Cover Image: The Highlander's Bride

The Highlander's Bride

The Highlander's Bride, the first book in the Highland Trouble series, by Amanda Forester was an enchanting tale of gallantry and honor. Held to their own high moral standards the hero and heroine made a valiant effort throughout the story to distance their growing attraction and blossoming love. A well developed, fun and eclectic supporting cast brought further depth to this work. Full of action, this novel only built in momentum as the characters battled one obstacle after another. Engaging dialog and deeds made this expertly written tale a pleasurable read.
*I received this ARC via Netgalley.*
The story of Colette and Sir Gavin is well written and contains strong characters. Their relationship is built during their adventure to deliver Colette to her betrothed. Colette is a true character of her upbringing and Sir Gavin views her as cold and unfeeling because of the way she was raised to be seen and not heard and to be a true possession of her father's.
A rich highlander story with vivid scenes and fantastic characters. Don't miss this series.
This is the first story in Highland Trouble series and I found it very easy to read. The characters were well written, plot a bit simplistic and romance sweet and tender.

But what this author does best is bring Highland history to life and that’s been the draw for me. She weaves historical facts and fiction seamlessly and forces the reader to live alongside the people of the world she creates.

If you’ve ever wondered about Hundred Years War, and the sides that fought it, you’ll learn about it in this story. You’ll also get to know our hero, who was one of those Alpha males that were true to their calling and his devotion to it was admirable. I thoroughly enjoyed his dilemma and was chuckling all through the story.

It took me a bit longer to warm up to the heroine, but as the story developed, so was her true nature and by the end of the story I liked her and whole heartedly approved of her character.

Whether you’re into men in kilts or not, I promise that you’ll love this story.

Melanie for b2b