Cover Image: Instant Pot Miracle Vegetarian Cookbook

Instant Pot Miracle Vegetarian Cookbook

A very well thought out cookbook. Ingredients were pretty easy to find and the steps were straightforward. I no longer eat a strict vegetarian diet but did for many years, so this was a good way for me to rethink my approach to nutrition and remind myself what I liked about being vegetarian. I would recommend this to others looking for quick, simple meals whether strictly vegetarian or not.
"Instant Pot Miracle Vegetarian Cookbook" by Urvashi Pitre is a must-have for all fans of the Instant Pot!  The included recipes are easy enough for the average home cook and are comprised of common ingredients that most cooks either already have on hand or can be found easily in your local grocery store.  All of these recipes are thoroughly tested-these recipes work! This book also includes a nice explanation of the different functions of the Instant Pot, as well as some great tips and tricks to getting the most out of your Pot.  This book is perfect for anyone who is trying to add more plant-based meals to their diet and is not just for vegetarians.  A full color photo accompanies most of the recipes, something that is lacking in many other Instant Pot cookbooks.

My favorite recipes from this book are as follows: Greek Style Green Beans and Potatoes, Chipotle Chili, Garlic-Parmesan Spaghetti Squash, Sweet and Spicy Glazed Brussels Sprouts, Texas Caviar, Summer Vegetable Soup, and HOT FUDGE PUDDING CAKE!

Many thanks to NetGalley, the publisher, and the author for the privilege of reviewing an advanced copy of this extremely useful cookbook in exchange for my honest review.
I have two other cookbooks by Urvashi Pitre and I love them.  She is an author I trust.  This book is both for an instant pot pro and the novice.  She gives active cooking time in the instant pot and total time, which is very important.   Most of the recipes have pictures, which are beautifully done.  I am not a vegetarian, but am starting to want to find ways to eat more vegetables and less meat.  The only critique I have is the omission of nutritional information, which I find very surprising as she seems to be very conscious of nutrition and very pro-keto diet in other ventures.  Overall, great instant pot vegetarian cookbook that would be a welcome addition to my endless cookbooks.
If you are vegan and own an instant pot, this is a must-have! You will love the recipes and will find that they are both easy and delicious!
I love this series of cookbooks, and am looking forward to this one especially.  I was unfortunately unable to access the file on the Netgalley Shelf app - I don't know why.
I just snagged an Instant Pot from Amazon because I've been wanting one for awhile. This cookbook is going to be the perfect place to get started because of its focus on vegetarian recipes.

First, I absolutely loved all of the information at the beginning of the cookbook. There were detailed descriptions on what to expect when using an Instant Pot and even FAQs for people that have run into trouble while they're cooking. There was so much valuable information that makes the introduction worth reading.

Second, I loved the vibrant photographs that accompany most of the recipes. It's always helpful to me to see what recipes are supposed to turn out like so I know whether it's worth the effort of making it. The pics made everything look so delicious and appetizing!

There are a variety of recipes with a wonderful international flair. My only complaint is that I wish there were more entrees vs. just side dishes. This would have me feel more like I would have a whole arsenal of dinners at the ready. I'm so excited to start making some of these recipes though, and I'd definitely recommend to other Instant Pot vegetarians!
I am all about my instapot and finding easy, not-bland, vegetarian recipes. Great for any library collection looking to appeal to the current cooking fads.
Happy to seek an all-veg instapot recipe book that is not all-american bland.  Thx for seeking out this author.
This is a bit hard to rate since the book does deliver on the title: simple and easy vegetarian recipes.  I didn't find any of the recipes inspiring or "must cook this right now!" but many looked to be suitable to try out, if only for something quick and easy for the evening's meal.  There are many photographs but problematic again, I found an example where it was the same dish, just photographed from a different angle.  Serving and prep information is given but there are no nutrition breakdowns.  So this is very much a mixed bag of good and no-so-good.

The sections are broken down by:  Vegetable recipes, Bean recipes, Rice/Grains recipes, Eggs/Cheese recipes, Sauces/Spice mixes, and then Desserts/Drinks recipes. An introduction covers the author's perspective on the book, how she approaches recipes and meals, instapot information, and an FAQ.  The end of the book has a useful chart of dietary considerations (which recipes are gluten free, nut free, etc.) and then an index.

The recipes have a nice variety to them with an international flavor.  E.g., ingredients can include things like Japanese curry blocks, soy curls, boba balls, Chinese black vinegar, coconut, garam masala, etc. The author prefers to not use 'meat substitutes' so you will find mushrooms, beans, sometimes tofu, in many vegetarian meals.  The recipes are fairly easy despite not using many 'cans' or other prepared products.  As well, many recipes are designed to be cooked alongside other items: e.g, you can cook Boston Baked Beans at the same time (in the same pot) that you are cooking Boston Brown Bread (by layering them).

The presentation is easy to follow, utilizing both orange and black colors.  There is a short introduction to the recipe, prep time, allergy considerations, list of ingredients and then short numbered steps.  There are photographs for every fourth recipe or so.

In all, although I didn't find any recipes that made me want to rush to my pressure cooker, I did find the book to have some good options for vegetarian meals. There aren't too many fancy or strange ingredients but be aware that recipes often call for ingredients you likely don't have hanging around in your pantry (or, if you are in a rural area/located overseas, you may have trouble obtaining the ingredient).  Reviewed from an advance reader copy provided by the publisher.
After trying a few of these recipes, all I have to say is "Yum!" I'm not a vegetarian, but I do love veggie heavy recipes. The Indian influence found in a lot of the recipes was a pleasant surprise as well!
I generally think the instant pot cookbooks are great but this felt very repetitive and uninspiring.
I would not purchase a classroom set of this cookbook, but I would include a copy in the Family & Consumer Science room. I would purchase the cookbook myself as I love my Instant Pot & choose to eat vegetarian most of the time.
Any book by Urvashi are tried and true recipes. Once a fan always a fan. Measurements are always accurate. Out of any cookbook, I would trust Urvashi. Her recipes never fail!

Thank you to Net Galley for this free ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Insightful, simple and delicious recipes. A must have for vegetarians using their Instantpot but also useful other cooks looking for meatless meals.
Urvashi Pitre's latest cookbook is an excellent resource for both vegetarians and for those who simply would like to incorporate more meatless dishes into their diet. Written for Instant Pot cooks, the recipes are easily adapted to other brands of multicooker, but note that there may be some ingredients not immediately recognisable to those outside the USA (just some, not too many).

The book is divided into a number of sections: Vegetables; Lentils, Beans & Legumes; Rice & Grains; Egg & Cheese; Desserts & Drinks; and finally, Sauces & Spice Mixes. All recipes are thoroughly indexed, but there is also a really useful chart at the back of the book to help find recipes that meet certain dietary or cooking criteria.

So far I've tested 3 recipes from the book, but I'm keen to try many more. I found the timings were quite accurate, the instructions were clear and results were generally what I hoped for. My Tangy Okra and Tomatoes scorched the bottom of the pot (I knew I shouldn't stir the canned tomatoes in, but the recipe didn't say it) but this didn't affect the dish, just my cleanup time! Cooking dried chickpeas under pressure for the first time (Chickpeas in Spicy Tomato Sauce), I wasn't sure whether to go for a standard or a slightly longer cook - next time I'll go a little longer to fully enjoy this simple, tasty dish. By far my favourite was the Creamy Beet-Yogurt Dip with Dill and Garlic - I'll be making this one frequently.

Many of the recipes are beautifully illustrated with photos by Ghazalle Badiozamani, and although I'm usually a one-recipe-one-photo cookbook collector, it didn't bother me too much that some were not represented. However, one small criticism I would make (and this might be more of an issue with the digital copy I was reading) is that the photos are inconsistently captioned, as in, some were and others weren't. In a paper version of the cookbook, the layout might make the identity of the dish obvious, but on screen it wasn't always easy. There were also photographs of uncaptioned dishes at the start of each section. I just think it was a wasted opportunity to attract the reader to those recipes.

Overall, this is a really good addition to my cookbook collection, which I will be referring to for the advice it offers as well as the recipes.
Alas, I was not able to download this book! I tried downloading it to my Mac, without success. There's no option to send to Kindle. Is there a kindle version you could enable or a print version? Thanks anyway. This was a kind ARC from Library Journal day of dialog. I think you likely found a sweet spot for cookbooks combining both instapot and Vegan cooking....I'm getting  closer to vegan everyday.
I'm not vegetarian, but I am allergic to dairy and red meat so I felt this book might inspire me to try new recipes. Unfortunately, I was unfamiliar with many of the dishes and could not locate some of the ingredients (I live in rural New Hampshire.) If this book had included more photographs of said dishes, perhaps I would have branched out of my comfort zone more. That being said, I enjoyed the recipes I did try and I found the directions easy to follow.
Tasty recipes for those looking for meat-free options. Easy-to-follow instructions, budget friendly ingredients, and  delicious results will have you going back to this cookbook time and time again.
Great resource! Over 100 all-new meatless recipes for the Instant Pot focused on whole foods, that will be enjoyed by many!
Highly recommended.

* I received an advanced reader’s copy of this book in exchange for my honest review
Regional and World Vegetarian Recipes… and Some Excellent Techniques

Are you an Instant Pot fan and a vegetarian who loves to explore regional and world cuisines? If so, this officially sanctioned Instant Pot cookbook might be of interest. The author begins the book with a little Instant Pot background and some of her personal tips. Clearly, she loves the appliance and has learned a trick or two. Most recipes look relatively straightforward, with only a few ingredients here and there that will need to be sourced beyond the average grocery store. The recipes themselves are divided by the predominant ingredient, like vegetables or legumes, or part of the meal, like dessert. Some recipes are vegetarian and Instant Pot spins on regional American cuisine, while others explore the cuisines of the world, though India and Mexico seem to be the two most favored. Many recipes just sound tasty, without being a part of any particular region or world cuisine. The recipes seem to assume that you have one of the high-end Instant Pots with all the settings, including variable pressure and the yogurt setting. My cheaper pot doesn’t have all the bells and whistles and certainly will not do all the recipes. But it will do most. The book is lushly photographed, with a vibrant photo for nearly every (if not all) recipes. They truly give a sense of the beautiful and healthful dishes that you can make in an Instant Pot. As with most cookbooks written for this appliance, the directions are straightforward—listing the settings and/or times to use to start the dish and release when done—and simple. By the way, she usually uses a combination of natural and quick releases to get the cooking timing just right.