Cover Image: Rebel's Karma

Rebel's Karma

This was a great addition to the Dark Protectors world. I really liked seeing more of Benny's story. As a mother, the storyline of Karma and her daughters was unbelievable heart wrenching. I also enjoyed seeing how the rest of the world is responding to the fallout of the Seven.

There might have been a minor inconsistency in the writing when Hope, Pax, and Drake are in the dreamworld? I think there was a pronoun or name incorrectly referenced.
Yay!! This is another of my new faves in the Zanetti universe!! I loved the Dark Protectors, and have a hit-and-miss relationship with the Seven... Karma is firmly one of my top choices for this spinoff series.
I've been waiting for Benny's story since we were introduced to him- he's my brand of catnip. A little crazy, a little dangerous- a wildcard. It was exciting to see the fun and games slip away when he met Karma and finally had something to take seriously.
Karma was a great match for him; I think he really needed someone with an outside-the-box story as well, no stuffy scientists or doctors or academics for him. Karma was a student of life, with experiences that were learned and lived the hard way - she was strong and brave and selfless in her own right. A perfect match.
Looking forward to the next in the series!!!
Benny!! Bennnnnny! I loved you as much as I thought I would. You were crazy, protective, and funny as hell, but still Karma stole the show from you. She’s a woman that is pure quite strength, and it was a refreshing change of pace for a heroine of this series. A nice way to show that all kinds of women can be heroes and save themselves, while still enjoying the discovery of her sexuality with a hot and super sexy warrior. This books is nonstop right from the start, just like all the others in the series. But somehow the author manages to never make anything feel rushed, the storyline always has the perfect flow. And of course we get to spend time with some favourites from past books which is just the icing on the yummy cake that is this book. My only complaint is I would have loved more scenes with the twins girls and Benny, so cute. I know Sam’s book is next, but I desperately need Garrett’s, so I really, really hope he’s next in line after Sam’s.

ARC Provided By NetGalley For An Honest Review
Here we are, 13 books deep into the Dark Protectors Universe and we come to one of the most mysterious supernaturals in the series: Benny. His duty outweighs his happiness, I think that’s why he’s the funnyman of the Seven. He’s a complex character and almost too big a personality for Karma.

Karma has been beaten down for centuries and forced to serve the Kurjans (bad guys) and gets a rude awakening when she’s not under their thumb anymore. I just felt bad for Karma and I felt pity for her when I wished I could have championed her. This made it feel like there was a huge power imbalance between Karma and Benny and it took me out of the story a little bit.

Karma is a complex character also and once she finds the truth in her freedom, she blossoms. Not sure what it was that threw me about her and Benny’s coupling, it didn’t feel natural to me.

I did enjoy the book though despite my issues and I’m looking forward to the next one.
I love this series by Rebecca.
This one with Benny and Karma us no different.
He is so caring and loving toward her knowing she is his mate. He never gives up and keeps her at his side. She in turn needs her twin girl that are being held. Together they are able to create the family they both want.
Great story...loved it!
We are finally getting Benny’s story and it seems we have been waiting a long time. Benny, or Benjamin as he is called by Karma, has always been known as the “crazy” one of the seven. He made me laugh throughout this book with some of his antics. Karma’s expectations of what the Queen would be like was hilarious.

While Benny found his mate in Karma, a Kurjen soti, he still believed that he would be able to let her go and live the life she never had. Their developing relationship was very sweet. There were some twists as expected in regards to Karma. No spoilers here.

We also have the continuing story of Hope, Pax and Drake. We haven’t heard much about them but in this book they have started to meet each other in the dreams again. Their story will be very interesting when it plays out. There’s not much action on the Ulric front, so we will have to wait to see what will happen with that.

Overall, this was a great installment to this series. I received a free copy from Netgalley and all opinions are my own.
Benjamin (Benny) Reese may be a vampire-demon hybrid but he's the joker of The Seven, everyone's pal, until he meets the widow of one the Seven's sworn enemies, The Kurjan. He only touched her once but that activated his mating mark and he will do anything in his power to save her, and the other enhance human women, from the brutal Kurjans.

Karma is faced with a terrible decision. To save her adopted twin daughters she must allow herself to be captured by the Seven, possibly tortured by their vicious Queen, in order to covertly spy on them through an ingenious implant that allows the Kurjan to see what she sees and hear what she hears.

I'll be honest these books, like most PNR, are pretty similar but its the storytelling and the sheer exuberance of the characters that makes them so enjoyable. I also love the over-arching plot involving the three keys and the lock, I can't decide whether I want Hope/Paxton or Hope/Drake for the win.

Overall, if you love the OTT PNR genre and the previous 12 books then I'm sure you'll love this too.

I received a free copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in return for an honest review.
This author never fails to entertain. She keeps you on the edge of your seats. This is a book that once picked up, you won’t want to put it down. This is  Bennies and Karmas story. When rescuing Kara from the evil around her has he bitten off more then he can chew?

I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley. The opinions expressed in this review are completely my own
Benjamin Reese spent three years looking for Karma, the woman he failed to rescue from the Kurjans, the woman who brought out his mating mark.  Allowing himself to be captured by the Kurjans in his quest for Karma, he finally saves her, not realising she has a mission of her own.

There's lots of action and a good deal of heat between the two protagonists. I wasn't  particularly struck by Karma's character. She had been captured two hundred years earlier by the Kurjans, who then apparently kept her in seclusion so she has no idea of how women's lives have changed. Nevertheless, I found her prim coyness irritating and not especially convincing. I liked Benny's character but his internal agonising about whether or not he could keep Karma and his final inner monologues about the possibility of a family I found rather contrived and unconvincing, almost to the point of cringing. It's a shame because I generally love Zanetti's books, especially this series andi appreciate that it must be hard to maintain a freshness in each new story but  this one does exhibit a sense  of staleness as it progresses that I'venot found before..

My biggest criticism, apart from a few typos, concerns presentation. Why do authors have a need to put commas wherever they feel like, whether appropriate or not?  It's immensely irritating and spoiled the reading for me as I frequently found myself berating the appalling grammar. I understand that this may be a publisher- led issue but it shows an appalling lack of concern over presentation. Poor grammar jumps off the page at me so I can't help but notice. I would make a plea to editors and publishers to please improve attention to grammar.  Readers are not idiots and such lack of attention to detail is insulting.

Nevertheless, I did enjoy the book, although not quite as much as previous books in the series. Hoping that the next one is back to Zanetti's usual really high standard
This was a wonderfully wacky fantasy romance. They had every kind of character from immortal to shifters, witches, and enhanced females, to name a few. The fight scenes and the sex scenes were intense. Even though the characters were different, I liked how they became a family, and cared for each other. I was new to this series, and had no problem understanding what was going on. I received an advanced reader's copy from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.
I have voluntarily read and reviewed a copy of this book given to me via NetGalley. I have been waiting for Benny's story.  This book did not disappoint.  Karma is his mate but she has already had one and at first wasn't interested. he pretty much courted her through the book.  Another amazing Dark Protector book. Please keep them coming!
I've wanted to read Benny's story for some time now.  He is one crazy, fun over the top kind of guy who just captured the attention.  His story didn't disappoint. It was unique and unusual just like him.  And so was Karma and what she has been through.  The lies she has been told, the control she has been under have held her captive for centuries.
There are plenty of "visits" by other people from earlier books.  But not to worry it isn't hard to follow if this is your first book.
For me, the only thing that kind of bothered me was the channeling, talking with ghosts that Karma does.  As a Christian that is a no-no but at least it doesn't take over the story.
There is plenty of action, fights, humor and tenderness along with a few sex scenes.  There is a H.E.A. for now for the main characters. I say that because the danger out there is still on the horizon when it comes to Ulric.  And Benny can feel the time getting closer and closer to that final ritual.  So Benny and Karma grab what they can.  Because no one knows the time  of the final battle.  Or even if he or any of The Seven are going to make it out alive.

"I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”
Benny is Finally Here!!

I’ve been waiting for this book for a while now. In previous books Benny was all about fun and games but he is much more serious this time.

“I let them take me. I’ve been searching for you for three years.”

“Why are you here?” “For you. To rescue you because I couldn’t last time.”

Karma has been with the Kurjan for a long time. All she wants to do is take care of the children.

“Keep them safe and love them. You’re a good mother. Someday tell them about me, okay?”

He knows Karma is his mate but she is shy and doesn’t want another mate.

This is a great series and if you haven’t tried it you need to.
I received an advanced reader copy to leave an honest review of this book. I have read many of Rebecca Zanetti's works and am a big fan of her books and her writing style. I would recommend all of her series so far.  This book is part of her paranormal genre and is book 13 in the series.  At book 8 the series takes a bit of a new turn so you could start there to get a lot of the history but I recommend the whole series honestly.

This book follows Benny, a member of the seven, and Karma a Kurjan Soti (or widow). The two first meet on a raid the seven make to save some enhanced females and this book picks up 3 years later when Benny tries to rescue Karma.  The Kurjans (basically the bad guys) know Benny is coming so they use Karma to try to infiltrate the seven (a secret fighting force).  Eventually they figure out she is "bugged" and use it to feed bad intel.  All the while, Benny is trying to teach Karma that the Kurjans are liars and that she has worth.  But also that he is a bad bet since he will most likely have to sacrifice himself in the final ritual.

So I would definitely recommend reading some of the other series first before reading this book. I would recommend all the books (I own most of them if that is any recommendation). You could read this as a standalone but you will be missing a lot of the history.

Overall definitely recommend.  It is a fast paced book and you will really enjoy the characters as you get to know them.
This is a wonderful paranormal series.  I love how characters from other books are brought back in so seamlessly.  This book is full of emotion and humor and there are a lot of graphic love scenes
I received and Advanced Release Copy from NetGalley for my honest review.

This is the 13th book in the Dark Protector Series which is one of my favorite series of all time. I was itching to read all about Benny and who would end up as his mate. Karma seemed so different from all the other mates at first but I quickly discovered the reason why she wanted to get back to the Kurjans. Karma was a strong,smart woman whi gave Benny a run for his money. I love how Benny didn't think he could have a future with Karma because of his duty but love always win, or in this case Fate. There were funny moments,sexy moments and enough moments where we could see some of the characters from previous books.

Rebecca Zanetti has a the gift to keep us engaged, entertained and wanting more from the first word to the last one. You will want to read this book.
To Whom This May Concern:

I would first like to say that this is the thirteenth book of a series where it seems all the couples’s plot are interconnected. This book is in the Dark Protector series by Rebecca Zanetti. Also, this is my first time reading a product of hers. I have not read any of the other books in this series and was still able to comprehend the majority of the plot line without prior knowledge from the other books.

The couple in this book is Benjamin Reese and Karma. This couple’s dynamic throughout the book can almost be described as courtship. Benjamin is teaching, while Karma is learning due to her situation. Their love towards each other is charming with some sass from the female character here and there. The development of the romance between the characters was not immediate and refreshing that Karma didn’t just love Benjamin.

In this book, Karma was sent to spy on a group of people. However, it turns out that she was essentially blackmailed into doing so. Benjamin being the hero rescues her from the situation that she is in. The plot is more than that, but that is the core breakdown of the plot. There were holes in the plot, but I’m unsure on if it’s because I started this series at the thirteenth book or it was not covered. As intricate as the story is, it is an easy read and have been thought out to keep the reader intrigued. It was page turning from the beginning and continued towards the end. This book is written from multiple point of views, which includes characters from outside the couple.

The “romance” scene wasn’t very steamy. I will never judge on the amount of romance scenes in a book, but more the quality of the scenes themselves. The intimacy was not terribly written, but not toe curling I-can’t-believe-I-read-that steamy. There was approximately 3 scenes with each scene being similar to each other.

The ending of the book was well written and did not feel rushed. The author gave herself room to build another story for the next book.

With that being said, I give the second book in this series a 5 out of 5.

With thanks.

Disclaimer: I did get this book for free through NetGalley. However, I did not get paid for a skewed review. This is an honest review with no intentions to sway readers to persuade sales.
Rebecca Zanetti has another electrifying read in "Rebel's Karma." This series is one I cannot put down, I need to know the mystery of the Seven, if they all find their mates and what the fate of the world is with Ulric as a threat. Benny and Karma really were a unique and somehow perfect pairing, with their differing personalities, yet common bond of love and loyalty. In this book, the action is nonstop, the sensual scenes are oh so steamy and the anticipation of what is to come is cranked even higher as multiple story lines of main characters are woven in throughout the story. I already cannot wait for the next book and always know when I pick up one of Ms. Zanetti's tales. I'm in for a wild, exhilarating ride.
So I had no idea this was part of a series. It just sounded interesting so I wanted to read it. And even though I did get confused from the start with all the characters and types of monsters, it was easy to pick up on within a few chapters.
I absolutely love Reese. He is funny and very charming. I think the Queen is my favorite character though. She has that down to earth personality and truly cares for people. Poor Pandora has her world turned upside down and is trying to figure out where she goes.
This book was not a bad book by any means, however I did find it fairly hard to stay interested in it. Going into this book, I was aware that this was book 13 in the series, however I was slightly unprepared for how much background plot and how many characters would be included (although these are companion novels, there is a lot of information and plot from the previous 12 books). I enjoyed seeing the romance blooming between Karma and Benny and I loved the supernatural elements in the book, even though I thought we definitely could have seen more of Benny’s vampire- demon characteristics. Overall, I’d say the romance was great for anyone who loves a mate-based supernatural romance but would definitely warn anyone going into this book as a stand-alone that there are a lot of plot points and characters that you may not fully appreciate and understand.