Cover Image: A Song for Another Day

A Song for Another Day

An entertaining and well written romance.  Good plot and character dynamics.  I highly recommend it.  I received an advance ebook from the publisher and Netgalley.  This is my unbiased review.
All New York City actress Gigi Jenson wants is to be on Broadway. Her latest audition went well but she hasn’t heard back yet. While waiting, she agrees to direct a revue in the small town of Willow Springs. The pay’s not great but it’ll be a wonderful experience and will look impressive on her resume. Once she gets settled in, it’s nothing like she expected. She’s juggling several acts and needs help. Into her life walks Jason Simmons, a handsome man with a musical gift. As the two become close, they encourage each other’s dreams. Before she knows what’s happened, she’s fallen hard for him. Her heart is torn in two when her chance to be with a man she loves conflicts with her shot at Broadway. Which path will she choose or is there a third one she hasn’t thought of yet?

A Song for Another Day is a feel-good romance where theater and country music harmonize. Maria Imbalzano takes a big-city woman and thrusts her out of her element into a rural small town. It starts off as an enemies to lovers romance but as the story progresses, it turns out Gigi and Jason aren’t that different. A Song for Another Day is another installment in the Deerbourne Inn series and it’s one of my favorites. Readers will get a chance to see townfolk from previous books in the series and reconnect. The ambiance of Willow Spring takes over in A Song for Another Day and I loved it. With some twists and witty dialogue, this book burrowed into my heart. The ending made my heart burst into a romantic melody. If you’re like me and love small-town romance, you’ll want to read A Song for Another Day. This is definitely a keeper. Highly recommend!

My Rating: 5 stars
This may be a fast read, but we still get a beautiful romance.  Gigi comes to Willow Springs to direct a revue and meets Jason.  They are attracted to each other, but she’ll only be in town for six weeks.  Do they take a chance on romance or do they decide to be friends?  Grab your copy of this story with some wonderful characters and get ready to want to visit Willow Springs and the Deerbourne Inn yourself.

I received an advanced reader copy of this book from NetGalley and this is my voluntary and honest review.
In the latest edition to the wonderful smalltown DEERBOURNE INN series from the Wild Rose Press, A SONG FOR ANOTHER DAY is a modern day love story about compromise.

Broadway dancer wanna-be and positive thinking Gigi Jenson, takes a 6 week job in Willow Springs, Vermont, as director of the town's first annual community revue. She's waiting for a call back to a national touring company of CATS and needs the job. Like water and Oil, fast-paced Gigi is as different from the slow-paced town as you can get.

Jason Simmons is a Willow Springs townie. A talented songwriter - he battles paralyzing stage freight, something that railroads his future career. He doesn't ever think he'll make it big due to his fear.

From the first moment these two meet they are attracted to one another. When Gigi finds out about Jason's talent - and fear- she vows to help him overcome it. After all, he shouldn't be denied a chance at his dream, something she knows all to well about.

As their love story unfolds, Gig's career opportunities look like they'll railroad any plans of a future these two could have together. But as I said, this book is all about compromise and a compromise for love is the best kind!

This edition of the Deerbourne Inn series is one of my favorites so far!! The characters, both independent and fully formed human beings (!) each strive to their best and fully support one another. AS their love is developing on the page, the emotions and thoughts Ms Imbalzano puts behind their motivations is so exact that you can't help but feel that if you were in the same position as the characters, you'd act in the exact same way they do. I love that!

I highly recommend this book and I'm giving it 5 stars because the story, the characters, and the setting SANG to me!
Brava.