Cover Image: Book Club Kit: Mexican Gothic

Book Club Kit: Mexican Gothic

Book Club Kit: Mexican Gothic is one of a series of supportive brochures available for top end fiction and nonfiction titles from Penguin Random House Librarian Resources.  Released 11th Feb 2021 by Penguin Random House, this entry is filled with erudite and interesting background history to enhance the personal or book-club reading experience for Silvia Moreno-Garcia's atmospheric book from 2020. This brochure is 14 pages and includes discussion questions, musical playlist, background reference and history, and a beautifully illustrated paper doll set (with instructions).

I enjoy the extra resources and enhancements the larger publishing houses are able to employ to support their publications. I also appreciate that most library systems can provide quite a lot of extra support and guidance to their patrons and groups. These materials would be appropriate for online/remote discussion groups, formal education (modern literature, modern history, gothic literature, etc), and for enhancing personal reading. I found a number of good ideas for further reading with which I was previously unfamiliar. I love the genre.

Five stars. Compact, succinct, beautiful typesetting and graphics. It does -not- include the original book, just the discussion and support materials. Available free from the publisher's website.

Thanks for this- which would be useful if it included a copy of the book which I was declined.  I'd strong suggest making it clear in the blurb that this does not include the book.  I would not have downloaded it if that had been apparent.
Excellent Book Club guide! Thank you to the Publisher for providing it. I enjoyed the playlist and the paper doll!
I Love this Book club guide! It fits so perfectly with the story

The playlist! The paper doll!

And it all ties in so well to the story I love it!
Thanks to the publisher for providing this book club kit, these are always useful to have and the paper dolls are very fun!
This was a great book so the book club discussion guide completes the experience. Some of the questions do lead to some interesting ways of approaching the book themes. Thank you for this companion book club guide.
I loved the book and can definitely see it as a show/movie.  This discussion guide is a great resource for a book club.
A simple kit of the volume with images and insights along 14 pages. Nothing important even if it's nice. Maybe if I had been the publisher, I wouldn't have put it on netgalley. The story certainly intrigues me and intrigues me. I hope to be able to read it as soon as possible given both the wonderful cover and the plot that suggests great interest.
A really fun book club kit that Mexican Gothic readers will enjoy! This seems aimed at young adult readers and provides information about the novel and the history it's based around. The discussion questions were a little simple and open-ended. Other fun tidbits include: the Doyle family seal described in the book, a music playlist curated by the author, background information/history, and a paper doll Noemi with multiple outfits with information about the clothing styles.