Cover Image: Book Club Kit: Becoming

Book Club Kit: Becoming

This kit has about 30 discussion questions, an interview with Mrs. Obama, as well as quotes that would make a great poster. I think this kit could be used in conjunction with excepts from the book in a classroom setting when teaching nonfiction which is taught in all English classrooms these days. I could definitely use the questions for something like a Socratic Seminar or even as essay topics. This is a great kit and certainly recommended.
Unfortunately I did not realize this was a short book club kit on the book Becoming.  Though it had great talking points, I had to go back and find another copy of the actual book. If I were to be leading a book club or class, this would have been extremely helpful to guide conversations!
Much as you would expect from a Book Club Kit, a handy little guide, helpful for both individual readers and book groups alike.
This is an excellent reading guide for Becoming. I love the layout for the extra additional questions. Putting them into squares help the questions stand out. I also love how an interview with Michelle Obama was included. Excellent guide.
I loved Becoming and this book club kit felt like a great way to discuss the book. Michelle Obama's book is extraordinary and I connected with her so much.
This is the first book club kit I have reviewed., and given the popularity of the book it discusses, it certainly fills a niche. The kit provides a helpful combination of review questions, information from Mrs. Obama herself, and  thought-provoking discussion questions. Read this along with the book on your own, or in preparation for a book club discussion.
If you are getting ready to read "Becoming" by Michelle Obama in your book club, this is certainly a good place to start off. I would even say, that if you are reading it on your own, this could be beneficial.

It contains some quotes, that would be very interesting to discuss and to take a deeper look at. I really liked that idea.

There is furthermore a Q&A section, where Michelle Obama has answered some of the questions you probably would like answered, so that is pretty cool as well.

All in all, this is a good book club kit if you are reading this book or getting ready to read it and want some help to start the discussion.
Thank you NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this book kit.

What a great tool for facilitating a book club reading of Michelle Obama’s book,  The
Questions were insightful and would no doubt lead to a better understanding of this autobiography.

I would recommend this kit to anyone interested in leading a book discussion group on Michelle”s book.
It would lead to a clearer picture of this amazing former First Lady.
Great Book Club Kit as a supplement to Becoming! The questions were provocative & really enjoyed the interview with Michelle Obama.   Would definitely recommend for Book Clubs or anyone who wants to reflect on the book alone!
This book club kit includes lots of thoughtful questions to inspire conversation and deeper consideration for topics brought up in Becoming.  The kit also includes an interview with Michelle Obama.  This is a great book club kit, and I would definitely utilize these questions during a book club meeting.
I read Becoming earlier this year and, unlike many of my friends, never had the pleasure of discussing it with a book club. I was so glad to find this book club kit! It's really robust, and I loved that it also included some Q&A with Mrs. Obama herself. I will say, the formatting was a little wonky but that may have just been my device. Overall, the book club kit had the effect of making me want to re-read Becoming all over again, and to sit down with a friend who has read it and dissect all of these various questions and topics. This is exactly what a book club kit should be. I sincerely hope there are more books to come from Michelle - I read Becoming via audiobook and listening to her tell it was such a lovely experience.
This was a useful companion piece to the book Becoming. It can be used as a summary and to check understanding of the book. It helps encapsulate the huge amount of information given throughout the book.

The additional resource at the end of the Q&A with Michelle Obama was the best part. It provides interesting extra information on her writing process throughout Becoming.
I coordinate multiple book clubs and I love when books have kits or even discussion questions and/or reading guides. Yes, as readers we can come up with our own questions, but these kinds of documents can provide additional inspiration.
This provides an interesting overview from book club.  I’ve heard nothing but praise for this book so can be assured I will not be disappointed.

A very clever, smart and personable lady and superb ambassador for the US.  A definite must-read and will make a good comparison to Kamala Harris’ biography.
The perfect bookclub kit for any group looking to delve in deeper to Michelle Obama's book "Becoming." The discussion questions are thorough and the readers guide insightful. I have no doubt that this would bring more to any group discussion.
Wow. I already knew Michelle Obama was an amazing woman, but this opened my eyes to just how amazing and inspiring she is. A must read!
I read this book in the end of 2020 and these question are a good resource for who read the book in a bookclub. The questions lead to great discussions and because there ares so many questions we could have many topics for discussions.
The interview with Michelle Obama  is the icing on the cake.
This is a wonderful resources for all bookclubs! The question are very well thought out and I think they would lead to great discussions. There are two sets of questions too, which allows for a wide range of topics and discussion. The interview at the end was very insightful too!
I absolutely loved this book when I read it and have been intrigued by Michelle Obama ever since. The questions look really interesting and I look forward to rereading it with them in mind. I think they will enhance the reading and my enjoyment even more. I expect this would be a great addition to any reading group's experience and might even encourage more people to read this book.
The Book Club Kit for Becoming by Michelle Obama is an excellent companion to her autobiography. There are so many possible topics of discussion, and this kit provides 30 questions that will spur some great discussions. It also includes a Q&A with Michelle Obama, some of which focus on her writing process and some of which focus on decision points in her life. Great resource!