Cover Image: Three Sisters

Three Sisters

Please see my review on GoodReads. I really loved this story! Thanks for the opportunity to enjoy it!
If you've read the other books in this Heather Morris trilogy, Three Sisters is the perfect capstone. For any historical fiction lover and based on true events, this one is sure to inspire!
Special thanks to Macmillan Audio for the opportunity to listen to an early release of Three Sisters. I am of big fan of Heather Morris, and while this wasn't as 5-star, edge-of-my-seat riveting as Cilka's Journey or The Violinist of Auswich, it was still worthy of 4 stars. If you're a fan of historical fiction, this is a great read.
Heather Morris writes great historical fiction - lots of action, believable characters and scenarios that pull the reader in. Will definitely read more of her books.
Three Sisters is considered the third book in a series but it can be read totally alone.  The story is about three sisters and their life during World War II.  I personally am so glad these stories are being written, as I do t want people to forget what people have endured.  If we forget history, we will be doomed to repeat it.  What horrors these three sisters endured and survived is horrendous and amazing that they are alive.
The historical fiction, Three Sisters is a follow-up novel by best-selling author Heather Morris. I finished reading The Tattooist of Auschwitz a few months ago, and was excited to see where Morris would take us in this new novel. Based on a true story, the journey, the courage, the will to survive-- are paramount. Livia, Magda, and Cibi are so beautifully real. We will never have enough stories, such as this, to pay tribute, memorialize, remind and remember0 a horrific time in world history. These stories must never be lost.

I received a copy from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
This is the third book in the Tattooist of Auschwitz Series but can be read as a stand-alone. In Three Sisters, Morris shares the story of Cibi, Magda and Livia. When they were young, the sisters promised their father that they would always stay together. As families were being torn apart during WWII, their father is gone and they live with their mother and grandfather. In 1942, Livia (15 years old) is ordered to Auschwitz, and her sister Cibi who is now 19 years old decides to go with her to Livia. 17 year old Magda is in the hospital and escapes this deportation. She hides as often as she can, but eventually Magda is also captured and condemned to Auschwitz. Against all odds, they reunite again in the death camp and promise each other to do whatever they can to stay alive. They remind each other constantly about the promise to their father. This story follows the sister's struggle to survive while living through the horrors of this terrible death camp. And they survive and eventually make their way to Israel to begin a new life.

Three Sisters by Heather Morris is a beautifully written heartbreaking story based on true events which was difficult to read at times. These sisters had such strength to live, survive and save each other, they were definitely inspiring. The story also has events that overlap with those of Lale, Gita, and Cilka, from the previous two books in the series. The descriptions, the recounting of events and the horrors of the death camps made this an emotional read. It was amazing to hear that Heather Morris talked to Livia and Cibi and find out about their experiences in the concentration camps first hand. Even though they survived, life was a struggle. It was not easy to move from Slovakia to Israel and they had guilt for surviving and for things they had to do in order to survive. I developed an affinity for the sisters and could feel their desperation, despair, yet above all else, love and will to survive. The author's notes added even more information to the story. Morris shares with us what happened to each family member after the war ended. She also includes after words from Livia, and other family members. They supported Heather Morris in telling their story even though it was such an emotional rollercoaster reliving the evil period that they endured. I listened to the audiobook, narrated by Finty Williams and she did a fantastic job and kept me captivated the entire time. The narration was over 13 hours, but it didn't feel like it at all, as I was so interested in this story. I definitely recommend it to those who enjoy Historical Fiction, especially stories of survival during WWII.
As a novel, this doesn't really break any new ground if you have already read Holocaust accounts. However, knowing how closely it is based on real-life experiences, it is amazing.

Review copy provided by publisher.
I have read many books about the Holocaust. So, as I read this one, I ask, what makes this story different? Three Sisters, by Heather Morris, I think answers that. Their father was ill decades before, but asks that each sister pledge to stay together. So, Cibi, Magda, and Livi are trying to do this.

When the Holocaust comes to Slovakia,  is it possible to save your beloved siblings? Probably, not. Magda was sick, but left behind in a hospital because this would keep her safe. Livi must leave. Cibi is the oldest, and with incredible bravery decides to come home and go with Livi to go on the train which will lead to Auschwitz.

So, can Love and Care promise survival?  Cibi most certainly does everything possible to give this to her sister, Livi. She tries to offer this to sooth Livi, but at night dreams of terror. Nothing in these circumstances will be easy, but living is essential.

The story describes all of this. You need to be ready to read a heartbreaking story and also one with beautiful characters who care deeply. We actually can try and save family. It does matter, because each of us when living with terror, needs hope and love, certainly. If close friends and family are present, you probably will do mush better.

This story touched my heart and proved strength again and again. I wish a deep story like this is enough to stop atrocities. Is that so? Has the world understood and changed this horror?  We need to do more. Children and their families never deserve this. As people knowing what is occurring, perhaps ask if we needed to act faster, better, and with more care.

I am writing this as an American, and think and may know different facts then other countries. You read a story, and think to save people, but I do not think life works out so simply. Yet, this is a book about being in a concentration camp where one has virtually no say or power. To survive in any way was the true tribute. As democracies around the world, we can make this happen. Never give up hope, never give in to your worst fear, be brave and do what you think you can’t do, but most likely can.

Listening to this in Audio was a more profound experience. I liked the narrator and listening made the atrocities seem more real and the family sequences more endearing. I liked listening to the Audio 🎧. Thank you.

Thank you NetGalley, Heather Morris, and Macmillian Audio for providing a copy of this book. Heather Morris is a talented writer and I have read all her books. I appreciate this.
In this final book in the Tattoist of Auschwitz series, Heather Morris once again has written a masterpiece!  As much as one can love reading about this horrific time period, I absolutely did. Morris brings the atrocities of life in Auschwitz to the page, and yet each story in the series is filled with so much hope and love.

Lale, from the first book, makes a brief appearance in this one. I had to go back and re-listen to make sure I heard it correctly.

I teared up in the epilogue and then was in shock when reading the author’s note and afterwards (yes plural!) written by the members of the Three Sisters’ families. The way this story came to be is incredible!

Thank you to St Martins Press and NetGalley for a digital ARC and MacMillan Audio for an ALC in exchange for my honest review.
This book will stay with me a long time.  Heather Morris does a beautiful job of telling the true stories of Livia, Magda and Cibi.  The three Slovakian sisters promised to their grandfather to always stay together got them through the horrors of years spent in imprisonment, death marches, starvation and all of the horrors of being in the death camp of Nazi Germany at Auschwitz.  Their stories will tear at your heart and fill you up with love.  I listened to the audiobook and the narration by Finty Williams was excellent.  Listening to the family comments at the end brought the story full circle.  I highly recommend reading or listening to this book.

Thank you @NetGalley, @MacmillanAudio, @HeatherMorris and @FintyWilliams for the advance audiobook version of this book for my honest review.
Thank you to NetGalley and Macmillan audio for my copy of Three Sisters by Heather Morris narrated by Finty Williams in exchange for an honest review. It published October 5, 2021.
Wow! what a stand out book among so many books about WWII and life afterwards. I have never read a WWII book quite like this one. I really got to know these sisters. I really appreciated the fact that it was based on real-life people, I find that real-life is so much more interesting than fiction. I felt like Morris was very respectful of these sisters and their stories, and what a treasure for the world to have their perspectives.
I also found the after story to be very important and valuable, I am very glad that Morris included it in the book.
One final note, the narration was read excellently!
A tale of three sisters and their struggles to survive multiple camps during the Holocaust. Inspired by real sisters, this story tells of their tale of trying to stay together. Similar to many books of this genre, it goes into detail about the hardships and horrors endured by Jews during this time.
If you like The Tattooist of Auschwitz, you will enjoy Heather Morris' third book in the series.
Three Sisters is an excellent new addition to the genre of true stories about WWII concentration camp survivors.

This time around, Heather Morris masterfully weaves the true story of three sisters from Slovakia into a heart wrenching book. When the girls were little, their father made them promise to always look out for each out. Little did he know that this would mean facing the unthinkable hardships of surviving in Auschwitz.  This is an unbelievable story of survival, strength, and the bonds of sisterhood. It covers not just the time in the concentration camp, but the rebuilding of new lives after.
For anyone was moved by The Tattooist of Auschwitz and Cilka's Journey, this is a must read.

Thank you for #NetGalley, Heather Morris, and St. Martin's Press for an ARC in exchange for an honest review!
If you enjoy epic WWII historical fiction based on the lives of real people this book is for you! Another hit by Heather Morris, this story follows one family of Slovakian Jewish sisters as they are each rounded up and sent to concentration camps in Poland. Promising to stick together the story is about their journey to survive the camps against all odds and what happens after the war is over when they immigrate to Israel and work to create a promised land for Jewish people.

I really enjoyed that this was based on real events and that the story didn't just end with the war. Few books go into such detail about what life was like for Jewish people when they had no homes left to return to. Highly recommended, especially for fans of We were the lucky ones or Send for me by Lauren Fox. This was also great on audio and featured a small cameo of Lale (from the Tattooist from Auschwitz), which I loved! Much thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for my advance review copy!
When you read the afterward of this book and learn that this story is based off of real people I think it took this book and elevated.  To then read the notes included by the family and learn how this book came to be took it even higher in my mind.

This was such a powerful story and one not to be entered into lightly.  It is the story of family bonds and survival.  It will break your heart as all Holocaust books will do but it will give you hope as you root for the sisters in their different situations and experiences.

The narration of this story was well done and I do recommend it on audio for those who enjoy audiobooks
I listened to the audiobook and loved every minute of this book!! I was in tears multiple times over the raw emotion from the story. It was beautifully written and a story that needs to be heard/read by everyone.
Before their father passed away, he made his three daughters make a promise. Livia, Magda, and Cibi must do everything in their power to stay together. They each take this promise, and they do stay together, for the most part. Then WWII happens and the three are separated. Two are able to stay together in a concentration camp. But the third is saved from their fate because of a Christian doctor. However, after a few years, they all three end up together in Auschwitz. The horrors they have seen and experienced live with them throughout the years to come.

This story is heart wrenching in so many places. How these three survived is an amazing tale. They survived because of kindness of others or just by chance and sheer luck. And their tale does not stop after Auschwitz. They continue to live not far from each other and share in their trials and tribulations.

Heather Morris has done it again. I am amazed at the research which went into this novel. And the narrator, Finty Williams did an excellent job, perfect inflection and voices. She really brought the story to life!

Need a dang good novel that you will think about for days after…THIS IS IT! Grab your copy today.

I received this novel from the publisher for a honest review.
This is the third book in The Tattooist of Auschwitz story, and while there is a brief interlude with Lale, the book is really about three sisters - Cibi, Magda, and Livia - and their lives. It is a compelling story and while the horrors of Nazi Germany are part of the story, but really the story is about the relationships of these sisters and the promise they made to their father.

The story is beautifully told, poignant, and a compelling listen. (Excellent narration by Finty Williams, by the way!)

I loved how this story went far beyond the concentration camps to their immigration to Israel and their lives there. I highly recommend this story!

I want to thank NetGalley and Macmillan Audio for an arc of this novel in exchange for my honest review.
This audiobook was given to me by NetGalley for my honest opinion. Another great book by Heather Morris. The story starts out in Slovakia June 1929 and takes us through the trials & tribulations during WWII. In 1929 the three sisters (Livia- 7 years old, Magda- 5 years old & Cibi-3 years old) making a promise to their father and try the best they could to keep that promise. This a heartbreaking story of the life these 3 girls lived during the Holocaust.