Cover Image: 15 Minutes of Shame

15 Minutes of Shame

A quick, delightful read! It’s heartfelt with humor and a guaranteed happy ending!

Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for a free copy!
Frothy and witty, I can only hope Lisa Daily continues writing!

Darby is the girl next door who falls into fame as a dating expert.  She has THE perfect life, until she doesn't

When her marriage falls apart in the most public way possible, her career is on life support.

You'll find yourself rooting for her as she struggles to keep her family together with some great snarky humor
and unexpected romance.
A different kinda romance novel but I enjoyed it. This story follows a relationship expert, Darby, as her own relationship goes up in flames. She faces major scandal as her husband announces divorce while she’s on live television. Darby salvages her career and repairs her heart as she moves on from public disgrace. But is it just her, or is her divorce lawyer interested? Not just in her divorce but in her romantically. Read this quirky, comedic, and loves Le romance to find out ;)
Girl gets cheated on and find out while she is giving an interview on live TV plot. Personally I really enjoyed the book the beginning was funny and kept me entertained. My only thing was I feel like the male lead came out of nowhere, and it put me off. I wish there would have been more interaction with him in the beginning and middle to make the ending make sense. Otherwise I really liked it, the read is fun and fast!
This book was. described as a light and fluffy romantic comedy, but it gave me more anxiety than anything. I think the idea for the book was great, but the plot line quickly felt like a pinball gone rouge.
I think that the characters had the potential to be great, sans the constant fear of cheating thing, & with a little refinement, this book could be great!
This book is described as a funny romcom but it feels more frantic & overanxious. The chapters are very short, each ending in an article written by the protagonist. Unfortunately since I was reading an ecopy on my Kindle, these images weren't legible at all so I can't tell if they added to the plot. I have a feeling this book would work better as a movie featuring Kate Hudson or one of those 2000s romcom favorite types (white, conventionally pretty, high-pitched & well-dressed). I didn't like it enough to want to finish it, let alone read it again.
I liked this book, but I thought the romance was too quick to develop. For me, it kind of just happened in 3 chapters, and I would have liked to see it happen throughout the whole book. It seemed his book focussed a lot on the main character, Darby, dwelling on her failed marriage and not on the new romance. I felt like I didn't even really get to know Holt that much.

This was a fun romcom, that was a relatively quick read.  I wasn't sure how I felt about the main character at first, but I quickly felt so bad for her and I was rooting for her through the entire book.  I wanted the best for her, and the worst for her husband.  Caught completely blindsided on national television, Darby finds out her husband is filing for a divorce.  What comes next for her is a roller coaster ride of emotions...and dates.  I read this in one day and couldn't put it down!  Definitely a fun binge read!

First book ive read by Lisa Daily and i look forward to more.

I loved everything about this book. A sweet fun romcom. The main character was a favorite for me.
Wow!!!!!!! I ABSOLUTELY adored this such cute read, totally devoured this book. Lisa has an awesome way of writing for sure. Breath of fresh air for my crazy long week. 10/5 recommend!!!!
Loved this one. The best description for this book is light and fluffy with a great voice. You can’t ask for more in a romcom. The way the book opens grabbed me right away, I wanted to know what was going to happen to the protagonist. Which means the author did a great job setting the conflict in the story, the contract with the reader. The voice, which is the Big Kahuna in writing was immediately likable, clear, and most important, a person I wanted to spend time with
Thank-you NetGally and the publisher for the chance to review this ARC.

This was a quick read.
This is my first time reading a Lisa Daily book.
I'm looking forward to reading more.
The premise was very interesting and it was more heartfelt than I was expecting.
The way this story moved quickly got me interested and kept me involved throughout reading. The main character, Darby, absolutely stole my heart. The love and hurt she feels are palpable and although there were moments that I really disagreed with her stance, I could never say that she wasn’t acting out of love for her step children.
I think that the idea of public humiliation on national television is a pretty stomach-turning thought for most people, so you immediately want to root for her. But, just when things seem to be looking up everything comes unraveled again. The story itself may not seem relatable to most but the overarching theme and the human emotion involved certainly will be.
Seeing Darby come full circle is incredibly satisfying and her point of view is refreshing, to say the least. So often, women are pitted against one another and you pick sides without ever trying to see things from all perspectives. It’s so easy to dehumanize someone who has wronged you. It’s the easiest thing in the world to hate someone. It’s much harder, and much more personally rewarding, to forgive and to empathize.

On a lighter note, was not expecting to become so engrossed in the column entries that are at the end of each chapter. It reminded me of reading Cosmo magazines that I pilfered from my older sisters room in middle school, except the advice was better.

I really enjoyed this book and I would read more titles from this author.
Darby Vaughn sees her life change drastically, without being able to do anything and not knowing how it all happened. One moment she is happily married, with two children and a career she is proud of, and the next she lost everything.

This is the story of how a woman can overcome the adversities of life, transforming tragedy and sadness into a happy and successful future.

I must start by saying that this book wasn't exactly what I was expecting. Perhaps from the cover and the little hearts it has in the chapters, it seemed to me that it would be a more "lovely" story, in a less good sense. I didn't know if it was going to have the right amount of content or if it was going to be just another empty love story. What's certain is that it surprised me a lot.

It is a captivating book, fun, and good entertainment. I was attracted to the story and just couldn't stop reading.

It talks about the fear we have of opening up to other people and giving someone the chance to hurt us. If we don't open our hearts and share our souls, no one will ever make us suffer. What in practice is not quite so – often not pursuing something also makes us suffer. We're never safe from emotions because as much as we try, we can never control them. Just like we can't control other people's actions toward us.

A very positive point of this book is that it shows that we should put ourselves in the shoes of others. Not always what seems to us in a way - with our way of thinking, our thoughts, reactions, and our emotional baggage - is the same for the other. We are all different.

The trick to being happy is to take risks and follow what we feel is right.
This ARC was provided to me via Kindle,  Siesta Key House and  by #NetGalley. Opinions expressed are completely my own.

Packed with laughs, emotional highs and lows, you’ll experience a bit of everything.
Nope! I knew from the first and only chapter I read I am not going going to like this book. I kind of hate plot lines where the female partner is super obsessed with catching their partner cheating. Plus hiding behind a dumpster sitting in garbage, girl go communicate with the man it will be much easier. Or leave.
Despite being labelled a romantic comedy, I didn't laugh out loud once and the romance...was very lacking. In fact, it doesn't feature for like half the book.

Let me say, this book is easy to read and the plot does keep you hooked. However, do not think it's a romantic comedy, it's women's lit with a focus on motherhood (which would have been more impactful had we saw more interactions of Darby and the kids.) The romance is forced and rushed, with an unnecessary, unexpected sex scene at the end. This book could have spent more time showing rather than telling.

Due to how quick I read this, and how I did enjoy the beginning, I give this book 3 stars.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for the arc in exchange for an honest review.
The pacing of this book was all over the place. I'm still not sure what the timeline was, or how long of a period of time the whole book covers. But overall the things I didn't particularly vibe with were more because I don’t think I was the target audience. I picked this book because it was under the romance tag, but I would argue the romantic plot was definitely more of a sub-plot, if that. The themes of motherhood and how to be a mom didn't resonate with me, someone with no kids, and no current desire to have any. And in particular, Darby's desire to take custody of her ex-husband's kids was hard for me to comprehend, both emotionally but also logistically. It was hard to keep my interest after that unfortunately.
I read this entire book in on night. It was a quick, easy read and I hope that Lisa Daily writes more about Darby and Holt. The characters in this book were easy to love (and hate) and I had a hard time putting it down (hence reading it in one night). If you are looking for a fun novel that will pull you in, look no further.
Thank you to NetGalley for the ARC in exchange for an honest review. This book was a hard one for me to review. I would personally label this one more of a woman’s fiction/chick lit rather than romance as that was not the main theme of the book. This book followed the life of Darby, a dating guru author whose perfect husband turned out to be not-so perfect.

This is a book that you absolutely have to finish to get the full effect. I say this because I did struggle with the pacing with this one. It felt long and drawn out for most of the book only to ramp up in the last 20%. It had funny moments for sure and there were some great moments of second-hand embarrassment especially with the Today Show scene, but some other moments felt a little harder to get through.

The things that didn’t necessarily vibe with me were more because I don’t think I was the right audience. There were strong themes of motherhood and what it meant to be a mom. Having no kids nor the desire to have them at this point in my life, it was hard for me to understand a step-mother wanting to take custody of her ex-husband’s kids. Finishing the book and getting to really see Darby’s full transformation as a character helped me empathize with her character a lot more.

Overall, if you like lighthearted reads, are family centric and want a good laugh, this book is for you.