A Chorus Rises
A Song Below Water novel
by Bethany C. Morrow
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 01 Jun 2021 | Archive Date Not set
Macmillan-Tor/Forge, Tor Teen
THE LATEST NOVEL FROM YA SENSATION BETHANY C. MORROW
Meet Naema Bradshaw: a beautiful Eloko, once Portland-famous, now infamous, as she navigates a personal and public reckoning where confronting the limits of her privilege will show Naema what her magic really is, and who it makes her.
Teen influencer Naema Bradshaw has it all: she’s famous, stylish, gorgeous--and she’s an Eloko, a charismatic person gifted with a melody that people adore. Everyone loves her--until she's cast as the villain who exposed a Siren to the whole world.
Dragged by the media, and canceled by her fans, no one understands her side: not her boyfriend, not her friends, not even her fellow Eloko. Villified by those closest to her, Naema heads to the Southwest where she is determined to stage a comeback... to her family, her real self, and the truth about her magic. What she finds is a new community in a flourishing group of online fans who support her.
At first, it feels like it used to--the fandom, the adoration, the community that takes her side--but when her online advocates start targeting other Black girls, Naema will realize that--for Black girls like her--even the privilege of fame has its limits. And only Naema can discover the true purpose of her power, and how to use it.
“A watery and melodic crossroads of the real and the mythic, A Chorus Rises lures readers with its seductive and beautifully Black siren song. An enthralling tale of Black girl magic and searing social commentary ready to rattle the bones.” —Dhonielle Clayton, New York Times bestselling author of The Belles series
A Chorus Rises is a timely confrontation of the evolving nature of popularity in a society that chooses "exceptions" and rewards "model minorities."
- National print and online media campaign
- National author tour
- Extensive national print and online advertising campaign, targeting BIPOC YA readers and readers of YA fantasy
- Prepublication buzz campaign, including trade and consumer advertising
- Early-reader review programs via NetGalley, Shelf Awareness, Book Riot, and YA book festivals
- Major ARC distribution to media, booksellers, YA influencers, and industry big mouths
- Indie Next campaign
- Major digital marketing campaign to include partnering with BIPOC YA influencers, content reveals, author videos, newsletter promotions, sweepstakes, custom social assets, and extensive coverage on Tor Teen’s social media platforms
- Preorder sweepstakes with limited edition promotional item
- Digital preview
- Featured title in #BlackSistersUnite campaign
- Cross-promotions with We Need Diverse Books
- Extensive school and library marketing including conference promotions
Available on NetGalley
Readers who liked this book also liked:
Catherine V. Holmes
David R. Slayton
Dana L. Davis
Cinda Williams Chima