The Last Days of Lilah Goodluck is such a unique romance. What would you do if you saved a witch and she gave you five unwanted predictions: your boyfriend is cheating on you, you won't get that promotion at work, winning lottery ticket numbers, the name of your soul mate, and you will die by next Sunday? Lilah doesn't know what to do with these predictions, and she doesn't believe them... until they start to come true. The name of Lilah's soul mate is Alistair George Arthur Lennox, and he is the illegitimate son of the British King. Alistair is always in the news for dating famous women, and Lilah never believes that she will even have the chance to meet him.. until she almost crashes her car into him.

When she explains everything to Alistair, he agrees to spend time with her and figure out the predictions. She meets his mother, and they spend a good amount of time together. Their connection grows, and there are some steamy, open door scenes between them. It is a slow burn, but it is insta love, if that makes sense.

I'm usually not a fan of insta love, but it worked in this story. I felt like the ending was rushed, and I wanted to read more about Lilah and Alistair. I liked the side characters, and it was a fun, quick read.

Thanks to NetGalley and Harlequin Trade Publishing for an ARC of this story.

Thank you to NetGalley for an eARC of the last days of lilah goodluck.

I enjoyed the magic that’s a central thread throughout this book. Lilah has to work through the predictions made by the fortune teller while also eventually finding her person, Alistair.

It did feel a bit rushed but overall I enjoyed it.

This one fell flat for me... I really wanted to love this, but it felt like something I've already read... I didn't really connect with the characters like I thought I would.

The Last Days of Lilah Goodluck by Kylie Scott is a good fit for people who are in the mood for a lighthearted and romantic story about an unlikely royal romance that develops in the face of adversity.

Loved the premise of this and the whirlwind of Lilah’s life. The ending felt a bit abrupt to me. All loose ends were tied up, but it felt rushed.

Oh wow..I love this one a lot. A 5 stars rom-com read.
This book put a big smile on my face from the beginning till the end and I laugh a lot.
It's fun, it's cute, it's adorable and I just love it through and through.
There's family drama, royal scandal, romance and a witch.
Love the banter, love the drama, love the romance, love the steaminess, love everything, everything is chef's kiss.
It is predictable but I still love it nonetheless.

Totally recommended for everyone who's looking for rom-com.

If you’re looking for a slow burn romance mixed with a bit of magical realism, then hit up The Last Days of Lilah Goodluck. There is so much to like in this story, not the least of which is the lyrical writing. I loved the flow and tone od Scott's writing and plan to look for more books by her.

Prepare to be enchanted by Kylie Scott's The Last Days of Lilah Goodluck, a spellbinding blend of romance, humor, and a touch of magic that will sweep readers off their feet.

From the moment Lilah Goodluck saves the life of Good Witch Willow and receives five unexpected predictions, the story unfolds with exhilarating momentum. Kylie's storytelling prowess shines as she masterfully crafts a narrative filled with unexpected twists and turns that will keep readers hooked until the very last page.

What truly sets this novel apart is its richly developed characters. Lilah is a refreshingly honest and fiercely independent protagonist, while Alistair Lennox exudes charm and intrigue as the illegitimate son of the British king. Their magnetic chemistry and evolving relationship journey from "maybe friends" to "maybe more" is both heartwarming and captivating.

As the countdown to Lilah's predicted demise looms, Kylie skillfully navigates the complexities of love amidst uncertainty. The romance between Lilah and Alistair is a poignant exploration of navigating obstacles such as paparazzi, disapproving royals, and the shadow of fate.

The Last Days of Lilah Goodluck is a rollercoaster of emotions, seamlessly blending laughter, tears, and triumphs. Kylie's signature wit and humor infuse every page, ensuring that even the most poignant moments are balanced with levity and joy. This book is a captivating read that will leave readers spellbound. With its engaging plot, memorable characters, and irresistible charm, this novel is a testament to Kylie's talent as a storyteller and is sure to leave a lasting impression on readers long after they've turned the final page.

The Last Days of Lilah Goodluck
by Kylie Scott

More Info
Buy Now
FacebookX
Kylie Scott's The Last Days of Lilah Goodluck is a startling and spicy rom-com that crackles with a touch of magic. Lilah Goodluck has no reason to suspect her life is anything but a happy one, until she pulls a psychic from the path of a speeding car. "It would seem you're owed something," Good Witch Willow says with gratitude, rewarding Lilah with five life-changing predictions--one of them life-ending: Lilah has eight days before her heart stops. She quickly laughs off the unasked-for predictions, especially her just-over-a-week death knell, but cannot ignore them either, given that, one by one, everything the psychic tells her comes true.

The winning lottery ticket numbers are great, but the cheating boyfriend and failure to secure a job promotion are not. And what are the odds her soul mate is, indeed, that gorgeous bastard son of a king? The harsh reality of Lilah's situation comes into abrupt, hard focus as the days tick down to her last. Readers watch the heroine take a deep dive into the aching clarity of finally finding true love while having only days to live.

Scott (End of Story) successfully enchants her story beyond the usual romantic comedy by fusing witty banter with a paranormal plot, which adds a certain believable freshness to the genre. It doesn't take a psychic to predict readers will devour this novel in a single sitting. --Paul Dinh-McCrillis, freelance reviewer

After saving the life of a fortune teller, Lilah is told her boyfriend is cheating, that she won’t get a promotion, the week’s lottery numbers, the name of her soulmate, and that she will die in a week. when the first three things become true and she meets number four in person, Lilah begins to panic that her death is imminent and begins to check things off her bucket list. The named soulmate is none other than Alistair Lennox, the illegitimate son of the King of England who finds himself intrigued by Lilah and her list of tasks and begins helping her complete them.

I wanted to like this book so much. I enjoyed Kylie’s Stage Dive series so I know she knows how to handle a celebrity romance but this one fell short for me. The book which should have been about Lilah revolved entirely around Alistair and his personal life. I got to the point where I just didn’t care and started skimming because the book did not give me what I wanted. There was no chemistry between Lilah and Alistair, like zero, zilch, none to the point the steamy scenes were off putting. I think the story could have been very good, but it just didn’t work for me. The best part of this book is the cover.

Thank you to NetGalley and Harlequin Trade Publishing for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This book is a fun romp. Our heroine finds herself at a crossroads after saving a witch/fortune teller, 5 predictions that end with her dying but also finding her soulmate Alistair. This is fantastic read and Kylie Scott hits it out of the ballpark. Lilah and Alistair are perfect for one another.

This book was something different. I blended some tropes and did it well. I really liked the characters. Lilah was relatable - - albeit a bit stubborn at times. And then there is Alistair - - who doesn't love a good illegitimate prince with a chip on his shoulder? He was a great character and I really enjoyed seeing their relationship blossom and both of them "grow."

When Lilah saves the life of Good Witch Willow, she makes several predictions of things that will happen to Lilah, including that she will die in a week. She also predicts that Alistair is Lilah's soulmate. Since he's a playboy and is seen with many women, Lilah immediately dismisses it all. Then she almost runs into him - - literally with her car. And they form a friendship which may just lead to more....

Thank you to NetGalley for this ARC. I chose to read and review it and the opinions contained within are my own.

There’s a fortune teller at a party, and after it’s over Lilah Goodluck saves her from being run over. In return, the fortune teller says her boyfriend is cheating on her, repeats the lotto numbers, says she’s not getting the promotion she wants, and tells her the name of her soulmate. And one more thing, she’s going to die in a week.

Lilah doesn’t believe in fortunes, but when she finds her boyfriend with another woman and doesn’t get her promotion, she buys a lottery ticket. Her soulmate’s name is an actual bastard prince with a world wide reputation, so she doesn’t believe that. Until she wins the lottery, and literally runs into the prince’s car in a parking lot. Now Lilah is extremely concerned about the last part of the fortune.

The prince, Alistair Lennox, is intrigued with Lila and her story. He wants her to experience some of the things she’s put on her bucket list and goes out of his way to make sure they happen. As they spend all their time together, they fall into a whirlwind romance and Alistair decides to keep a close eye on her on the day she supposedly stops breathing.

I didn’t want to put this one down. The plot is excellent, and I loved the characters especially Alistair’s mother.

4.5 stars.

Thanks to Harlequin and NetGalley I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed as in this review are completely my own.

It was fine. A cute, quick read. Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for the free book to review.

I loved The Last Days of Lilah Goodluck!! It was such a great read. It had me laughing out loud throughout the entire book. I couldn't put it down and read it in a matter of hours in one sitting. I loved the natural progression of Lilah and Alistair's relationship. I also loved the secondary characters as well, particularly Alistair's mom.

Oh my goodness, I was not prepared for how much I fell in love with this book and the two main characters, Lilah and Alistair. The 'predicted death' trope has been done before but Kylie Scott pulled it off so well. I even didn't mind just how fast Lilah and Alistair fell for one another.

Plus sized librarian Lilah saves a 'witch'/fortune teller from getting hit by a car and in return she gives Lilah the following insight: "He is cheating on you. The name of your soulmate is Alistair George Arthur Lennox. You will be passed over for the promotion. The winning numbers are 5-8-12-24-39-43. And I’m very sorry to tell you this, but you will die next Sunday.”

When things start to come true, Lilah has to grapple with what she wants her last few days to look like and things get extra interesting when she runs into Alistair, the bastard son of the King of England. Lots of fun activities follow, as Lilah helps Alistair open up.

Great on audio and highly recommended for fans of authors like Holly James and Rebecca Serle. I adored every second of this book! The banter was top notch, the sex was steamy, it had emotional depth and was just plain fun to read.

Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for an early digital copy in exchange for my honest review. This is by far my new favorite Kylie Scott book and I'm shocked more people aren't raving about it!

Steam level: open door

This was such a fun read with an interesting premise! Imagine getting five predictions after saving a psychic's life and one of them is related to one's death 😂😶 You know what they say - no good deed goes unpunished 😂⁣

Lilah Goodluck saves the life of Good Witch Willow while crossing the street(after meeting her at her bff's birthday party) and she gets five unwanted predictions as a reward. She doesn't believe in them at first but when she comes across her boyfriend cheating on her and she's passed over for a promotion at work, mild panic begins to set in 😶 The psychic had also mentioned the winning lottery numbers, her soulmate's name(Alistair George Arthur Lennox) and that she'd die within a week! Things take a turn when she almost crashes her car into(yep you guessed it) Alistair's while driving and she ends up meeting him too. The lottery numbers are just as predicted, so Lilah starts making a bucket list of sorts for herself(just in case) and decides to check some things off the list with the unexpected help of Alistair!⁣

This was so funny and sweet at the same time! I loved Lilah and Alistair's sarcastic banter! They get to know each other over the course of a week or more but their relationship development was well done. And while Alistair is a bit of a grumpy alpha, Lilah doesn't hold back either and she always gives as good as she gets. While Lilah has her own worries about these predictions she doesn't let it hold her back. Also, I enjoyed having no miscommunication or third act drama in this one! Alistair's mom - Helena was so hilarious too 😂 and I loved how everything was wrapped up in the end!⁣
Would definitely recommend this one if you're looking for a fun and hilarious romance read with an interesting premise!❣️✨

This is a fun quirky and escapist read that is perfect for cozying up with on a cold winter’s day. The characters are engaging, the plot is involving and there are both humor and heart here. Readers will want the best for Lilah as her life is turned upside down and her end may be in sight. How will she fare? Readers will turn the pages eagerly to find out.
Many thanks to HTP and NetGalley for this title. All opinions are my own.

Title: The Last Days of Lilah Goodluck
Author: Kylie Scott
Genre: Romance
Rating: 4.5 out of 5

“Be quiet and listen: He is cheating on you. The name of your soulmate is Alistair George Arthur Lennox. You will be passed over for the promotion. The winning numbers are 5-8-12-24-39-43. And I’m very sorry to tell you this, but you will die next Sunday.”

When Lilah Goodluck saves the life of Good Witch Willow as they’re crossing a busy L.A. street, the last thing she expects is five unwanted predictions as a reward. Who gives someone the winning lotto numbers then tells them they’ve only got a week to live? And who believes in that nonsense anyway?

But when the first three predictions come true within twenty-four hours, Lilah’s disbelief turns to mild panic. She’s further horrified when she nearly runs a car off the road that belongs to Alistair Lennox, who just happens to be the illegitimate son of the British king.

While Alistair is intrigued by her preposterous story, Lilah is adamant about resisting the heat between her and the playboy prince. If she denies he’s her soulmate, then the last prediction can’t come true, right? As the days count down, they become maybe friends…and then maybe more. But between the relentless paparazzi and some disapproving royals, finding time for love isn’t easy, especially when her days may be numbered.

The snark is real in this read! I have no idea how many times I snorted with laughter while reading this. Lilah and Alistair are both such memorable characters, and I enjoyed both of them very much. This really is like a modern-day fairy tale---but with attitude. If you’re looking for a fun weekend read, you’ve found it.

Kylie Scott is a bestselling author. The Last Days of Lilah Goodluck is her newest novel.

(Galley courtesy of Harlequin/Graydon House in exchange for an honest review.)

I really loved this. Such a cute story with great writing. I love the plot, it made me want to keep reading to see what happened. I think with the entire book leading to the mystery ending it could have spent a little more time on the big moment. It passed pretty quick for all the build up. However the writing and banter were perfect and Kylie Scott will be an auto buy author for me.