Hear's the Thing

Lessons on Listening, Life, and Love

Pub Date 09 Nov 2021 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #HearstheThing #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

In our noise-filled world, where everyone is so quick to speak, the fine art of listening is often lost. When we slow down and give someone our full attention, we offer them a safe place to be fully heard and accepted.

Hear’s the Thing is a story about what is possible when someone is brave enough to listen to others… and, ultimately, themselves without judgement.

For Cody Alan, one of country music’s most famous on-air radio and TV personalities, listening to other people has always been a crucial part of his role. It was by fostering his ability to hear others that he discovered the person he most needed to listen to was himself. Listening ultimately led him on a journey of self-discovery where he found the courage to come out as gay, the openness to question spiritually, and the strength to explore a new definition of parenting and family.

In his debut memoir, Hear’s the Thing, Cody shares some of the many lessons he’s learned along the way, including:

How to actively listen with empathy and without judgmentWhy a willingness to “let people in” better equips you to receive from othersHow genuine attentiveness can help you build healthier and deeper relationships

Cody’s story will inspire you to hear that inner voice that is leading you to a deeper connection with yourself and the people around you.

Marketing Plan

Strategic book announcements and preorder offers to the iHeartRadio and CMT networks ​

Preorder event planned for 2021 CMA Music Festival (June 10–13) ​

Supported by Cody Alan’s extensive social media following: Instagram (365K), Facebook (229K), and Twitter (243K) ​

Virtual events planned to support release week with author Q&As and select retail book signings ​

Marketing content includes videos, lifestyle images, advance reading copies, and dedicated landing page ​

Advertising planned for Facebook and Instagram ​

Hometown: Nashville, TN ​

Preorder event planned for 2021 CMA Music Festival (June 10–13) ​

Supported by Cody Alan’s extensive social media...

Send To Kindle (PDF)