Cover Image: The Lost Ticket

The Lost Ticket

Libby arrives in London dumped, homeless, and unemployed. On her way to crash with her demanding sister, she meets elderly Frank on the bus. He tells her that in 1962 he met a girl on the number 88 bus with red hair just like hers who changed his life. They made plans for a date at the National Gallery, but Frank lost her number. For the past sixty years, he’s ridden the same bus trying to find her.

Libby is inspired to action and, with the help of unlikely companion Dylan, she papers the bus route with posters advertising their search. But Frank’s dementia progresses quickly and their chance of finding the girl on the 88 bus is slipping away.

Libby’s going through a painful breakup with her long-term boyfriend, and her relationship with her patronizing sister who has taken her in is equally stressful. Connecting with Frank allows Libby to throw herself into something and the two of them come to mean a great deal to one another. Along the way she meets his caregiver, punk-styled sweetheart Dylan, who stole the show for me.

I read this book in two sittings. Libby’s family and her ex-boyfriend were too awful to be believable and the big misunderstanding a bit of a stretch, but overall it’s a charming story about life choices and found family.
This book reminds me of Letters to Juliet and I am all for this type of love story. Strangers aboard a London bus help an elderly man find the love he lost way back when. This is a story of second chances and love and friendship.
The Lost ticket is a comforting, feel good novel which highlights friendships and community. While riding the bus after her life has taken an unexpected turn, Libby meets Frank an older man who is searching for a girl he met in 1962. Libby and Franks friendship is so sweet and the story move forward in a charming way as Libby helps Frank look for the girl he has been trying to find.  Libby's story involves self-discovery and the power of reclaiming yourself.  I loved the overwhelming emotion of kindness and care that author infused into her witty writing.  The Lost Ticket is a lovely book hug.

Thank you Netgalley and Berkley for the eGalley. This is my honest review.
My heart cannot handle the feels from this book!!! So wholesome. So cute. You want to talk about the ultimate romance? You can’t get much more romantic than this book, which at its heart is an absolute love story.
Frank has been searching for the girl of his dreams. He met her one time, a long time ago, in 1962, on a bus. He's been riding the bus for years now, searching for her. However, there is a slight problem. Frank is in early stages of dementia. Libby, down on her luck with the man she though was going to marry her, is moving in with her sister where she will be a glorified nanny, while trying to pull her life back together. Dylan is the other character who plays a significant role in the story, is a 30 year old punk complete with Mohawk, tattoos, coming across as a real bad boy. In reality he is a sweetheart, but it takes Libby quite some time to figure that out.

A sweet, kind story, set in London.
Name of Book: The Lost Ticket
Author:  Freya Sampson
Publisher: Berkley Publishing Group
Genre: Chick Lit
Pub Date: August 30, 2022
My Rating:  4 Stars
                               Awww love this story. At the end I had a smile on my face and a tear in my eye!!

Libby and Simon now approaching thirty have been together for a decade.
They always said they would get married when they were thirty, so when Simon arranged a romantic dinner at a new Italian Libby is sure he is going to propose. He is nervous then he asks her ~ ~
             For a break!           WHAT??? He states he loves her but needs time off and a break will help.

Libby is heartbroken and leaves their apartment to stay with her parent. Her parents believe it would be best if she stayed with her sister Rebecca as she has a large house with a spare bedroom.  Libby is not happy about this as the two were never close.
While moving her things to her sister’s and traveling by bus, she meets Frank an elderly gentleman on the bus. He seems to think he knows her. He then tells her about a red haired girl he met on a bus back in 1962. The girl was an artist and told him about her love of art and then she did a sketch him. She asked if he wanted to join her at the National Gallery Art Museum, as it is a place she enjoys and wants to share. She writes her name and number on her used bus ticket and gives it to him. He accidently loses the ticket and wasn’t able to finalize their plans. He rides on the bus many times later in hopes of seeing her but never did and that was sixty years ago.

Libby is touched by Frank’s story and decides she is going to help this him; which turns out to be somewhat complicated!

Not going to give more about but it is  a delightful read in which I believe readers will enjoy!

Want to thank NetGalley and Berkley Publishing Group for this Uncorrected eGalley. This file has been made available to me before publication in an early form for my honest professional review.
Publishing Release Date scheduled for August 30, 2022.
I absolutely loved this book! A tale of unlikely friendship is always a favorite of mine, and this one was no exception. I read author Freya Sampson's debut novel, The Last Chance Library, last year and really enjoyed it, but I loved The Lost Ticket even more!

When Libby, a young and newly single woman now living with her older sister, meets Frank on the bus, she quickly gets caught up in his story. As the two embark on a journey to find someone he met only briefly long ago, their friendship leads them to others and places that made for such a fun and heartwarming read.

I loved each character for their own reasons and really enjoyed how the author pulled it all together in the end. I definitely recommend adding this one to your end of summer reading list!

Thank you to Berkley Publishing for my gifted review copy.
The Lost Ticket is an absolute gem of a novel, bursting with charm and heart. Every page is a delight! There's a sweet, surprising central romance plot, but the story is as much about the heroine's journey of self-discovery, and about the varied forms of love that can bring people and communities together. It's a deeply satisfying read, with unforgettable characters, warmly witty writing, and an inspiring message about the power of gratitude, kindness, care, and collaboration.

Two serendipitous encounters on a London bus frame the narrative. Libby, a young woman at a crossroads in her life, sits near Frank, an utterly charming elderly actor who never forgot the girl he met on the same bus route sixty years ago. Libby agrees to help him find her, so he can finally say thank you for the conversation that gave him the courage to pursue his art. As Libby searches for the girl on the 88 bus, she forges a lovely friendship with Frank and develops unexpected feelings for Dylan, the multiply pierced, heavily tattooed punk who works as Frank's carer (and has a heart of gold). She also finds a way to reclaim herself as an artist and a dreamer, a person unafraid to love and to risk. Sampson has a gorgeous prose style, and she moves effortlessly between the strands of the story, which tie together beautifully in the end, so you feel as though you've received a gift. I highly recommend you give the gift of The Lost Ticket to yourself and everyone you know! It really is a treasure.
Wow! Such a soul healing, heart warming, poignant, genuine story! This book is best cure for happiness at your darkest, moodiest, saddest times! Just read it and see how your smile deepens, how you make cooing sounds, how you look everything from the brighter side!

It’s an epic friendship, parenthood, self growth story embraces you so tight! Your emotions are all over the place.

The characters are so connectable, seeming like your own family members. You want to give them millions of hugs.

Let’s give a quick recap of the plot:
Frank, a romantic who still searches for the woman he met at the 88 bus for 60 years before the dementia takes the last memories of her.

Libby who recently moved back to London, after her boyfriend Simon broke her heart, finding herself sitting next to Frank, being intrigued by his story which pushes her to help him to find the red haired girl, the lost love chance.

Her fate intercepts with a thirty years old, punk but so sweet, caring man Dylan. He helps her loosen up, learning how to live her life fulfilled.

I’m not giving so much away. This book earns your full attention and your consent to open your heart to the happiness fully.

I am still dabbing my eyes, drying my tears but don’t worry, they’re truly happy tears!

This is one of the best works of the author I highly recommended!

Special thanks to NetGalley and Berkley Publishing for sharing this amazing digital reviewer copy with me in exchange my honest thoughts.
This book was fine, but didn't totally hold my interest.  I'm not sure what didn't quite work for me, but I suspect it's me, not the book
Sweet, sentimental and romantic.
I enjoyed this wonderful story that embraces life in all it's messy glory.
The characters are fabulous and the dialogue is realistic.  The story is a piece of magic.
Thank you to NetGalley for this ARC!
The lost ticket was such a great read.  I loved this book and it helped me to escape the difficult time the world is going through as of the reading of this book.  Highly recommend
Thank your for the advanced opportunity to read this book
The Lost Ticket by Freya Sampson is one of the best books I have read all year! It is such a sweet, feel good novel, yet isn't ooey gooey romance or eye rolling cheesiness. I loved that this book tackled friendship, sibling relationships, love (and breakups), aging, and so much more with class, depth, and empathy. It is hard for me to choose a favorite character because they all touched me in different ways.

I loved how Libby grew throughout the novel. She learned to stand up for herself and make her own choices, and it was great to see how she and her sister grew closer together. Frank was just so sweet - his life is a great, feel-good example of what can happen when you follow your dreams. And Dylan? I adored him. What a great guy.

This book is one to return to when you need a smile and a dose of inspiration! Loved it.

Thank you to Berkley Publishing Group and NetGalley for the advanced reader copy. All opinions are my own.
Can you imagine your life changing simply because you met someone only one time?!   Sixty years ago, Frank met a red-head girl on the bus.  Wrote her phone number on a ticket, and then lost it.

We also meet Libby who meets Frank on the bus 60 years later.   Many people want to help Frank find this woman.

A sweet story set in London.   Thanks to Berkley and Netgalley for this enjoyable read.
It took me a little while to really sink into this book (that might have just been me and my own headspace) but I'm so glad I stuck with it -- THE LOST TICKET was a sweet, satisfying story about love in all its forms: Sisterhood, parenthood, friendships (new and old), romances realized and lost and merely imagined—the one that got away, what might have been. And my favorite: The love that forms when you don't give up on yourself, when you connect with just the right person at just the right time, when you need each other most.
Freya Sampson creates the perfect read for summer with her character driven story. Frank's search for his long lost love on bus, intertwines perfectly with Libby's story of finding herself again after a series of setbacks, both personal and professional. Sampson has penned another charming title, destined to keep your turning the page as you soak up the summer sun.
I was lucky enough to win an advance copy of THE LOST TICKET by Freya Sampson in a Shelf Awareness giveaway. Thanks for the early look, and have a safe and happy weekend!
Hearfelt and heartwarming - all together excellent. A recommended purchase for collections where WF is popular.
What a lovely story about missed connections, a lost lover and a Mohawk-wearer caregiver. I read this is one day. A feel-good book for these terrible times. I loved it.
So sweet! I loved the friendships that were formed, not only between Frank, a man whose been looking for the girl he met once in a bus in 1962, and Libby a woman whose down on her luck but also between Libby and Dylan, a 30 year old punk with a heart of gold.

This really was the sweetest, and once I had some time just to myself, I didn’t want to put it down. Libby, although a bit controlling/ up-tight at first just wants to help life-loving Frank before his dementia takes full control of him, and with Dylan’s help, learns to let loose and let life happen.

If the saying, “Don’t judge a book by its cover” was a person, that person would be Dylan. Mohawk, tattoos, gruff exterior all melting away with the most caring, thoughtful nature. These two were my favorite.

This is the book you read when you need a pick-me-up or need a little push to say ‘Yes!’ to life.