Yinka, Where Is Your Huzband?

A Novel

Pub Date 18 Jan 2022 | Archive Date Not set
PENGUIN GROUP Viking, Pamela Dorman Books

Talking about this book? Use #YinkaWhereIsYourHuzband #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

“So modern and fresh. I adore Yinka.” —Emily Henry, #1 New York Times bestselling author of People We Meet on Vacation

“Feel good, funny, and clever.” –Josie Silver, New York Times bestselling author of One Day in December

Meet Yinka: a thirty-something, Oxford-educated, British Nigerian woman with a well-paid job, good friends, and a mother whose constant refrain is “Yinka, where is your huzband?”

Yinka’s Nigerian aunties frequently pray for her delivery from singledom, her work friends think she’s too traditional (she’s saving herself for marriage!), her girlfriends think she needs to get over her ex already, and the men in her life…well, that’s a whole other story.  But Yinka herself has always believed that true love will find her when the time is right.
     Still, when her cousin gets engaged, Yinka commences Operation Find-A-Date for Rachel's Wedding. Aided by a spreadsheet and her best friend, Yinka is determined to succeed. Will Yinka find herself a huzband? And what if the thing she really needs to find is herself?
    Yinka, Where is Your Huzband? brilliantly subverts the traditional romantic comedy with an unconventional heroine who bravely asks the questions we all have about love. Wry, acerbic, moving, this is a love story that makes you smile but also makes you think--and explores what it means to find your way between two cultures, both of which are yours.