Cover Image: The Invite

The Invite

Kaitlin has just got engaged to Greg. She’s not known him that long but he’s perfect for Kaitlin and her daughter Ruby.  There’s an engagement party planned and Kaitlin can’t wait to introduce her best friend Zoe to her fella.  However, things don’t go to plan.  Greg is shifty. Zoe is unhappy.
That evening Zoe goes missing.  Did Greg have a hand in her disappearance. So many secrets and so many lies that will keep you on your toes as you go on a journey as to who has things go hide.
Many thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for the opportunity to get an advance copy of the book
#TheInvite #NetGalley
Kiersten Modglin meets Kimberly Belle.
The story revolves around two main characters, Kaitlin who has found her true love in the form of Greg. Greg is everything she's ever dreamt of in her life. After leaving her abusive husband, Sean, she became lonely and broken and somehow living her miserable life with her daughter, Ruby until Greg had come in her life.
He's arranged a birthday party for her and she's invited her best friend, Zoe who works in Portugal. Zoe has broken her relationship with a man named Daniel after discovering that he's married to another woman. Zoe isn't happy with Kaitlin's quick decision and therefore after getting drunk dhe has a fight with her and then she rushed off from the party.
And then she went missing. Who did this to her and why? What role Greg played in this? And are Ruby and Kaitlin now in danger?
This was like Kiersten Modglin The Missing Daughter meets Kimberly Belle's The Marrige Lie and a little like My Darling Husband.
What I Like ?
1 The starting, which was good.
2 The narration, simple.
3 Writing style of Browne.
What I Don't Like?
1 It's length. It felt lengthy from time to time because of many characters and sometimes you just want it to be over.
Overall, it's a good enough read and anyone can read it if they're fans of this author or thrillers.
Thanks to NetGalley and Bookouture for giving me an advanced copy of this psychological thriller.
This was one of those books that sucked me in from the beginning and didn’t let go until I finished! I thought it was well written, with absolutely flawlessly done characters, and absolutely unputdownable.
The storyline was brilliant and fascinating you won't want to miss this novel!
I have not read one of Sheryl's books for ages and now feel compelled to pick them all up as this was so good. I read it in a couple of hours and didn't want it to end. It was an addictive read, my hairs on my arms were up the whole time reading it, it is a compulsive and such a rollercoaster of a ride story that it left me breathless when I did finish it. The whole way through I didn't know what was going to happen and when things did happen it shocked me. I love Sheryl's writing and the way she can put a spin on a story is incredible. I need more of Sheryl's books in my life now. A must read.
Sheryl  Browne knows how to write a thriller and this one shows she knows her craft.  Two good friends, Kaitlin and Zoe,  are reunited at a birthday party for Kaitlin, arranged by her new boyfriend Greg.  Both you g women seem to always choose the wrong men.  Zoe disappears and all bets are off. We think we know the villain, then the book twists, okay next one, twist, next one, twist.  Now we have no idea or is everyone guilty. Guilty of something.
The Invite by Sheryl Browne is a mystery and thriller
book, but I wanted it to be more thrilling. There were a lot of characters and multiple storylines, which at times bogged down the flow of the story.

This was not my favorite book by this author, but I will continue to read others from Sheryl Browne.

#TheInvite #NetGalley
Thank you. Bookouture and NetGalley for an early copy of The Invite. Unfortunately, not sooooo good.  Not one of her best books.  The title doesn’t go with the book and it seemed to be written in a hurry, I honestly couldn’t wait to be finished. Too many storylines and they really didn’t make sense in how they intertwined. I’m sorry but it’s my honest review.
Thanks to Sheryl and NetGalley for allowing me to read The Invite before the publication date.

Kaitlin was married to the abusive Sean Cooper until her long term friend Zoe helped her to escape with  daughter, Ruby.

Kaitlin has met Greg, who is everything that Sean was not.  Now they are engaged to marry.

Greg has arranged a birthday party for Kaitlin and she is looking forward to announcing the engagement.

Zoe has been working in Portugal until she discovers that her boyfriend, Daniel is already married with a family.   Out of work, she returns to England but Daniel persists in texting and calling her.

When she meets Greg at the party, Zoe is immediately suspicious of him and urges Kaitlin not to rush into the marriage.  This leads to an argument and Zoe leaves the party.
Now Zoe is missing.

There are lots of twists and turns in the story before the truth is uncovered.
A well written story which provides food for thought and the scope for a follow up.
This is another fantastic read by Sheryl Browne. It had me gripped from the first page and I raced through it.
It’s a fabulous psychological thriller with plenty of twists and turns.
I’d definitely recommend to anyone who likes this genre or author.
A well paced thriller. Liked the way the story flowed.
Told in the voices of different characters, it all blended well.
Kaitlin and Zoe are friends from 6th form and Zoe has always been a pillar of support for Kaitlin through her bad marriage. But when Kaitlin decides to get married to Greg, Zoe isn't too happy and this creates a rift between the friends.
Love, betrayal, faith and hope all shades are there in this one

Thank you Netgalley and Bookoutre for the ARC
Sheryl Browne an author who never fails to write unputdownable thrillers.Thisone drew me in from the first page I wound up reading well past my bedtime could not stop turning the pages.So many twists& turns a bookI will be recommending.#netgalley #bookouture
Fast paced and full of twists, the author brings the reader on a few different paths and just when you think that you know who is behind the attacks , it changes again with a few red herrings. Definitely a five star read.
Thanks for allowing me to read this Arc.
I love all of Sheryl Brownes books and this one was no exception.
I was hooked from the first page right until the end. I just couldn't put it down. My only problem now is waiting for the next one!!
Sheryl does it again! I got a tense page-turning thriller and I had so many theories as to who did it. It had me tied up in knots. I loved the police investigation side too, giving it a gritty edge with this particular storyline.

As for Kaitlin, I couldn’t help but like and wish well for her with all that was going on. I had this picture in my head at the beginning of this lovely little family but the loveliness was never set to last. And, why would it? We came here for psychological thrills and this book certainly packed them in well. There were lies, secrets and so much intrigue I had to read the pages without hesitation - haha.

There were some right awful characters and I enjoyed watching how their stories panned out too. What a thrilling, gripping rollercoaster of a story!
She does it again!!! I swear Sheryl Browne never disappoints.....I am always excited to read anything from her. Knowing a 5 star is bound to.come.
This one took the cake ...just so much going on very very twisty and blind sided me.
Follow along carefully so you don't miss a thing.

Thanks to the author, the publisher and Netgalley for an early release of this book.
The Invite is billed as an addictive psychological thriller with a jaw dropping twist and it certainly lives up to that statement. It’s been just over two years since I read one of Sheryl’s books so I was keen to rectify that. This book had me hooked from the beginning full of secrets, deceit and some great twists it didn’t disappoint. Thank you to NetGalley, Bookouture and the author for the chance to review.
This was a UK-based mystery/thriller, told through the perspectives of multiple characters.

At the heart of the story is Kaitlin, who is preparing to go to a lavish birthday ceremony her fiancé Greg is throwing for her, with her closest friends and family. Kaitlin hasn’t had an easy time of it after being mistreated by her first husband. Feeling insecure after a painful break-up, she’s fully concentrated on being a single mum when she meets Greg, but they fall into a whirlwind romance and he is eager to marry Kaitlin and become a stepfather to her daughter.

Anticipation is high because Kaitlin’s best friend, Zoe, is returning to the UK after time spent living in Portugal. She’s fleeing a disastrous breakup and is suspicious of Kaitlin’s new fiancé. Tensions between Kaitlin, Zoe and Greg are raised and Zoe leaves the party upset, never to be seen again.

The story moves quickly through alternating chapters, told through the eyes of Kaitlin, Greg, Zoe and the two detectives investigating the disappearance. The doubts Zoe managed to plant in Kaitlin’s mind grow stronger as the investigation drags on, and Kaitlin wonders how well she really knows her fiancé. The rapid pacing and discoveries in the police investigation were all good.

Less interesting for me was the character of Kaitlin. We meet her when the investigation kicks off and are often in her mind, and she came off primarily as a victim. I would have liked to see a bit more to her personality, especially since she is the character grounding this story. Another issue were the characters who popped in for a chapter or two – in addition to the five main characters - to move the story along from their perspectives. It often took me a while to understand who hey were. Finally, while the twists kept coming until the end, I’m not sure I really bought the ending.

Nevertheless, this is an engaging thriller and a quick read. I gave it 3.5 stars, rounded up to 4.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for a copy of this novel, in exchange for an honest review.
Kaitlin is excited to attend her party, eager to introduce her best friend Zoe to her fiancé Greg.  While she hasn't been with Greg long, she knows he is perfect for her - even if he does go ahead and make plans without asking her...  When Kaitlin sees a heated exchange between Greg and Zoe at the party, she wonders what it could be about.  Soon after this, Zoe goes missing, and Kaitlin knows she must find out what happened to her.  Could Greg be involved?  Or someone else close to her?  Could Kaitlin and her young daughter be in danger...?

A thrilling story that keeps you turning the pages.  With twists and turns and a gripping plot, this was a good read.  I liked how it is told from different characters' points of views.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for an advance copy of the book in return for my honest feedback.
Sheryl is one hell of a writer and I think this book is her best so far. Such a  twisty story, just when I thought I’d worked it out Sheryl threw in another curve. Kaitlin and Zoe are really relatable characters and I felt for them. The story is told from different characters’ point of view, which helps to keep the suspense going. Sheryl's skill at describing the tension and the characters’ emotions really draws you into the story and had my heart racing. Totally addictive.
Just when you think you have everything figured out, and who's real and who isn't, Sheryl throws another twist into the plot.

I absolutely love Sheryl's thrillers! They're unputdownable. Strong characters, twisting plot - they have it all!

Thanks to Bookouture and NetGalley for a free copy in exchange for an honest review.