ReWired

Pub Date 28 Aug 2017 | Archive Date Not set

"Delving into the world of underground hacking, REWIRED crackles with tension. I loved every cyber-second I was immersed in Ada's world!”— Kimberly Derting, author of YA thriller series' The Body Finder, The Pledge, and The Taking.

16-year-old Ada Lovelace is never more alive and sure of herself than when she’s hacking into a “secure” network as her alter ego, the Dark Angel. In the real world, Ada is broken, reeling from her best friend Simone’s recent suicide. But online, the reclusive daughter of Senator Lovelace (champion of the new Technology Privacy Bill) is a daring white hat hacker and the only female member of the Orwellians, an elite group responsible for a string of high-profile hacks against major corporations, with a mission to protect the little guy.

Eventually Ada is caught and sent to ReBoot, a technology rehab facility for teens…the same rehab Simone attended right before killing herself.
​Soon,  Ada realizes Simone’s suicide is just one in an increasingly suspicious string of “accidental” deaths and “suicides” occurring just after kids leave ReBoot, Ada knows she can’t leave without figuring out what really happened to her best friend. She uncovers a cyber conspiracy that will threaten everything she cares about–her dad’s career, her new relationship with a wry, handsome, reformed hacker, Fisher, who gets under her skin, and most of all–the Dark Angel.

With a deliciously twisty plot, the topical bite of Cory Doctorow's LITTLE BROTHER, ReWIRED delves into technology addiction, internet privacy, and corporate/government collection of data.

Advance Praise

Praise for S.R. Johannes

"Untraceable... a thrilling story that is a dramatic entanglement of mystery, deception and teen romance.  The action flows like a brisk mountain stream interspersed with rapids, holding suspense to last page." — Kirkus Review

Praise for ReWired

"Delving into the world of underground hacking, REWIRED crackles with tension. I loved every cyber-second I was immersed in Ada's world!” — Kimberly Derting, author of YA thriller series' The Body Finder, The Pledge, and The Taking.

Timely and terrifying, Johannes shows us just how easy it is to find a trapdoor into anyone's life. After reading REWIRED, I'm never getting on the internet again!" — Romily Bernard, YA author of Find Me thriller series and Never Apart

"ReWired is a tenderhearted, thought-provoking young adult thriller that makes you update your passwords and call your best friend (and request to hang out in person away from all video feeds.) — Courtney Stevens, author of Dress Codes for Small Towns and Faking Normal

Praise for S.R. Johannes

"Untraceable... a thrilling story that is a dramatic entanglement of mystery, deception and teen romance. The action flows like a brisk mountain stream interspersed with...

EDITION Ebook
PRICE 3.99

<b>ARC Review: Received for free via Netgalley for an honest review. All opinions are my own.</b> CW: ableist slurs, mentions of panic attack, murder, attempted murder, kidnapping, death threats, mentions of death Some of the chapter titles were amazing tbh and that probably the one thing I enjoyed the most. The story itself was meh for me. I guess this is for a younger audience which means the writer isn't going to go too hard on some topics, but I feel like the descriptions of the hacks was a little too vague, like a bit more could've been added, maybe. I think the thing that bothered me most is how inconsistent the main character is, like her feeling towards certain characters shifted so quickly it kind of confused me, made me feel like there were things in the story I was missing. I don't know, maybe I did miss some things and didn't realise it. For me it felt as if the story was jumping too quickly and everything that was happening was happening too easily, and it was all too convenient. Like even the bad things that happened seemed convenient and were easily worked out. And sometimes the dialogue was so cringy I needed a moment to recollect. And the plot twists were just ugh, I couldn't take them seriously. There was one that happened somewhere at the 76% that just yikes. Again me I missed important clues throughout the book, but some of these twists just seemed to get dropped out of nowhere. I wanted to love this book so much, but lol, I couldn't by the end and that makes me sad. (Id probably read a second book of the series, just coz)