Cover Image: In a Holidaze

In a Holidaze

In A Holidaze by Christina Lauren is an excellent, entertaining, and creative holiday romance that kept me entertained from beginning to end.  I have read several books from this awesome author duo and have enjoyed every one. This book did not disappoint. It can be sometimes hard to create a holiday-themed novel without taking it to the tacky route, and this book definitely kept the Christmas theme fresh, enjoyable, festive, and welcoming.

I enjoyed the concept of "Groundhog Day" added into the romance plot, and felt that it added a nice level of complexity to the light, romantic read. I enjoyed Mae and felt empathy for her troubles in life. I enjoyed her personality and her growth throughout her "unique" experiences. I appreciated the chemistry and also the secondary cast of family and characters. I also truly enjoyed the wonderful ending.

This wonderful romantic, comedic, snowy, and fun novel has most certainly placed me into the Holiday spirit. A wonderful addition to an excellent author portfolio. I look forward to additional books from this amazing double duo!

5/5 stars

Thank you NetGalley and Gallery Books for this excellent ARC and in return I am submitting my unbiased and voluntary review and opinion.

I am posting this review to my GR and Bookbub accounts immediately and will post it to my Amazon and B&N accounts upon publication.
I am a huge Christina Lauren fan and I was so happy to get a copy of this arc via netgalley for review! It isn’t your typical book by them, but I loved it anyway. Think Groundhog Day meets hallmark movie. Boom- all the feels!!! I kept waiting for the shoe to drop, or an explanation of some sort, but we don’t get one. You draw your own conclusions and of course a HEA.
Thank you NetGalley and Gallery Books for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I am a huge Christina Lauren fan and this book did not disappoint.  It was as if Unhoneymooners and Love and Other Words were combined into a beautiful holiday romance.

I'd recommend this book if you're looking for

-best friend's older brother
-elements of a second chance romance
-Groundhog Day time loops
-a beautiful cabin and holiday adventures
-Slow burn tension

This book made me wish it was Christmas and I could wrap myself up in a blanket with a cup of hot chocolate and read it.  It takes you right to that holiday feeling.  All of the supporting characters are fun.  The book will have you on the edge of your seat with the time loop element and wondering if Mae will get her happy ending.  I was laughing out loud throughout, unable to put it down.  I loved Andrew so much.  Couldn't recommend this one more!
I always enjoy a Christina Lauren book! It was a good, fun read. A classic Groundhog day situation, which I think are always fun. I kept expecting there to be more twists in the story, but overall it was a nice read.
I loved the premise of this story.  It was refreshingly different.  Well written, great dialogue and great characters.  I loved Benny! Two thumbs up!
Thank you publisher and NetGalley for the early copy.

This was a cute read! 4/5 Stars

Review to come closer to the release date.
Y’all! This book was not what I was expecting. It’s different from other books out there. A sweet story with a side of romance.

I’ve never read a book like this. Seen tv and movies like it but never read anything before.

I was a little confused at first and even though she clarified the ages I still felt like I was reading people in college for most of the story.

I enjoyed all the characters in this book! I wish we could have had more interaction from the characters because at times it was very wordy with internal dialogue and did have me questioning where the connection came from.

I thought this book was going to go one way but I was wrong. I like how everything came together at the end.
Not my favorite Christina Lauren but I liked it better than their previous book. The story felt a bit rushed, like there should have been more trials for Mae before settling in but I enjoyed the vibe the characters had.
There is really not much to say, except read it!!

The book gave me this cozy feel of everything will be perfect one day. It will all work out, you just have to wish for it.

In a Holidaze is the perfect Christmas read with a dash of something more.

And the way the cabin was described, and how they all came together to celebrate and spent time together was magic. Wonderfully Christmasish! I wanted it all RIGHT THEN! The traditions, the connections, the love, and the tender moments, and especially the cabin!

Have I mentioned the cabin yet?? If not, it was a dream of coziness, and told the story of family get-togethers, of roaring fireplaces and game nights. Of baking together and sleeping in bunkbeds. A beloved vacation home that brought all the families together, year in and year out.

The characters were wonderful, all of them. They made me want to be adopted. The tender love and support, the loyalty, history and life long connections, the fun and laughter felt so wonderfully REAL!!! You’ll want to be a part of it!

In a Holidaze is probably the authors’ most feel good and uplifting novel yet. It’s cheerful, touching, funny, all in all a wonderful romance for any season.

A big thumbs up from me!!
This was so so much fun.  Maelyn Jones has about a million cute nicknames, as well as a pretty great family that included her parent's friends and their kids.  Mae begs the universe to show her what will make her happy after leaving the cabin for what she thought would be the last time.  Cue Groundhog Day meets Landline by Rainbow Rowell and you have this addictively sweet journey through a few days over Christmas.  Mae works hard to follow what will make her happy, something we could all learn from her!
A fun holiday feel good rom-com delivered once again by Christina Lauren that is centered around family. As the book starts I thought I knew where it was headed but I was way off and surprised. Imagine Groundhog Day coming to a Park City, UT family tradition at Christmas time. The feels were sticky sweet and the family members were amazing as we would come to expect.

When Maelyn Jones and her family arrive for the holidays they can't believe that the beloved cabin is going to be sold and new memories will need to be made somewhere else. This is the cabin where Mae has spent every holiday since she was born. As the festivities come to a close, they are heading back to the airport Mae has a simple wish ... to show her what will make her happy and fulfilled. When a car accident happens on the way back, Mae wakes up to find that she is on the airplane again headed to Utah for Christmas -- is this a time-loop or maybe a second-chance? Do it till you get it right? Why is this happening? Mae soon realizes it's not deja-vu and that she is given another chance to do what she wants and make changes. You can really see how really close everyone is with each other and why Mae takes a while to sort through her true feelings about one of the other family's sons. Love, laughter, and a great family are all packed in for fun holiday spirit!

It is great that there is also a side plot on saving the Christmas family vacation cabin. A perfect book for the holidays in a Hallmark kind of way that will delight many!
What is your favorite holiday book?

I don’t need to look any further because this is it for me. I was completely sold when I heard my favorite duo was making a holiday book... and boy did they deliver.

I love that it’s June as I read this book and I have Christmas vibes. This book is riddled with everything special about the holidays. The cold days cozying up next to a fire, the mistletoe you use as an excuse to steal a kiss, and the smell of pine trees surrounding your nose. The close-knit friend group that is basically family had my heart. From the snow building contest to the fun games they play every year, I wanted so badly to be a part of this crazy bunch.

I was intrigued by the synopsis, completely enamored by the first chapter, and fell deeper in love with every passing page. Mae was amazing throughout this book. I enjoyed her journey as she found something new to appreciate with each repeat and the way she changed up the mundane and the traditions with something more meaningful and unique. I love how this is more of a journey for Mae finding herself rather than a love story for Mae, but don’t get me wrong the love story was full of swoon and gave me all the butterflies. She gets to experience the second chance and have the opportunity to right wrongs, but the main message is to live in the present and to be true to yourself. Do things now and take advantage of things that give you the opportunity to enjoy your life because life is way too short.

This book was really sweet. Christina Lauren took a cliche plot and intertwined their unique twist on it. I hated putting this book down. I would literally sneak away at work just to read a couple of paragraphs. This book made me feel the love and kept me giggling like a little girl, speckled with tension filled moments that made me swoon, and kept me smiling from ear to ear. Can I please keep Benny? He is amazing. I love that this weed loving, nomad millionaire is Mae’s guide on how to navigate her way through this weird time loop.

My only qualm about this was the ending. It was a little too sweet for my taste but this is a holiday book which is supposed to bring joy and cheer and give the ever oh so sweet happily ever after ending. I loved this book and I cannot wait till I can read it again closer to Christmas maybe with some jam and applesauce on my blintzes or just maybe with a cocktail on my porch.

Thank you to NetGalley and Gallery Books for this ARC and to Christina Lauren for my new favorite holiday book
as the last two ChLo books have been a bit of a disappointment in my opinion, Im so glad that I still read everything she releases. This was just like a Christmas hallmark movie and I loved it!
I love the concept of this book! It was so fun and I loved all of the extended family. When I started it, I thought it would go one way, but then it went the opposite! This is a perfect book for the holidays.
This book had such a fun holiday feel! This was your typical holiday romance that centers around family. Throughout the book the characters do bunch of fun snow activities throughout. There is time travel in the book, so if that is something that you don't prefer keep that in mind! I'm so excited for this book to release this holiday season!

Thanks to Gallery Books & NetGalley
A big thank you to Netgalley for allowing me to read an advanced reader's edition of Christina Lauren's new holiday book.  Mae loves the yearly tradition of visiting with family and close family friends at a family cabin in Utah.  This year, her family is shocked to learn that the cabin will be sold and new traditions will need to be made.  Mae and her family are heading back to the airport when they have an accident.  Mae wakes up to find that she is on the airplane headed to Utah for Christmas.  Unclear about what has happened, she struggles with the idea that she has gone back in time.  What is she supposed to do and why has this happened?  Wonderful holiday book that I know many will enjoy!
I liked this one. Not enough to buy it when it comes out. But parts of it were cute and parts of it were whatever. There’s almost no romance in it so if that’s what you’re looking for, look elsewhere.
This is the feel good romcom that 2020 needs!!!!! This will be the romantic holiday book of the year!   I was looking for an endearing, uplifting romantic comedy, and this book did not disappoint!  Christina Lauren has such a beautiful way of making their characters come to life.  The main character, Mae, is caught in a Groundhog Day type situation, and adorable fiascos ensue!  This is a sweet romance, but there is also a deeper story of living your authentic life.
Christina Lauren does it again!!!!
I loved this book soo much. Although it felt a bit weird to read a Christmas romance in June, I was still thoroughly entertained. I lived the huge cast, all the fun holiday activities in the book, the elements of family and friendships and I loved the romance between Mae and Andrew. It was sweet and hot and all kinds of awesome.
Definitely recommended!
Rating : 4 stars
First of all, thank you to NetGalley and Gallery Books for allowing me to review In A Holidaze by Christina Lauren!
I was so excited once I found out this amazing duo was coming out with a new book, as after reading the masterpiece that is The Unhoneymooners, I fell in love with their writing and original storyline.

This book is set around Christmas time (the most wonderful time of the year), and begins by telling the reader how Maelyn Jones has spent all her holidays in her lifetime: in an old cabin with way too many people that she only sees twice a year but loves them to death (one in a particular way). However, soon enough, when she thinks the holidays are over, she gets to relive them for a couple of times until fate thinks she got it right.

Once I starting reading the first few chapters, I was sure I knew how the story line would end, but I could not be more wrong even if I had tried. Maelyn quickly realizes it is more than just a deja-vu and that life (or whatever) is giving her another chance to actually do what she wants, instead of being a people pleaser. I loved to see how her character had a huge growth over the chapters, and even though it started because of wrong reasons (she thought nobody would remember), at the end, she really did it for herself - she was done being a passenger in her own life.

I expected the romance (of course!), but I really fell in love with the family dynamic that was felt every time all the other characters interacted with Maelyn. Everyone had a reason to be part of the story line, which is extremely rare in the YA world. All the holiday activities really showed the reader how close this group of people cared about each other, and also serves as an explanation as to why Mae took so long to come clean about her feelings toward one of the other family's son.

I do not want to spoil it to anyone, so I won't mention the guy's name, but I completely understood how the development of this romantic relationship. I found it extremely realistic how easy but also tricky it is to go from friends to lovers in a matter of days. The sense of familiarity that Mae felt to be with him, at the same time as wondering if things are going too fast too soon.

Beautifully written!

I recommend this book and all the other ones written by Christina Lauren.