Cover Image: Winning Texas

Winning Texas

Set in Houston, Annie Price an investigative editor is called to find out the facts of a body found in the Houston Ship Canal

This murder mystery is a fabulous read, There is a lot of drama and oh so many twists.

Price is a brilliant character and I loved getting to know her and her'secrets'

I hope there will be another such as this, I was gripped with the plot and it was definitely the book for me
Solid writing, interesting peek into the newspaper world, great characters, and a super twist at the end!  Definitely worth your time.
I liked Winning Texas so much that I immediately set out to find the first book in this series, Saving Texas. I enjoyed Winning Texas even without knowing the pretext of the female protagonist, Annie. It was a fast-paced story of a journalist who ends up putting herself in more danger than she should for her story. Murder, lying, mayhem and greed consume the subjects she and her colleagues end up connecting with. Mrs. Stancill has written a great followup to what I am sure will be a great read for me now.