Ah London! I have become quite enamored with this setting since my daughter has studied abroad there and we were able to visit. I thought this was a good book. I enjoyed the relationship between Lucy and her flatmates more than the romantic relationship with Henry. That relationship didn't hit for me. I think this is a good debut novel, and I will look for others by this author in the future.

Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for advanced copy, and I give my review freely

I loved the premise of this book and it totally gave me One Day vibes.

Lucy and Henry were fun and relatable, if a little infuriating - they really needed to get it together! It's a very slow burn, but it needed to be so you could see their growth.

The found family aspect was really well done and the cast of secondary characters was complimentary to the plot. The support for each other was evident even through their good-natured banter.

I could have done with maybe one less breakup (there were about 3) but the HEA in the end was worth the tears! It's honestly been a while since a book made me cry and I really love when a book makes me feel something.

A quirky rom-com about two roommates who only see each other one weekend a month - trying to make a relationship work. Lots of back and forth and miscommunication.

Thank you NetGalley and Harper Collin’s for the review copy!

As someone who has been in London for a few months I fell in love with this story. I feel like it is perfect for people in their 20s just trying to find their way with a group of friends with different personalities but have become your family. Although Henry’s and Lucy’s relationship could be frustrating and confusing at times, it feels extremely real. Also I applaud the author for having main characters that may be struggling for money but are pursuing jobs in their true passions.

The format of this book was very unique, but works perfectly. Getting a glimpses into these characters life for one weekend made me so excited to pick up the book again and again to see what the new month brings.

“Flowers have always been the best communicators. [...] They do not rush. They do not bloom before their time. They do not take without giving in return.”

Weekends with You is a solid debut from Alexandra Paige and is the perfect book to jump into spring! Lucy Bernstein lives in a London flat with seven other roommates and ends up falling hard for one of them. She is also trying to keep her flower shop, The Lotus, afloat.

I found Lucy to be very relatable and really enjoyed seeing her relationships with her flatmates. I also loved the London setting. Alexandra has a lovely writing style that really helps the reader paint a picture of each scene.

I wasn’t too keen on Lucy and Henry’s relationship. I felt it was a bit too much of a rollercoaster. I just wanted Henry to make up his mind and stick to it.

I’ll definitely look to read future books by the author!

Thank you so much to @prbookgirl, @alexandrapaigewrites, @netgalley, @avonbooks, and @harpercollins for this advanced copy in exchange for my review. Weekends with You hits bookshelves on April 9, 2024!

Lucy moves into the warehouse with 7 other roommates. One weekend a month, we get a glimpse into her life.

I thought this was a very sweet, no spice, romance between Lucy and her roommate Henry, a traveling photographer that only comes back home one weekend a month. At times, he seemed like a real ass though. He'd say things to Lucy to make her feel like he wanted to be with her, then tell her the plan was always to move out. I was feeling very frustrated right along with Lucy.

I really enjoyed the weekend that the roommates would spend together. And I loved their friendship.

Weekends with You is a captivating story set in a charming backdrop. Its captivating hero will leave you swooning. This story transported me into its pages, evoking a London love story reminiscent of the beloved films Love Actually and Notting Hill.

Thanks to NetGalley I received an advanced electronic copy of the book to read and provide a review.

Alexandra's style of writing is my favorite! I loved the chapters being broken up by month too. Very easy to read and immediately made me want to know what happens next. I was a bit nervous when all of the characters were introduced, I thought they'd be hard to keep up with. Surprisingly, the story flowed so well that this wasn't the case. Just enough info was given on each character and it made you feel like you really knew them and their role.

However, Henry was a bit disappointing of a character. I grew quite frustrated with him and his immaturity. I don't know why Lucy kept going back to him! I wish the story could have explored the relationship with Oliver a bit more -- IMO he was far better for Lucy and actually showed real interest in her.

Overall, it was a cute story and I'm thankful to have read it early!

Found family, flower power, and Funny. What more could I ask for when it comes to a romance?

I always like it when authors play with structure and this was really beautiful to watch a love story play out a weekend a month. It added to the intensity, the swoon-worthy moments, and the hilarious friendship.

The beginning tells you, you’re about to watch a rom-com the cacophony of the flatmates which sounds like a home well loved, to the furtive glances the main characters start giving to each other, to the intense moments between the two MCs, to the nosy flatmates.

It’s giving Notting Hill and What a Girl Wants but has nothing to do with the plot and everything to do with the vibes.

If you’re looking for a British rom-com you’ve come to the right place!

4 stars / This review will be posted on goodreads.com today.

Set in London, this debut novel is romantic and fun. I truly enjoyed reading this one and would absolutely read another by this author. Not just mushy romance, Paige kept me completely engaged in Lucy Bernstein’s life and future.

Lucy is a twenty something living on her own and pursuing her dream of being a florist. When her flat is no longer hers to rent, she is offered a room in a warehouse apartment that is shared by 7 others. Her college roommate Raj is the one to offer, and though Lucy knows none of the other flatmates, she has no choice but to accept.

Little does Lucy know that one of the flatmates, Henry, is quite handsome and charming, and on the road most of the time for work. Lucy becomes smitten, and looks forward to the one weekend a month that Henry will be home.

In the rest of the time she is busy trying to keep her flower shop - The Lotus - afloat. It’s really not hers. It belongs to a wonderful older woman who is slowing down. Lucy worries constantly that the shop cannot be kept running, and that she will soon find herself out of work. Lucy dreams of floral arrangements for huge events, but her boss feels too old to take them on.

Lucy has big dreams, but can she dream big enough to trust herself with everything she wants to have and achieve?

Such a delightful novel. I adored all of Lucy’s quirks and concerns. I loved the chapters being broken into months that the flatmates would all spend a weekend together, engaged in one flatmates idea of the perfect weekend. Normally reserved and independent Lucy having to blend in with seven other humans. It was all so charming and enjoyable. I wish I could travel back to my 20s and move in with this bunch.

You know how sometimes you fall for the guy who you know is not good for you, is going to string you along (repeatedly), and yet you still keep falling for him over and over thinking this time will be different? Well, meet Lucy and Henry. I guess in that sense, this book really did remind me of my 20s. But mostly I wanted to shake Lucy and tell het to move on.

The rest of the concept of the book, I really liked, I wish there had been more focus on the 8 roommate who share a warehouse flat in London and make sure to spend one weekend together each month, with each roommate taking a. turn at planning that weekend. I would have liked ot gotten to know more about these roommates and their stories and relationships. I also really liked that Lucy and her friend Raja both were ambitious and had career goals, and that they weren't willing to sacrifice them for the sake of men who may or may not be ready to commit to them.

I am always interested when a main character is Jewish and like seeing (reading) Jewish representation. But other than a couple of side mentions about it, it did not play a factor in the book and certainly not in her relationship with Henry, and I think that could have been another avenue to explore.

Overall, I enjoyed Weekend with You but just wish either (a) Henry had more redeeming qualities other than the instant attraction Lucy obviously felt upon meeting him so that I'd be more invested in their potential relationship and/or (b) that the focus was more on the friendships in the warehouse loft vs. the romance that may or may not happen.

NOTE: Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher fofr an advance readers copy in exchange for an honest review.

When American Lucy is kicked out of her London apartment, she moves in with her bestie Raj and her roommates in a converted warehouse in North London. The group of roommates spend one weekend a month hanging out together on whatever weekend Henry, a photographer and one of the roommates, is in town. Each chapter of the book follows the group on their warehouse weekends and the course of a relationship between Lucy and Henry.

I love London. I was lucky enough to live there for a semester during college and have traveled back several times, so I was super excited for this book. Unfortunately, it fell flat for me. The author is American and I could tell. There were several small mistakes that show me she has never lived in London. Things like references to Venmo / Venmoing (Venmo doesn’t exist in the U.K.), references to clearly American medications like Tylenol (brand does not exist in the U.K) and bottles of ibuprofen (its sold in blister packs not bottles in the U.K.), and illogical directions (taking a tube from Borough Market to s instead of a bus) among other details drove me crazy and I don’t know if I should blame the author or the editor who let it slide (I read a finished copy so I know this will not be fixed between the release of the ARC and the book). Also as someone who has had several fiends try to navigate the absolute nightmare that is the U.K.’s work visa system, there is no way Lucy would have been able to have a job as a florist in the U.K. Look I know contemporary romances are set in fantasy / idealized versions of their setting but they have to be in touch with reality.

Okay, now on to the romance… or lack there of. I’m not a fan of Henry. He is absolutely awful to Lucy and there is no way their HEA will last. The format of the book does not lend itself to a romance at all because we’re not seeing the pair together. In one chapter they begin to date and by the next one they’re breaking up. We’re told they have been texting and Facetiming in the month between chapters but because we don’t have any of that content we as readers have no emotional investment in their relationship. Could they be adorable together? sure. Do we see any of that to know? no. To be honest, Lucy is also not that great. Henry at least was honest about where he was emotionally whereas Lucy couldn’t make up her damn mind and is prone to jumping to conclusions based on nothing, which comes across as immature. Actually both of them come across as extremely immature in their relationship. I honestly don’t get what they see in each other, because again the format of the book does not fit a romance.

The best parts of the book were the group of friends having fun together on their warehouse weekends and Lucy’s florist job. I would have loved a book that was just that. That could have been a wonderful women’s fiction book. I found the friendship dynamics to be fun and they lend themselves well to the format of the book only showing us one weekend a month. I would have loved to learn more about this fun quirky cast of characters and have the story develop Lucy’s relationship with the group as a whole. The writing itself was easy to read and I essentially read the whole thing in two evenings, so I have hope for Alexandra’s future as an author, but this one just didn’t work for me.

Thank you to Avon for the gifted copy, and Avon and NetGalley for the digital ARC in exchange for an honest review.

i am so thankful that i got to read this book early! thank you so much to the publishers and to netgalley. what a lovely story this was!! it was fantastic and sweet and precious and lovely in every single way!!!

This is a slow burn novel by necessity because the male hero, Henry, travels through Europe as a photographer and only comes back to London once a month to spend a weekend hanging out with his seven roommates. Lucy, the heroine, has moved into this apartment suite made out of an old warehouse and, as soon as she meets Henry, she’s attracted to him as he is to her. So it’s fully a physical attraction. And given that they only spend a bit of time together in the midst of the roommate gatherings, they don’t really get to know each other. So I felt that the novel was missing any real reason why they were so deeply drawn to each other.

Add in that Henry doesn’t know himself. I don’t understand this supposed career he has. He travels around spending a month at a time taking pictures of musical bands at different locations around Europe. Really? Do bands or venues need someone to be there for a month to take their photos? And, supposedly, this is a business model for other photographers that his boss is trying out. I don’t believe it. It just is a convenient framework for Henry to be lost about who he is while traveling to different locations every month.

Since Lucy wants to stay in London and work at the florist shop where she’s worked ever since she moved there from New York, this causes problems. Henry keeps blowing hot and cold with her. He’ll talk about how he wants to see where their relationship can go with calling and texting each other all month and then hanging out together for one weekend a month. He hints that maybe he might be willing to return to London then later says he’s not sure. So, justifiably, she realizes that the relationship isn’t going anywhere.

I really got to dislike Henry. He seems to have little substance as he wanders around the continent trying to find himself. The other guy that Lucy meets seems like a much better match and the fact that she prefers Henry just seems like an artifact of the novel the author wanted to write.

I did however like the dynamic between these disparate roommates and loved the idea that they set aside one weekend a month to try new things together. That is the sort of roommate set-up a lot of us would have liked in our early twenties when we were just starting out.

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book that I received from Netgalley; however, the opinions are my own and I did not receive any compensation for my review.

I was intrigued by the concept of the storyline taking place one weekend a month and the cast of characters being a warehouse full of roommates/found family, however, the plot quickly became a bit repetitive to me. I also just could not get over the constant hot and cold romance and found myself losing interest. I think the one weekend a month thing backfired because it was hard to connect to the romance when we barely saw them interact and when they basically broke up and got back together every other time they saw each other.

That was an interesting idea to a love story. I haven't read one quite like this and it was definitely enjoyable. Time moves effortlessly with the story and all the filler info you typically read in books isn't needed because the point of the story are their weekends together. There were laugh out loud funny moments and the banter amongst the roommates was the best. You felt apart of their lives and by the end I was jealous because I wanted to be part of the friend group. Great new adult read!

A light rom com about Lucy, a florist, and Henry, a photographer. Set in London, it's a tale of missed connections and communication woes that eventually resolve for these two trope-y but engaging characters. Thanks to the publisher for the ARC. A good read.

This was ok, it started well enough introducing all the flatmates, and it’s set in London, which is one of my favorite cities, and Lucy was charming, but I just couldn’t understand what she saw in Henry, who seemed quite aloof, but then all it’s fixed and all it’s good, again it was ok but not one that will stay with me.

I always love a cozy romance, I enjoyed this one very much. Thank you to the publishing team for granting me this arc.

I received this book from Netgalley for an honest review.

Weekends with You is a story about eight flatmates who all live in a warehouse and are close like a real family in London. Lucy is a florist, who moves into the warehouse since her best friend Raja lives there, after not being able to afford her current living situation. When she moves, she meets Henry, a photographer who is only home one weekend a month, if that. Slowly, Lucy and Henry begin to form a relationship that has a ton of heartache and happiness. Henry is trying to find his home and isn't sure London is home for him and Lucy just wants to know if he is going to stay and be with her or if he's going to move, as planned.

I really enjoyed this story. I like that each chapter is a new month, therefore, a new Warehouse Weekend (a time where all the flatmates are together and enjoy activities set up by one another). In each chapter there was also a small recap of what happened in everyones lives over the past month. I felt like that cut out a lot of unnecessary text that may not have gone well with the story. I think my favorite thing about the book was the banter and relationships among all the flatmates. Honestly, I felt like I was watching a movie as I read this book. It did start off a little slow for me but after a few chapters, I really wanted to continue reading. When it comes to Lucy and Henry's relationship, I'm not sure how I feel. I really liked Lucy and the growth she showed throughout the book. I liked Henry at first, but when he kept making Lucy think they were going to work and then breaking it off and then apologizing, it made me dislike him. I felt horrible for Lucy with the things he said and I know she kept going back to him, but they did live together so I can imagine how those feelings would still linger after not seeing each other for so long and not having proper closure.

Overall, it was a great book and story. I would recommend it.