Cover Image: How Did I Get Here?

How Did I Get Here?

Great read. Very thought provoking and a good resource when you in a spiritual defunct. Scripture based approach with the authors perspective.
This book hurt with truth. Parallel so much in my own life and walk. A wake up call.  Anchor down and persevere. A book I will turn to as much as I have highlighted. Recommend reading.
This is my first book by Christine Caine, but I heard her speak at a Propel conference in 2019 and loved her! What I enjoyed was how she writes just like she speaks and I felt like I could hear her voice as I read. Definitely recommend!
If I were reading a physical copy of this book, it would be bleeding yellow with all my highlights! Definitely plan to purchase a copy so I can read through it again with proper layout and more edits, as this digital ARC layout made it a little hard to track the thought at times.

“Just like ocean currents can carry us to places we never intended to go, if we don’t press on for more of Jesus, then the currents of our time will take us wherever they are headed.”

These last two years have been hard for so many. It was easy to drift away from the things we know spiritually with all we each faced. But we must keep swimming and return back to where we belong. I highly recommend this book if you have found yourself in a place you don’t recognize.
How Did I get Here by Christine Caine is an honest, heartfelt book.  Feeling lost or "at sea" in one's life has happened to many of us, one time or another.  I appreciate how she uses examples from her own life.  This gives me confidence she truly understands since she's gone through it herself.

I took off one star because of an overuse, in my opinion, of repetitive phrases to emphasize a thought.  That's my opinion and personal taste only, others will be fine with it, but I found it a bit distracting.

However, the crux of this book is very good, written from the heart, and will help many readers.  I recommend this book.
This book will help so many people. From the first page, I was hooked. Caine’s transparency is so relevant and relatable. And to hear it come from someone who is so high energy and highly anointed was a breath of fresh air.
I took so much away from this book, not to mention how many entertaining stories she gave of her own life. (I love hear about the Greek culture!!) The way she writes is just as engaging as the way she speaks.
My only caveat about the book is that the first 1-7 chapters were amazing but those last few chapters (8-10) just felt repetitive, there weren’t any real new points in them, in my opinion. I wish publishers didn’t force authors to hit a word/chapter limit so that we didn’t have to have those types of book endings.
Written in Caine's unique, point-blank style, this is a hard-hitting but encouraging read. There are a lot of statements that make you sit up and really think about how you are framing your circumstances and the things you are telling yourself. Not a self-help book, this is more of a self-assessment on how well we are really putting our trust in Jesus. Definitely worth the read!

I received this ebook free from NetGalley. My opinions are voluntarily given.
I have never heard a sermon nor read a book that deals with this particular topic.  The verse in Hebrews that she recites in the beginning of the book urges us to be careful not to drift.  Drifting from religion and our beliefs is an ongoing problem as a Christian. As a follower of Christ  we feel safe where we are in our lives, but must constantly take stock of ourselves and measure it against the Bible lest we become complacent.   The author relates several ways that we "drift". The list surprised me!!  It IS so easy to drift in our busy lives.

Christine Caine shares her very diverse life--diverse in nationality!! Her narrations highlight the course we must take.  Somewhere along her life path she drifted and she desires to share her knowledge.

This book is for every Christian out there!  We all drift and we all need to see how we got there and how to return home again.
Christine Caine’s Bible How Did I Get Here? is a well-written and powerful book about how to live our lives in the present and to trust Jesus to help us along the way. She shows us even when life is difficult how to trust God so we can move forward. This is a book I will return to often during my own spiritual journey. I look forward to reading more books by Christine Caine.
Rating: 3.5 rounded up to 4. This book is about drifting, and I discovered it in a season of my life where I was— still am— drifting as never before. A global pandemic, my Mom’s death after a struggle with illness, not having a family of my own. Questioning if I made the right choice of career and chose the right city to live in after spending the better part of a decade building what, from the outside, looked great. As Christine notes in the book intro, “the realization that I wasn’t sure I wanted what I had always wanted the way I had wanted it was startling.”

I appreciated how this book reminds me that if Jesus could press on through all the rejection, hurt, betrayal, sadness, and disbelief He faced when He walked in our fallen earth, then I can, too. Not in my own strength, but with the Holy Spirit in me. The trouble is I don’t feel like this book really helped me to reconnect with Him, which I hope is the desire of my heart in this drifting season but I’m honestly not sure anymore. It’s the uncertainty that scares me. Maybe that means He is near? After all, scripture tells us that He runs after us and is close to the broken hearted, binding up their wounds.

I appreciated Christine’s transparency to share that she often says to her husband Nick- primarily so she can hear it herself as much as him- “You are not God.” I think in times of drifting I tend to cling to loved ones, family or friends, but I can’t expect them— or myself— to shoulder what only Christ alone can.

“It takes faith to hold on to the truth that God is good when life is not.” Jesus, like the father in Mark 9:24, please help me with my unbelief.

My thanks to Netgalley, Christine Caine and Nelson Books for the digital galley in exchange for an honest review.
Whenever I see Christine preaching the Word or releasing a new book, I am excited to tune in. She is always open with her own life. She does not pull back when we need to hear the Truth. Christine has again offered us a book that will challenge us and cause us to look inward and examine our hearts and lives.
It's been years since I last read a book by Christine Caine and I was so excited to finally read another one. I found How Did I Get Here? a great reminder to remember to continually draw near to Christ. I can't wait to read more of her books, I definitely won't wait so long before reading another!
This was encouragement that I knew I needed. Christine Caine spoke with such genuine kindness to the people reading who feel far from God and never meant to be.
She made it abundantly clear that Jesus sees us and loves us and already has a way for us.
I was extremely encouraged by this book. I loved it. Highly recommend.
I downloaded this book to read as a mental 'reset' after being distracted by the various trials in life, and I'm glad I did.  It was a great encouragement to have someone spell out the obvious when you can't think straight.
The practicality of this book is what did it for me. I was very blessed to receive an early copy from NetGalley and the timing was perfect. The biblical foundation of this book was solid and the content was encouraging, agreeable and deep. This book instilled a renewal of hope for myself. I will be recommending this book to many!
How Did I Get Here by Christine Caine is a timely book that is needed for a lot of people who are struggling with many things, including the pandemic that never seems to end. Christine walks the reader through questions to ask yourself to determine where you are in your relationship with Jesus and if you' find you have drifted, she points you back to Jesus and how to regain the closeness you once had. Christine shares lots of personal stories to make her points. The book is easy to read and apply to your own life.

Thank you NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book for my honest opinion.
I first heard about this book on a podcast that Christine was on and it intrigued me. Once I began reading, it was like taking a deep dive into the spill she had given on the podcast, and it was fantastic! I’ve never read anything written by Christine, but this certainly won’t be the last time I read her writing!

Each chapter of the book is about ways we can drift away from God and how we can stop. It’s very practical and well written. I appreciated the honesty she gives in the book about how we do tend to drift and why it’s damaging to our relationship with Christ.

I would recommend this book to any of my friends and I definitely will be coming back to this book for reference. Well done!
I read Christine Caine’s Unashamed a few years back with my small group.  It was eye opening and really helped me with trauma I suffered from abuse.  I knew this one would be helpful as well.  Christine writes from a place of knowing.  I loved how this book was laid out into 9 steps, or signs, that you are drifting.  The ones that spoke to me the most  were:  You Stop Pressing and You Start Coasting and You Stop Hungering and Ypu Start Gorging.  This book made me stop to assess my life and ways I’ve already started to drift.
In the book How Did I Get Here, author and Bible teacher Christine Caine, writes about the drift she experienced in her own life. And the struggles she experienced to get back on track. She writes, “Here’s what I came to understand: we can be doing all the right Christian things, saying all the right Christian words, but, just like the followers in Hebrews, be adrift and drifting still further...”
Caine continues being honest about the struggles of her soul, “If I do not understand something God is doing, it does not suggest a problem with God. It just means I don’t get it. At least, not at the moment. We rarely have the whole picture all at once. It’s like we’re holding a piece of a jigsaw puzzle and God is holding the other 999 pieces that we don’t even know exist yet. We can’t see all that he is doing. But just because we can’t see all these things—just because we can’t trace God—doesn’t mean we shouldn’t trust God and believe that he isn’t working.”
This was a great read! I would highly recommend this book. I received a copy of this e-book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Christine Caine has done it again! Every time I’m in a period of transition and need a source of wisdom, I turn to her books and this one did not disappoint. No matter how far we have wandered - God is so good that He sends a word to draw us near!