Cover Image: Elodie’s Library of Second Chances

Elodie’s Library of Second Chances

A brilliant theme to a book, join a library and inherit a person. Thoroughly enjoyed this book and its completely different theme.
This has been archived before I have had a chance to read it 😕

I will read this once it has been released
This was such a lovely gentle book which showed the kindness of people and how we are can judge a book by its cover and not be open to what lies beneath.

I loved the characters and you were hoping they would all get a happy ending and see that the future could be an exciting place and as individuals we are not destined to remain in the same mould as people have put us.
This was a truly gorgeous read that shows you just how important it is to never judge a book by it's cover - there is always so much more depth to a story and every story deserves to be heard.
Elodie Halifax is also Ellie Astor, the publishing princess who is set to take over the family business. However she doesn't want this future and she wants to see what she can achieve without her famous name. So she takes her real name to a little library that needs saving, along with a town that is fractured by gossips and misinformation. Without a budget to buy new books she decides to turn the people into books so their stories can be heard. Her character is probably a little too perfect, but all of the other characters with their stories make this book interesting and keep the pages turning late into the night
A good feel-good story. I am always in for a light-hearted book. There are few parts of the book that I wasn't able to get into.
Really enjoyed this story - girl from a privileged background turns her back on it to try and save a small town library. Such a great cast of characters - quirky and original. Fantastic idea of turning some of these characters into living books who get to tell their own personal stories. Do like a happy ever after too.
Elodie escapes her family's billion dollar empire to try to save a village library.  She meets a homeless man, an autistic boy, a con man's wife, and a kleptomaniac. She  comes up with the idea of patrons borrowing townspeople for thirty minute slots and listening to their stories as a way to increase membership at the library.  This was a cozy read about a "found family".  It was heartwarming and engaging.  I thank NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read this ARC.
Elodie's Library of Second Chances is a sweet romance perfect for any bookworm! Elodie longs for a life different from the one she leads, where she can make her own choices and follow her dreams and goals. She decides to leave her life of glitz and glamour behind to save her childhood library. Along the way, she learns quite a lot about life, love, and friendship. This was such a cute story and I sailed through it. You won't want to put down this feel-good romance!
Elodie needed a new beginning--a life away from what was planned for her. A life that was making her miserable. Moving to a small town might be the answer, but was it?  A  delightful book that was thoroughly enjoyed.
Definitely recommend the book. Loved the characters, story and writing style. Look forward to reading more books by the author. Loved the cover of the book.
The world always feels a little better after reading a Rebecca Raisin story and this might be my favourite one yet.

Elodie is on a mission to save Willow Grove library - a place she spent happy hours in as a child. Being a complete bookworm and all round awesome person, she soon comes up with a brilliant idea to increase memberships and save the hub of the community. The story is too gorgeous to give away any more detail, but if you're looking for a cozy, warm and romantic escape, then look no further.
A nice, soft romance with a lot of self-discovery along the way.  Good for readers who want a small village story and some interesting characters.
Don't judge a book by its cover is the real message of the book. A light hearted read with an important message. It makes you think about how you look at people and what are their real stories.
At the risk of being a little fangirlesqe, I must confess to very much enjoying Rebecca Raisin’s works, so I was thrilled to be given the opportunity to review this latest book.

I immediately empathised with Elodie – what a nightmare, being styled at the behest of your Mother, for an event you don’t really want to attend! Thank heavens for the joy of having a good book on hand, in order to alleviate some of the pain, and I can certainly appreciate Elodie’s love of
Books, and I was overwhelmed at her bravery, in going against her Mother’s wishes to work in their ailing local library. Elodie’s Mother certainly seems to be hard work, at the best of times!

Elodie certainly shows her humanitarian side, with her treatment of both Harry and Alfie – what a sterling example to us all. I did feel that it was sad however, that Elodie deemed it necessary to completely change her appearance for her new role, although I did understand why she did it.

As I read on, I found myself asking lots of questions:

– How can Elodie find over 500 new members for the library over the next three months, so that she can apply for essential funding to save the library? If anyone could do it, it would in my opinion be Elodie.

– Why does Finn have what seems to be a constant flow of female admirers?

– How will Finn react when he discovers the truth about Elodie?

– Can Elodie’s People Library contribute towards saving the library?

– Am I right to slightly alarmed about Elodie’s growing relationship with Finn – I suspect that he wouldn’t be happy if he found out Elodie’s real identity. She needs to come clean with him, and soon.

– Can Elodie overcome Finn’s betrayal?

– How is Sofia a Woman of such tremendous means?

– Why is Willow Grove so fond of insulting, alliterative nicknames for so many residents?
sorry, but could not get into this book.  must be me because of the other good reviews.  I thought the start at the hairdressers was a bit off putting for me..  i will not review on amazon as it is not fair to the author
Thank you to HQ for my copy of this book via Netgalley. I have been reading Rebecca’s stories for many years now and each one is always a delight.
Elodie is such an easy character to identify with. At her heart she is a book lover just like us. Yes her life has other complications but at her core she just wants to curl up with a good book and that is something I can get behind.
The key message that Rebecca is trying to convey in this book is to not judge people on appearances. To be kind and to look deeper. Willow Grove is a town that is a bit stuck in its ways with your typical small town gossip. Elodie is the breath of fresh air they need.
While I loved all the ‘books’ Elodie had for the People library, my favourite character has to be Alfie. Alfie is a straight shooter and you will always know where you are with him. I just wanted to be his friend and show the world what a special person he is.
This story is a book lover's dream. It’s so easy to fall in love with. I was very happy to spend hours and hours in the world that Rebecca has created. This story is the perfect escapist story.
This is such a light, easy, feel-good read and it features plenty of book mentions (as Elodie’s double life is in publishing and in a library respectively), so is ideal for book worms!

Not that the story is actually all about books though; instead it is about people – the people who make up a community and those who fall through the cracks – and about giving people a chance instead of judging based on gossip, rumours and appearances. In other words, the phrase ‘Never judge a book by its cover’ could have been written to apply specifically to this plot and these characters!

I felt a bond with the main character, Elodie, as her obsessive love of reading felt very familiar to me and I vehemently agreed with her sentiments about the importance of access to books for all. I did find her a little bit of a Mary-Sue character at times though, as she was so good and calm and kind all the time and seemed to have not a single fault – all of her problems were caused by other people (especially her family… grrrrrr!).

The whole idea of human books was a really novel one to me and I think it is an absolutely fantastic one and really gave the story its heart and emotional impact – the ‘books’ were all so lovely and so brave to put themselves out there to be re-judged like that. This aspect of the story was so moving and memorable that I did a bit of Googling and found out that this is something that you can actually do in real life! (Check out The Human Library if, like me, you are interested in finding out more about this.)

If you enjoy heartwarming stories about found family, saving a community hub, and opening up some closed minds, then this is a lovely, uplifting read. It might even make you look at the people all around you with new, kinder eyes.

Review by Steph Warren of Bookshine and Readbows blog
I am a huge fan of Ms. Raisin’s writing. Including this new gem of a book. It combines everything I love libraries and people. Everyone has a story in this book. It is about combining the two things to being the library a new lease on life. We can all learn from that thought.
"Everybody deserves a second chance." And a third, and a fourth, and a fifth...
While this is a maxim most of us can easily agree with, it is more frequently than we think that we fail to apply it in our own lives. This lovely, cozy story reminds us of just that, and it does so in a most enjoyable way, in a story where not only people - but also books - and more than one type of "books" - get a second chance. Such a charming story, all revolving around a library and the love of books? Yes, please! And thank you!