Cover Image: A Little Bit of Karma

A Little Bit of Karma

All i can say is I loved this book.  A good read from the time i started till the last page.  Loved the suspense and twist of  the plot.  Kudos  Ms Tate Billingsley! You MUST do a sequel....Is Vincent going too get his money?
To their fans, they were the perfect couple with all of the relationship answers, but Shannon and Jay Lovejoy, radio talk show hosts, reality was far from the truth and now they must face the world with the news that even their little slice of marital paradise has crashed hard on the shores of selfish failure.

A LITTLE BIT OF KARMA by ReShonda Tate Billingsley has a little of everything, suspense, betrayal, bitterness and even a little fun along the way as she navigates some brutal human failings that would test the patience of a saint, which neither of these characters are.

Emotionally riveting, readers cannot help but become invested in the events of this book, the good, the bad and the ugly sides of marriage, communication and the bravado of the ego. Well written, yet filled with subject matter that is a total taboo for me, I still found myself turning page after page as these slightly unlikeable characters reveal human flaw after human flaw.

I received a complimentary ARC edition from Gallery Books! This is my honest and voluntary review.
I am a fan of this author, and this books had a little bit of twis and turns, but not one of her best.  I went thru the book fast just to get to the end and end it.  I will hand sell it because she is a good writer.  Not every author can have all outstanding good books.
I really wanted to like this book. The writing is good, the fact that it's a romantic story with mystery/action thrown in is a huge plus, but... ***SPOILER ALERT!***

I DO NOT abide by books in which a man cheats on his wife and still ends up patching things up. Worse, he actually blames her for the cheating. What has made her into such an angry, bitter harpy that he just has to fall into the arms of another woman? He got a vasectomy behind her back because he didn't want children.

Yikes. I'm done. No way. There's nothing redeeming about taking back a man who does this. DNF for me, don't care if it turns out to be a big mixup or whatever (although that doesn't seem likely, given the sexual text messages and photos that the FMC intercepts).
I honestly wasn't sure what to expect from this book, but I have to say some of the twists were pleasant surprises. I hope that the story is continued with a sequel, because there is some unfinished business here. ReShonda Tate Billingsley's characters are complex, and the settings are highly cinematic -- I felt like I was watching everything unfold. I'm looking forward to picking up other works by Ms. Billingsley! This review is based on an advanced copy through NetGalley.
Our girl ReShonda Tate Billingsley is back with a new book due out soon. This book takes readers on a wild ride of deception, secret affairs, and murder.

The quick rundown: The Lovejoys are a successful power couple on the brink of divorce. They think they’ve seen the worst of their marriage until they are the prime suspects of a murder investigation.

Confession: I didn’t enjoy this book initially. Why? I thought I knew where we were going until the story took a sharp left turn and surprised me, big time.

To not spoil it, I will say that this book is an adventure featuring the Lovejoys. These two, who make a living giving relationship advice, are forced to take the advice they dish out to their listeners and followers. I enjoyed the message of this book because, baaaaabbbbbyyyyyy, if you’ve been married, you KNOW marriage is no joke ok?! It is hard work.

In short, I enjoyed it and fans of ReShonda’s work will too. Check it out!

I received an ARC from NetGalley to read and review.
A Little Bit of Karma is the latest story from ReShonda Tate Billingsley. I would give it 3 and a half stars, so upping it to 4. In the beginning of the book I thought I knew exactly where the story was going. I was correct, but thankfully also wrong. A mystery thrown in with the romance makes this an interesting tale. I want to thank Netgalley and Gallery Books for an early copy to review.
So it took me a couple of days to finish this book, but only because I had to work. ReShonda Tate Billingsley does not disappoint. Jay and Shannon Lovejoy are a successful couple who have built their success on their ability to help others maintain relationships. However, it appears that all is not right in the Lovejoy household, but they have to carry on as there is an expensive retreat that they must attend with their fans. It is at this retreat that things begin to go from bad to worse. Now are the Lovejoys not only dealing with the rift in their marriage, but it appears that they have committed a crime. Or are they being framed? Only time will tell. It is a book that is not the typical genre of Billingsley. However, the intrigue, romance and suspense will keep you turning page after page. Thank you to NetGalley, the author and publisher for the opportunity to review this book.
Woo,baby. YOu are in for a ride with this one right here. In this book you meed shannon and jay lovejoy a what you would call relationship goals couple or are they In this book you gonna feel every emotion. You may wanna bring out your waiting to exhale soundtrack for the first half of the book because you gonna need it.  Now the second half  you gonna need some gangsta rap because baby it felt like some scandal mixed with how to get away with murder in this book. I'm gonna leave you with two words Read it because its a banger.
A Little Bit of Karma
by ReShonda Tate Billingsley
Its an interesting twist on the idea of love and the aspect of learning how to keep a marriage together. Shannon and  Jay are getting divorced. Shannon has always said that she would never forgive herself if she allowed her lover to cheat on her. But faced with Jay's betrayal she had a hard time learning to accept that he made a mistake. Its through difficulty that they re-find the spark that kindles their marriage. Very dramatic story. With almost spy vs spy escapades.
I would like to say thank you to NetGalley for the opportunity to read an advance copy of this book.
A Little Bit of Karma is a very new avenue from previous works by author ReShonda Tate Billingsley. This book turned out to be more of a mystery crime thriller. Our main characters, Jay and Shannon Lovejoy are a power couple who many count on for love and relationship advice. This job has brought them great success that is until an indiscretion by Jay sets their lives spinning out of control.
While I enjoyed this new lane Ms. Billingsley dabbed in, I could tell that she was new to it. There were many moments in which I found things to be repetitive and predictable. I pretty much guessed what was coming next. Compared to previous works, this book fell a bit short on thrill for me. It was, in my opinion, more so a book that you would see from a inexperienced writer. It is a good book but I definitely think that it left me wanting more.
This was sooooo good.   This the first suspense book that Reshonda has done and it was great.  I read this book in one day.   I really thought that Ivan was forgotten until the end of the book .  I hope that it will be a sequel to the book.   Thanks  for the advanced book NetGallery!
This book was really good. I finished it in about 3 days. I liked the plot twist but I do believe that more could have been developed within the plot twist. It seemed to have several missing pieces and things were just happening. Overall this was an enjoyable read
Man oh man!! This was my first book by Reshonda Tate Billingsley, but it will not be my last. A Little Bit of Karma took off steady and smoothly. I could literally see the plot as I read. It kind of gave me feels of one set of characters in the movie "Girls Trip", but with suspense!!

The beginning of the book only shows that it was going to be drama filled and I enjoyed every moment of it.  Dr. Shannon and Jay Lovejoy lives were an epitome of what you do can and will come back to see you again.

The redemption in this book was everything. It reminds one that just because you may have fallen down does not mean you have to stay there and that all things broken does not mean it can't be mended❣❣

This is an honest and unbais review for a free advanced copy of this book from Netgally.
This author never disappoints. The suspense was something I hadn't seen from Billingsly but was pleasantly surprised to find the same threads of redemption that run through most of her books. Actually the evolution of characters is what kept me engaged. Though I enjoyed the story the suspense was not the element that carried me to the end. This may be because Suspense is not my normal genre. But overall I enjoyed the story.

I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for my unbiased review.
This is my first time reading a book from this author. What I thought would be a book about broken hearts and a failed marriage was instead a book about broken hearts and a failed marriage. Along with a crazy and mixed up adventure. I didn't expect to be taken on a ride like this. Some of the plot was a bit fantastical. But overall, I enjoyed the ride that this book took me on with Shannon and Jay. A good read! I voluntarily read this book via Netgalley in exchange for my honest opinion.
This book is a great viewpoint of how decisions have consequences. There are so many things that we do on a day to day basis that we don't consider until things have reached a point of having to be dealt with. Dr. Shannon and Jay Lovejoy are no different.

The storytelling of this book was filled with moments that resonate. There are business deals. There are moments filled with success and the unexpected. And most of all, there is suspense that makes you keep reading and reading.

You should definitely read this one. It may shift your perspectives and have you clinching your seat.

Great writing.
Even with the suspense and “whodunit” plot, Reshonda Tate Billingsley stayed true to her redemptive characters. If you’ve read her previous works, you know she always takes the characters through an evolution - Jay and Dr. Shannon were not different. This was a stray from her usual writing style and not her best work, but still a good read nonetheless. Impossible to compare to the recently hyped thrillers, this book was a “whodunit” with a primary focus on the survival of a relationship. I found myself absorbed in the first half of the book and initially perplexed as the action began...I ultimately rode the wave to the end, interested in The Who, what, when and why, and was satisfied with the conclusion and how the author had it unfold. Only complaint I have, is the inability to clearly understand the relationship between Keri and the older woman - initially I thought the discrepancies was a highlight to the woman’s lapsing memory but I’m not quite sure...is that her mother or grandmother? Four stars - but suspense may not be Mrs. Billingsley’s niche.
Review submitted to the appropriate parties. That review cannot be shared in this space.
*small spoilers ahead *

Thank you to NetGalley for giving me a copy of this book. I’m very familiar with Tate’s work as was surprised to see that she’s still writing. This story is a little different from what she usually writes (and she notes this in her author’s note) but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It’s always interesting to see how different people handle a disconnect in their relationship/infidelity. I really hated the kidnapping cliche and the somewhat anti-climatic ending to the story but it definitely took me on some twist and turns. I wasn’t surprised to see that the couple will remain together but am wondering if there will be another installment based on the cliffhanger presented. Overall this was very well written and I would be interesting in seeing what Tate writes next.