Cover Image: Intermittent Fasting Action Plan

Intermittent Fasting Action Plan

Date reviewed/posted: April 24, 2021
Publication date: June 1, 2021

When life for the entire galaxy and planet has turned on its end, you are continuing to #maskup and #lockdown to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation as the #thirdwave ( #fourthwave #fifthwave?) is upon us, superspeed readers like me can read 300+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book โ€ฆ and many more today.

From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do ๐Ÿ˜ธ.

Tired of restrictive diets telling you what and how much to eat? Not seeing results no matter how much you work out? Intermittent fasting is the way to go, and there's no better guide than this one.

Research has uncovered the benefits of intermittent fasting, which is defined by limiting the times in which you eat your foods. Not only is it effective for weight loss, but intermittent fasting has been known to ameliorate diabetes, high cholesterol, inflammation, and more, all the while improving your body composition. But all this research is focused on why intermittent fasting is good for usโ€”not how we should go about it.

The Intermittent Fasting Action Plan is the perfect guide for beginners. From planning to execution to meal preparation and consumption, intermittent fasting is definitely a plan-driven undertaking, but it can be so worth it if you do it right. Lee Holmes combines knowledge, techniques, and recipe guides in her two-part book that explains why and how you should start intermittently fasting.

The recipe guides section includes unique recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner; calorie counts; and a breakdown of ideal diets based on gender. Here are some examples from the multitude of meals this guide provides:

**Choc Tahini Smoothie
**Strawberry and Yogurt Muffins
**Baked Apple Pancake
**Simple Saag Chicken Curry
**Sweet Sicilian Caponata
**Goji Berry and Tomato Soup
**Moroccan Quinoa Chicken
**Salmon and Coriander Fishcakes

Holmes' Intermittent Fasting Action Plan can spur you to take the easiest decision regarding your health, and offer you all the help you need to get started!

There are a lot of books out there right now about intermittent fasting but this one is unique in that it includes gender. and a lack of gluten. (If you are celiac, fine ... but otherwise, gluten is not going to kill you!  I freaking love gluten....) The idea of fasting is explained in full and in plain, simple language - and the recipes are well written and understandable by cooks of all levels and the photos make the food very appealing to myself and most other lovers of food out there. (Goji berries and tomatoes? ick....)

What I especially love about the book is that it uses mostly whole ingredients instead of pre-prepared and packaged foods. I do draw the line at making my own cheese beyond a quickly-made mozzarella, and canning tomatoes but the more "ingredients" you use the better.  My one nephew says that I never have any food in my house, only ingredients --- that is why I cook so much. I also refuse to eat or cook with Frankenfoods such as "chick'n" and its 88 ingredients vs. ๐Ÿ”chicken๐Ÿ” having one and cheese that does not come from an animal is udder nonsense!)

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I simply adore emojis (outside of their incessant use by "๐Ÿ™-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube  Millionaires/snowflakes / literally-like-overusers etc. " on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…