Cover Image: Katie the Catsitter Book 2: Best Friends for Never

Katie the Catsitter Book 2: Best Friends for Never

Summer is coming to an end. Katie loves skateboarding with her new friend Marie, but they will be going to different schools. Katie’s best friend Beth is back from camp, and she has a new boyfriend, so that’s not so great either. Even being a superhero sidekick to Mousetress isn’t has fun as she hoped… so many e-mails!

Someone is pretending to be Mousetress and vandalizing the city. But the real Mousetress won’t even leave her apartment. Katie wants more than anything to put on a pair of suction cup boots and solve the mystery.

This was a great mix of superhero shenanigans and real life drama. The friendship problems were very realistic and relatable, and I love how everyone banded together for the good of the city. The 217 cats are obviously still my favorite part.
Katie is back and is now a sidekick to the amazing superhero, the Mousetress. But someone is framing the Mousetress , and the Moustress seems to have given up. To make matter’s worse Katie’s best friend, Beth is back and seems to have totally changed due to her stupid boyfriend. Has Katie changed or are all of her friends mad at her? It’s up to Katie to help the Mousetress with the aid of her 217 cats. Can Katy save the day and iron out her life? Who is framing Mousetress? Readers will love this sequel to the first Katie the Catsitter book. Fans of superheroes, cats, or graphic novels will love this fun escapade complete with bright, vivid pictures that engage the imagination. Fun new characters and twists will keep even the most reluctant readers.
Katie is back for another catastic adventure and this time the mystery huts too close to home.
As a follow up novel thus adventure was as fun as the first one. The world of Katie is fleshed out more and we get to meet more fun characters who bring this world to life. Highly recommend and looking forward to more adventures with Katie.
This is a fantastic addition to the series!  There were a lot of plot twists and lots of action in this title.  I love that the biggest questions were answered and the door was left open for more titles in this series.  My biggest question is what will Katie's sidekick name be!
This was a really cute graphic novel! I enjoyed how they dealt with the Mousetress' trauma from being captured in the first book in this book. I also liked the fact that they showed that it's ok for friendships to change and grow over time as you grow up and meet new people. Overall, a really cute graphic novel and I can't wait for the next one!
Such a fun graphic novel series. Nice unexpected twists and turns and great middle school adventure. I love the friendship drama and including moms in the super hero fun. Can’t wait for more installments.
Katie is excited to start her training as a superhero sidekick to her neighbor, Madeline, aka The Mousetress, and her hoard of talented cats, but to her frustration, Madeline seems reluctant to teach her anything. Meanwhile, she struggles to reconnect with her best friend, Beth, after they spent the summer apart.

Readers who loved Katie the Catsitter will not be disappointed by the sequel. Katie is a sympathetic character whose palpable frustration and loneliness will resonate with anyone whose dreams have hit the wall of reality. Her earnest desire to help her friends and her open, honest relationship with her mother prevent her from tipping into whininess. The story clips along at an even pace, and the more mundane events, such as Katie's t-shirt misunderstanding, never feel outlandish or overdramatic. Madeline's cats' various talents remain, as always, amusing. Yue's expressive artwork and Lamb's bright colors paint Katie's world as cheerful and hopeful as she conquers the ups and downs of growing up. I will put this title on our next middle grade graphic novel list and hand it to cat-loving fans who are looking for a different kind of hero.
This is slowly becoming one of my favorite graphic novels for middle schoolers. There's action, friendship, bravery, real feelings! All you could ask for an more. In a struggle to understand what happened to her friendship over the summer Katie tries to convince the Mousetress to go out and do some heists (I mean, protests). Unfortunately, no one seems to be interested to be hanging out with Katie, and she can't figure out what is wrong with everyone. Filled with humor and lots and lots of cats, Katie figures out how to work together with those around her and maybe becomes a hero in the end. Great positive graphic novel for pre-teens.
Katie and friends are back for the second installment of the series.  In this book, Katie is getting used to being a sidekick, even though it is not quite like she had imagined.  She desperately wants to help as Mousetress is being blamed for things that Katie knows she did not do.  Katie is also struggling with her relationship with her friend, Beth.  It will take them coming together to help sort the wrongs that have been happening.  This is a great book of being creative, finding strength, and overcoming obstacles.

Thank you to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for an arc in exchange for an honest review.
Katie the Catsitter is the middle grade hero my students deserve! I love the way her real-life friendship drama and her superhero drama balanced each other out. I think the message of these books, especially this one is great as well. It tells readers that anyone can be a superhero, regardless gender, skin color, age, ability or body type. Its awesome. Also, these books are funny! I got a kick out of so many parts of this. Although I got bored towards the middle of the story, the ending was awesome and made up for it. Lastly, I love the depictions of imposter syndrome. Madeline/Mousestress is so interesting and I would read a whole book about her. Overall, I can't wait to recommend this to students.
This is Book 2 in the adventures of Katie the Catsitter.  Katie's world includes skateboarding with her friends and trying to be the sidekick to Mousetress, a superhero.  Returning to school Katie's one friend is attending another school and her other friend now has a boyfriend.  It is super confusing as to where she fits in.  And Moustress is getting blamed for bad things so now everyone thinks that she has gone evil when Katie knows it isn't true.  But how can she get her to stand up for herself.  The storylines are fun and fit the intended age group.  This graphic novel is beautifully illustrated.  I think it does help to read the first book in the series, but it isn't a must.  The main characters are all female but I like that in my school library, readers will easily cross gender lines when reading graphic novels.  Recommend for 4th grade up through middle school.  Thank you to NetGalley and Random House Children's for a temporary eARC in exchange for an honest review.
I loved Katie in the first book and I loved this one as well. The characters are so fun and bright. I love all of the cats and that we get to meet new ones with each new volume. The plot of this one also delt with some more grown up issues which I also really enjoyed. This is a series that is perfect for kids and adults. I recommended the first book to multiple people and they loved it and I know the end one is going to be just as great!
Strained friendships. A hero having confidence issues. Cats that do amazing things!

This is a cute installment in the Catsitter series! Can't wait for more!

Thank you Netgalley for an e-arc of this cute graphic novel.
I received a free digital ARC from Random House Books for Young Readers via NetGalley. Katie is back and now she is the sidekick for the Mousetress, but the job is not as fun as she wants it to be – sending e-mails is boring. The Mousetress is now considered a Villain because someone is up to no good. Katie wants to help her superhero friend – meanwhile she is navigating the very real and awkward friend situations that come with middle school and your best friends now having a boyfriend.

I enjoyed this second volume more than the first. I liked Katie’s real world problems with friends, yet the superhero elements and all the CATS are well done. The hype and the fascination with the hero’s getting credit for their “good deeds” was depicted well. I like that the Mousetress only cares about good deeds, but that she also has anxiety over issues from her past. Overall, well written and brightly illustrated. Great for 4-7 grades.
A follow up to the first Katie Catsitter book, this resumes the adventures in a New York City full of superheroes. There are the great puns and cats. I love the color and fun art. The tween drama of new and old friends and boyfriends mix well with the superhero stuff.
This is a great fun follow up to the first Katie the Catsitter book.  Katie is still working with the Moustress, hoping that people will finally recognize her as a hero.  Now that the summer is over, Katie is back to school with her friends, and things are a little awkward between them.  When the Moustress is blamed for committing crimes around town, Katie is determined to clear her name.  With the help of the Moustress' cats and her friends, she hopes to set things right.

This book was so much fun.  I love the art style, the adventure, and all of the cats.  Each frame was so colorful and fun.  I loved the messages of friendship and working together.  I look forward to any further volumes.
This second installment of Katie the Catsitter was so great! If you didn't read the first book I think it's beneficial to do that so you understand the background; plus, it's a great book. We get another look at Katie's personal life with her friends, which are a bit rocky. Katie is also training to be the Moustress' sidekick. There's lots of adventure, sleuthing, and fun. The art is great as is the story. A fun superhero adventure!
This graphic novel was such a surprise!!! I wasn't expecting it to be about superheroes, with superhero CATS! Such great fun, and the underlying story of trying to heal friendships is also very good.
This was another great book in this series. The cats are just as fun as every, the superheroes, just as zany. I really liked how this book dealt with issues of changing friendships and overcoming fear. The humor was very creative. I'd recommend this to superhero and cat lovers everywhere.
Summer is ending and Katie is getting ready to go back to school, but she is most excited about training to become the Mousetress's sidekick. Unfortunately, Madeline doesn't seem very interested in training Katie to do anything other than write emails, protest, and bake. Katie also manages to make both of her best friends mad at her at the same time. Katie has to fix things with her friends and also prove to the world that the Mousetress isn't a villain, but both of things are easier said than done. What's a catsitter to do? New heroes are revealed along with secret identities.