Cover Image: In a Holidaze

In a Holidaze

I’m a big Christina Lauren fan and this one fell flat for me. There are a ton of characters to keep straight and because of the plot, you start to feel like you’re reading the same book over and over. I ended up skimming just so I could see how it ended.
This story is absolutely adorable and a perfect book to read during the holidays! I LOVED My Favorite Half-Night Stand so a big thanks to Netgalley for giving me the chance to review this one! It did not disappoint!

May was such a wonderful, quirky, anxiety driven character that I loved because I saw a lot of her in me. At a traditional family get together- that happens every Christmas- May ends up hooking up with Theo, her lifelong friend of the family. But, after a car crash- she ends up waking up to almost a Groundhog Day effect (Time hop)  to the same family weekend.

May, is in love with Theo’s brother Andrew... for like ever- and they finally have a romantic rendezvous one night that ends up with them both confessing their attraction to each other.

This book has love, comedy, craziness, awkwardness, and just downright so cute that it was a great read! What is even better was that ending! Great rom-com story!
In a Holidaze was a fun, sweet, holiday read. I generally do not love time travel storylines but, could not resist seeing how Christina Lauren would spin the trope. Initially, I was a bit confused on how it was all playing out and the 'Groundhog Day' aspect. In the end, this cast of characters was just too entertaining and lovable to care! I stopped trying to figure it out and truly enjoyed the ride...and the romance!
In A Holidaze was the perfect Holiday read and it filled me with all the holiday cheer!! I really enjoyed this one!!
I know that Christmas has passed us, but if you are not ready to let go of the holidays and also want a romantic read for the month of love then this is the perfect book for you. I absolutely loved this story, not only was it funny and romantic but the themes covered in this book warmed my heart and had me smiling from ear to ear. Through Maelyn’s adventures while repeating the same week over and over the authors are able to show the readers that you should always be true to yourself and it’s the small things in life that truly make it worth living. I highly recommend this book to all readers, it has a little something for everyone.
A clever time-warp holiday romance. Maelyn is a mess--trying to figure out what it is she wants and how to get it, and the universe provides with multiple chances to relive a week with her extended friends and family. The novel is ultimately a bit lightweight, however, but an amusing read nonetheless.
It was a cute book. I don't usually love books based on holidays and events, but this was a nice read. It was unique and fun and I'm glad I took a chance on something out of my comfort zone.
This is the exact holiday book I want to read!  I loved the Groundhog Day trope, the childhood love, the misunderstanding, and the resolution. I ripped through this and enjoyed every chapter along the way!
I have this five stars, I absolutely loved this one. This is definitely a new favorite. I loved the friends/family in this and reminded me of when I was younger. I can’t recommend this enough.
I'd never read anything by Christina Lauren (okay, aside from ONE other book) and I thought the premise of this book sounded interesting. These books tend to sell well in our area, so I figured I'd try it out. The word that best describes this for me was "cute". I wasn't on the edge of my seat or anything, but by no means was this a bad book..... just not my style. Overall, I was a little underwhelmed.  I'll try another book by these authors in the future,  because I, too, would love to see what all the fuss is about.
You can’t go wrong with anything by Christina Lauren! This was a little outside their normal books in that it was a bit unrealistic, but they made it work.
Loved this book!  This was a perfect book to read during the holiday season.  I loved the family traditions and how the friendships have remained throughout the years, even with changes within the families and new people added.  I wanted to be a part of this clan out in the cabin for the time together of food, board games and togetherness.
This was a delightful holiday read! In the style of Groundhog Day, Maelyn's life keeps resetting to the day she arrives at her annual Christmas gathering. She remembers everything from the times before, but doesn't manage to change enough to keep from dying and resetting once again...until the time she does.
In a Holidaze is the second book I have read by Christina Lauren and it won’t be the last.  I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline and I’m normally not one for  repeating the day tropes.  The characters were relatable, funny, quirky, and lovable. (Every one needs a Benny in their life!) The pace moved quickly and consistently.  I couldn’t put it down and finished it in a day.  Maelyn is the type of character that you’d love to go get drinks with to catch up on life.  She’s not too perfect and not too flawed but just enough to keep you on your toes.  I would definitely recommend this if you need a little pick me up read.
Christina Lauren are quickly becoming one of my favorite author duos. I love all of their books including this lighthearted and fun holiday romance that explores the topics of family and friendship and love and the importance of all of the above. The cozy Christmas cabin was such a fun setting for this story and made it feel that much more homey and warm. I would say out of all the books I have read from this author duo this one had the most family to it and in turn some family drama. The characters were fun and quirky and different and felt like whole people with real depth and thoughts and emotions. Highly recommend for a sweet friends to lovers, holiday romance.

Thanks to netgalley for providing a free ARC for review.

holiday reading vlog in which I read this book in 2 days because Christina Lauren's books never last longer than that
This writing duo have penned some of my favorites books and quite possibly, my favorite book ever in Love and Other Words. I read everything by these two that I can get my hands on so I was truly looking forward to their latest, In a Holidaze.
That said, this novel wasn't my favorite. The main reason for this was that there was a time traveling aspect throughout that threw me a bit. For some reason, time travel seems to be a popular idea with several best-selling authors lately, and while that isn't a deal-breaker for me, I didn't love it in this particular story. It all felt a bit disjointed and took away from my enjoyment of the novel as a whole. That said, I ended up really loving the characters and their story and I ended up giving it 3.5 stars. I rounded up here because I don't think you can ever go wrong with a Christina Lauren book.
I absolutely loved, “In a Holidaze” by Christina Lauren. It was the perfect holiday rom-com! Witty banter, love story, friends turned lovers- with authenticity, characters with depth and it just showed such a realistic relationship between the two main characters. It was my first book by Christina Lauren and it certainly will not be my last!! Best holiday read of the season for me!
Yet another great offering from Christina Lauren, this is tightly crafted and has a healthy amount of suspense - loved it!
Unfortunately, I didn't love this one. I am a HUGE Christina Lauren fan but this one fell short. While I enjoyed the cozy backdrop and holiday feel, I felt the plot was silly.
I enjoyed a lot of this book.  The strange time traveling (if that's what it was?) needed a more thorough explanation. Alternatively, as it was dropped pretty quickly, it could have been left out and the solid romance at the core of the book would have been the better for it.