Cover Image: What hurts the most

What hurts the most

A bit more violent than I like. The plot moves logically but the different time lines get confusing once in awhile. The conclusion is satisfying if a bit out of left field
Thank you netgalley and the publisher for this arc
I thought I had read all the Willow Rose books and then she surprises me with this.  I just read this in one setting it was so intense.  Now I have to investigate more as the ending was left in such a way that it can go either way.

I will say for this author she never disappoints.

I was given a free copy by the publishers and netgalley but the review is entirely my own.
This is the start of a new series by Willow Rose and wow what a start, i really enjoyed this book it had great characters and a fab story line full of twists and turns that keep you enthralled to the end.  I read this in 2 sittings and can’t wait for the next book.  This was the first book i’ve read by this author and will definitely checking out her other books, while waiting for the second instalment.
Thank you NetGalley for the copy in return for an honest review.
I almost gave up on this book due to all the jumping back and forth in time and the introduction of so many characters. It was often confusing and hard to keep up with. Mary Mills loses her job, hears from her estranged father that her brother has been arrested for murder, packs up her son and heads back to Cocoa Beach, Florida. Mary vows to prove her brother innocent and enlists the help of several former friends, along with her ex. A story of revenge, family dynamics, second chances, healing, loss, and forgiveness. There are numerous crimes and villains, a lot of twists and turns, and a surprise ending.

I was given an advance copy by NetGalley. This review is my honest opinion.
There is a lot of different people, with each their own storyline - I'll be honest, I was confused at first.

But as I kept reading, a complex and disturbing plot unfolded before me.

This is one of those books that leaves you speechless... I don't really know how to explain it, except to say OMG, what a plot twist (which happened more than once!)

If you are into mysteries at all, you really should pick this one up!
Review featured at www.books-n-kisses.com

This came back up on NetGalley and I thought it might be a good chance to be introduced to a new author but I am just not sure. The story was interesting but there were soooooo many inaccuracies that it drove me a bit crazy. The whole Army/Air Force thing was so inaccurate that I found myself getting mad at the author.

I also had a hard time with the description of the murders. There was so much gore that honestly was not necessary. I was pleasantly surprised that I was not sure of the ending which is why I gave it three stars.

I requested another couple of books from NetGalley by this author so I will give them a try but I am not thinking I found my next fav author.

Disclaimer:
I received a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
1st book in the 7th Street Crew series.  Willow Rose adds another series to her prolific back library where the titles cover all genres and themes.  A Willow Rose fan knwos that her books are not the run of the mill usual mystery solving books.  Happily ever after is just a suggestion, not a rule.  Her characters live in a world where anything can, and has, happened.

When her brother's arrest for murder provides Mary Mills' the perfect excuse to return to her hometown and move in with her father....and her sterotypical stepmother....she will find herself back in the familiar circle of friends, family, and ex-husband that she had thought in her past.  Seems Mary wrote one too many stories for publication where the facts could not be verified.  She finds herself without a job and needing a soft place for she and her son to land.  if you've read any of Willow Rose's back library, you know that Mary's soft landing will not be soft.  As Mary and her circle of friends work to prove her brother innocent, the story takes a few sudden twists and your guess to the real killer will change often.  Another great series start for Rose and her readers.
I discovered Willow Rose on NetGalley and cannot wait to read every single on of her novels. "What Hurts the Most" is a light easy read but full of suspense. I loved this novel so much, and highly recommend you find her novels and sit down for a long read!
The first in a new series from Willow Rose. Mary Mills is a reporter in New York and gets fired from her job, just as she is wondering how she is going to support herself and her son, Salter, she gets a call  to say her brother had been arrested for murder. So she decides to return to her hometown of Cocoa Beach to help him and once there she reconnects with old friends including her ex husband. Great characters and storylines that all make this an exciting read I can’t wait for the next one!
This book pulled me in and did not let me go!!!! So good. Thanks to NetGalley, the author and the publisher for the arc of this book in return for my  honest review. Receiving this book in this manner had no bearing on my review.
This is the first in a series of Mary Mills. She goes home to Cocoa Beach,  Florida to get her brother released from jail. She has friends that she meets back up with that she has not seen in years included her ex.
This is a very action packed thriller that has twists that are so good.
Definitely check out this author!
Another gripping and highly entertaining story by this author.
I had a lot of fun, the solid mystery kept me hooked and guessing.
Good plot full of twists and turns, interesting characters.
Highly recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine
What Hurts the Most by Willow Rose is one heck of a thrill ride, from start to finish. Life is going downhill fast for journalist Mary Mills. Then her father calls, letting her know that her younger brother was arrested for a gruesome murder. Mary immediately flies back to her hometown of Cocoa Beach, Florida. She left twenty years ago and hasn't been back since. Working with her oldest, lifelong friends, she manages to track down the most disturbing killer her town has ever seen. Determined to solve the murder and to have her brother freed, Mary's forced to face demons that she thought were dead and buried. A surprise twist changes everything for her and her loved ones. This was such a great read, I literally couldn't put it down. Willow Rose is easily becoming one of my favorite suspense writers.
Mary Mills returns to Cocoa Beach with her son to help her brother who is accused of a murder. She has been gone for twenty years but her friends all are there to help her solve the mystery so her brother can be released from prison. Many heart wrenching things have happened to them but they are there for each other as if they had never parted. There are women who were from the same group in high school being killed also and she tries to find out who is responsible. After looking back at some of the things that happened to those in the story you will find a surprise in the ending.
I’ve read books by the author before. This is a new series and this book is brilliant, so much so I have just bought the next 3. Brilliant characters and a great style of writing where lots of lives are discussed and brought together in a cover way. The main character Mary is endearing and I love the setting of Florida where the book is based. Gripping, twisty and easy to read.
Mary Mills is a famous journalist who is fired by her newspaper in New York due to writing a story that didn't fit their narrative.  Meanwhile, her father asks her to come back to her hometown of Cocoa Beach, FL to help her younger brother who is in trouble with the law.  She returns and teams up with her old crowd to try to figure out what is going on.  One of her old crowd is her ex-husband who just loves surfing and didn't like NY.  He is the father or her young son.

I'll just stop right here and say that I chose 4 of Willow Rose's books to review, never having heard of this author before, but always a fan of a good law enforcement story. Wow! I was hooked immediately. I then discovered that Ms. Rose is a prolific writer and proceeded to order all her books from 3 of her series so I could read the WHOLE story. I had a reading marathon. I am hooked and can't wait to read more. Highly recommend anything by this author!

I have voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book that I received from NetGalley. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.
Thank you Netgalley for the copy in exchange for a honest review. The first of the Mary Mills Mysteries this book has several plots that all link together. Mary has just been fired from her reporter job when her Dad rings to say her brother has been arrested for murder. Mary flies home with her son Salter to clear her brothers name. Then some of Mary's old school friends are murdered. Is there a serial killer on the loose. A great thriller with several twists.
Enjoyable thriller with plenty of twists and turns. I am a huge fan of Willow Rose and always look forward to reading her books!
How is this the first time I've heard about this author?!?

What Hurts the Most is a perfectly fun, quick, beach read! The storyline is dark and devious. and will have you sucked right in.

Mary Mills returns to her home town in Cocoa Beach, when he brother is accused of murder. She was recently fired from her job at the NY Times. She's still trying to come to terms with her divorce and raising her son in NY, while her ex husband is living in FL. The return trip home resurrects a lot of issues from the past. I love, love, loved the 7th Street Gang and all of their interactions. Very fun characters!
There are also a few storylines concurrently occurring.  These all end up wrapped in a nice bow at the end, but this is only book 1 of the series....I'm looking forward to devouring the remaining two books!

A special thank you to NetGalley, Buoy Media, and Willow Rose for providing me with an copy.
I at first I was annoyed with how the author introduced us to so many different storylines. But in the end, they all tied together perfectly and suddenly everything made sense. I didn’t expect the ending at all.

That said, it was still slightly underwhelming. I will not continue the series, but I’m sure many love it.