Cover Image: The Butler

The Butler

Drama and secrets.  Ms. Steele wrote another fine novel. I love the two main characters and enjoyed knowing their backstories.
Many thanks to Random House Publishing and to NetGalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion.
This is different from most Steel books, with a male protagonist, the butler. Joachim is a man with a fascinating backstory that has made him very sensitive and empathetic
The Butler is a heartbreakingly beautiful story that had me completely captivated with each page I turned. I loved getting to know Liese and her twin sons Joachim and Javier and the life they lead throughout several countries. I especially loved that this author had the main characters Joachim and Olivia come from different complicated worlds but find each other just when they needed someone. Javier was the bad twin and lead a totally different life from his brother Joachim. There was some repetitive information but overall this was a great read and I look forward to reading more Danielle Steel books in the future.
The Butler was an interesting concept and DS found a way to make it unique. The story of Joachim and Olivia two people whom have suffered hardships come together and find love. There is a little twist here and there perhaps predictable but nevertheless if you are a fan of Ms Steel The Butler will hit all the notes you’ve come to find in her works. Thank you #NetGalley for the ARC all opinions are my own. #TheButler
I love all of Danielle Steel's books, but this one was great! It had the perfect amount of drama,  thrill,  & romance!  This is a prime example of the old saying "momma knows best". I cannot wait to read her next book!
Another great story from Danielle Steel
The Butler is such a good story about a family and how things can really fall apart.
The mother has gone through hell but survives to take care of her sons.  She  goes through more with one. And is proud of he other.
Great book fast paced
Highly recommend
The Butler is another great read by Danielle Steel. I fell in love with Joachim and Olivia. Highly recommend! I just reviewed The Butler by Danielle Steel. #TheButler #NetGalley
I've read most of Danielle Steel's books over the year, and yet this again was a great book.  There is deceitfulness, lies, love, and loss.  I enjoyed this book and would recommend it.
Ever had that feeling where you just read a book and felt like absolutely nothing happened? That was my experience with this book. Normally with Danielle Steel books it seems like a million crazy things happen just in the first chapter. This one just seemed to slowly drag along where you kept waiting for something exciting to happen but then if didn’t. So many missed opportunities here. Despite my feelings, thank you to publisher for granting my wish for an ARC in exchange for honest review.
Enjoyable. Enlightening. Energetic. Past mixes with present. A whirlwind of relationships. This read is a new idea with crafty turns. Steel weaves a remarkable web of characters and events. A definite page turner. An unstoppable pace. Quick beginning that grabs the reader. Shocking scenes near the end. Tender. Romantic. Unending entertainment. Steel is truly a mistress of master plotting with tangible dialogue and tender outcomes. One of America's leading ladies of literal talent. Be Love her books. Particularly The Butler.
The Butler is a lovely tale of two people from vastly different backgrounds finding a way to make a connection with each other.  Ms Steele’s obvious love of Paris seeps into every page.  Recommended.
Joachim has been raised in Argentina and moves to Paris in his late teens. His identical twin stays behind working for criminals. Joachim decides to become a. Butler until he figures out what he wants to do with his life.  He works in grand homes for some of England’s richest families. When those opportunities end, he takes a short term job for Olivia as her personal assistant.  A few weeks become months and then years. Joachim and Olivia form a friendship.  Steel has done a fine job of describing the lifestyles of the rich in Europe. The character development was solid but the plot was a bit lacking.
This was an interesting story, I really liked Joachim and his family, but they had a lot of heartbreak, but it was still fascinating to read about their lives and his road to becoming a butler. Olivia’s entrance to the plot was a little abrupt for me but I did like their relationship and how it grew.
I can always depend on a Danielle Steel book to keep me up reading way past my bedtime!  This book starts off a little slow as the story gets set up, but if you stick with it,  you will not be disappointed.
Another good Danielle Steel book.  I enjoyed the references to some of the history regarding the Germans and the things they did during the war, the daughter trying to make amends for her German father’s atrocities he made during the war, and the references regarding the drug problems with the next generation going on now.  The differences in twins even though they were raised the same and how they could and did grow up so different.  The butler profession was a good position at one time but was now a dying breed with the changes in society.  Enjoyed this book and would recommend it to others.
Danielle Steele's books have been feeling a bit repetitive as of late, but I loved the new direction she takes this book in.  While parts of the book tend to repeat themselves, the story is far from your typically love story normally seen here.
The Butler was a quick read - the plot moved along, and readers get to know the characters, and even escape into their lives as so few of us are able to drop everything to jet off to France for a month or get hired to decorate a mansion with an unlimited budget. Unfortunately I didn't get invested in the first chunk of the novel where Danielle Steel is setting up the history of the families of Joachim and Olivia, but the rest of the book was wonderful and something I'd enjoy rereading. Thanks to #NetGalley for the opportunity to preview #TheButler by Danielle Steel.
First of all I have to say that I have been a fan of Danielle Steel for many years. I am always amazed at the new storylines in her books. Twist and turns have kept me up for many a night reading when I should have gone to sleep.. Love the male main character in this book. He has quite a life story to tell, one that has made him into the amazing man that he is. Thanks for many hours of interesting reading, can't wait until the next!
Danielle Steel books will always take you on an adventure and this book was no letdown! With a male protagonist, this book was filled with family drama, work drama, love drama, and all kinds of drama. It keeps the reader flipping pages and wanting more.
I received this book from netgalley it came out on Tuesday. .I loved this book I can't wait to read more of her books.