This story in the A Brush With Love series follows Indira and Jude who end up both staying with Indira's brother (Colin) who is getting married. Jude was super close with Colin growing up and Indira was an annoying little sister third wheel, so her and Jude have a very tense relationship. They are forced together through proximity.

I struggled because Indira is a therapist and Jude has some very severe PTSD and it was a really heavy book. It took me a while to get through it because it was not necessarily the most fun to read the constant struggles. Reading the author note at the end made a lot of this journey make sense and I do commend Eddings for putting this content out there. Mental health representation is so important. It was not what I was expecting for this series and I wasn't prepared for how heavy it would be.

๐ˆ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ง๐ฃ๐จ๐ฒ๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฒ!

3/5 โญ ๏ผฏ๏ผถ๏ผฅ๏ผฒ๏ผก๏ผฌ๏ผฌ
2.5/5 ๐ŸŒถ ๏ผณ๏ผด๏ผฅ๏ผก๏ผญ

"๐‘บ๐’‰๐’† ๐’๐’๐’๐’Œ๐’†๐’… ๐’„๐’‚๐’๐’Ž. ๐‘บ๐’๐’‡๐’•. ๐‘บ๐’•๐’†๐’‚๐’…๐’š. ๐‘บ๐’‰๐’† ๐’๐’๐’๐’Œ๐’†๐’… ๐’๐’Š๐’Œ๐’† ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’š๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ."

If you enjoy:
- Brother's Best Friend
- Forced Proximity
- Deals with Mental Illness
- Character-Driven

When I saw the next installment was coming out for this series, I immediately requested this book from Netgalley. I loved Lizzie Blake's Best Mistake, so I couldn't wait for this one. I wanted to love this one just as much, and maybe I just had my hopes too high because this book was just ok to me. I gave it 3.5 stars for the characters because they truly were lovable.

Unfortunately, the storyline was a drag. I found myself uninterested and frankly bored. I tend to enjoy character-driven novels, but I wasn't connecting with the book at all. This is definitely a me thing, so don't take my word for it, because you could enjoy it.

Again, characters were lovable, and I enjoyed their interactions and growth throughout the novel. Thanks to NetGalley and the author for the review copy.

Happy Reading! ๐Ÿ’—

This book was everything I was hoping it would be when I picked it up - it was heartfelt, emotional, touching, and made me feel so happy inside at the end.

I loved the banter between Indira and Jude. They were so fun together, but once they began to open up to each other I really loved seeing them grow and how that impacted them individually and their relationship. The mental health rep in this book was done so well, and I think itโ€™s such a good portrayal of how trauma can impact someone personally and their relationships with others.

This was my first book by Mazey and Iโ€™m excited to read the other books in this series!

Thank you to St. Martins Griffin & Netgalley for an eARC of this book!

I was so happy to be able to read another of Mazey Eddings books. Every time I see she is coming out with another book I am in line! She is a must read for me.

Enemies to lovers; Grumpy/Sunshine; Fake dating. Do I need to say more? Indira and Jude are adorable and their journey is sweet, steamy and heartwarming. I also continue to love the representation in Mazeyโ€™s books.

I want to thank NetGalley, Mazey Eddings and St. Martinโ€™s Press for the e-ARC of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are honest, my own and left voluntarily.

Cute! But not for me, you know? These tropes just didn't align with what I tend to like and gravitate towards in romance books. As usual, I appreciate the spice! I'll definitely continue to read whatever Mazey Eddings puts out, and I continue to love her MH representation.

I didnโ€™t have a lot of expectations going into this book. It was my first by this author and I barely read the synopsis. It ended up really being a great read. I listened on audio as well reading my eARC and I really enjoyed both the narrators for the audio as well.

This is a full on enemies to lovers trope book but with a little fake dating, brothers best friend, grumpy sunshine, oh and amazing mental health rep! Between Indira being a psychiatrist and Judeโ€™s struggles you get a lot of incredible representation of different areas of mental health.

Jude is so well written and I wanted nothing more than to wrap him up in a big ole hug and love on him. And indira does just that and gave me all the feels!

I laughed out loud on multiple occasions and loved the banter and prankster vibes between Dira and Jude.

Oh yeah and the spice, whew sooo good!

first of allโ€ฆ enemies to lovers is just the *chefโ€™s kiss* of romance tropes! Mazey Eddings totally killed it! the tension was super believable and I honestly felt it while I was reading. and then thereโ€™s also some fake dating and forced proximity which just amplifies their chemistry. honestly my three top fav tropes right here!!!

Indira goes through some rough times in the beginning of the book, and I was routing for her to be with Jude, who was also doing some soul searching. their dedication to the fake dating situation gave them a glimpse of what their relationship could look like for real.

just UGH ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿซถ๐Ÿผ

the only reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 is because Jude was suppose to be the guy that didnโ€™t have anything together but like heโ€™s a doctor who goes on humanitarian tripsโ€ฆ which sounds pretty put together to me. I imagine someone who has nothing together as an unfashionable guy who lives in his parentsโ€™ house and works as a pizza guy while failing his one yoga class. so kudos to Jude for not being that up-put-together ๐Ÿซก

This was a cute romance. I enjoyed it but it didnโ€™t really keep my attention so I had to read it a little at a time. I love the trope of falling in love with the brothers best friend. It did however feel too serious for a rom-com.

Thank you for the gifted copy!

Cute, feel good, darling characters ~ perfect summer read!
Thank you @NetGalley@StMartinsGriffin@ThePlusOne

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but โ€œThe Plus Oneโ€ was terribly boring. The only winning factor was the mental health themes that the author touched on but otherwise, the amount of cliches and lack of real chemistry between Jude and Indira didnโ€™t do the book any favors. The history was there but the author failed to execute in making the relationship authentic or believable.

Additionally, the storyline fell flat and was drawn out (basically a whole lot of nothing happened), and the writing style was very repetitive. It didnโ€™t feel like we were moving forward with their story. To be blunt, reading this was a waste of time and if I could go back, I would.

This novel served as my introduction to Mazey Eddings, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Despite not having read the previous two books, I still found immense pleasure in this third installment.The way the main characters supported each other throughout the story was truly remarkable. Indira, despite battling her own inner demons, displayed remarkable patience with Jude as they both coped with their individual traumas. While the book did become intense at some point, I felt that these moments were crucial for both the story and the development of the characters. The focus on communication and remaining true to one's feelings was a theme that resonated deeply with me.

I looooove Mazey Eddings. I knew I would love this book since I loved Lizzie Blakeโ€™s Best Mistake so so much! And I was not wrong. I loved this and loved Indira and Jude and loved watching their story unfold

I enjoyed this enemies to lovers romance; however, the fact that Indira (Dira) and Jude were childhood enemies somehow made the "enemies" portion less relevant than if they had conflict as adults. Both Indira and Jude end up staying with Indira's brother and his fiance, Colin and Jeremy. I really enjoyed the depth of focus the this novel had with mental health: Indira is a psychologist with issues stemming from her relationship with her father and Jude suffers from complex PTSD from his time serving as a doctor in developing countries facing emergencies. While there wasn't a tonne of physical action, I enjoyed the boiling over the top, frenzied nature of their relationship. My only complaint was coming into this book without reading the first in series is that there were a number of events leading up to Colin and Jeremy's wedding that introduced a lot of side characters such as Harper, Lizzie, and Thu.

The Plus One was a great addition to the Brush with Love series from Mazey Eddings. I really enjoyed how she kept all these books connected and interwoven. In this book we follow Indira (finally!) and Jude, her brother's best friend. As her brother's nuptials approach and the many ridiculous events leading up to it Jude and Indira concoct a fake dating plan. But will the feelings stay fake? Alot of really good characters and a great story I really enjoyed this one and look forward to more from Mazey Eddings in the future.

Thank you to netgalley and the publishers for providing me with an arc for an honest review!

Iโ€™m obsessed with this book! The audiobook narrators were absolutely perfect.

The way this deals with mental health issues is beautiful and perfect. The stigma, the way people are afraid to say anything, the embarrassment. And to see it in the male main character was so refreshing.

The side characters are amazing as well. Her gay brother and his fiancรฉ literally make the book.

I highly recommend this book as well as the previous books in this series. Mazey Eddings is so talented.

Book 2 might be my favorite only because I related to Lizzie so much, but this book is a close contender and theyโ€™re both so freaking good.

This is book #3 in a series but I can be read as a standalone. It really stands strong all by itself. The characters were so great in this book. This was an enemies to lovers, fake dating, open door rom-com but it included real life situations that were not surface level. Indira goes through therapy, and Jude copes with anxiety and PTSD. I loved the representation that the author included in this book to highlight mental health awareness. This was an amazing book and so much more than just a rom-com.

Mazey Eddingsโ€™ has a gift for describing the indescribable. As someone who suffers from depression and anxiety, putting words to those emotions is difficult, to say the least. While The Plus One is a fictional story, readerโ€™s will be able to tell it is rooted in reality.

I adore this book for its great representation of mental health. It does a phenomenal job highlighting the various types of trauma a person can experience. No matter what tour education, gender, or socioeconomic status is, mental health can effect anyone.

Special thanks to St. Martinโ€™s Press and Netgalley for allowing me to read this book in exchange for my honest feedback.

Generally, I steer clear of wedding romances. However, the first book I read from Mazey Eddings was a book I adored and so I figured I would fall in love with this one as well. Winner winner chicken dinner. I was right.

Don't let me forget to mention that the romance between these enemies, my favorite troupe, is steamy! I could feel the heat radiating off of them at every interaction. And if this is what wedding romances are like, count me in!

Itโ€™s hard for me to put into words just how much this book meant to me. Thatโ€™s part of why itโ€™s taken me so long to post this review (Iโ€™m so sorry ๐Ÿคฃ).

Have you ever read something that rearranged the very fiber of your being? That is this book for me ๐Ÿฅน Firstly, the love story between Jude and Indira was absolute PERFECTION. The banter! The chemistry! The absolute idiot to lovers vibes were just off the charts immaculate. If I wasnโ€™t laughing, I was swooning, or sweating, or crying.

Jude and Indiraโ€™s story is such a balm of self healing and healthy growth. It wraps up all the broken pieces of your heart and brain into a hug, whispering to you that you are beautiful. You are worthy. You are loved. This book, these characters, this story healed my soul. And a reminder that on the journey to self love it's ok to let go of the things (or people) that are hurting you. Their profound unconditional love forced me to โ€œfeel everything, and do it with abandon.โ€ (IYKYK ๐Ÿฅน)

This is my third Mazey Eddings romance and each one continues to be a total blast. Her characters are unique and feel so real and I especially love how clear it is that Mazey loves her characters and puts a lot of time and energy into crafting each of them. I also really love the way each of her three adult romance novels have been set within the same friend group but don't necessarily require having read the prior novels. It adds a level of depth for a reader like me, but also doesn't deter me from recommending any of the books as stand-alones to fellow readers.