The Younger Wife

A Novel

Pub Date 05 Apr 2022 | Archive Date 19 Apr 2022

Sally Hepworth, the newest breakout star of domestic suspense delivers her next twisty novel about family secrets and lies in The Younger Wife.

Stephen Aston is getting married again. The only problem is, he's still married to his first wife, even though she is in a care facility for dementia. But he'll take care of that easily, by divorcing her--even if his adult daughters protest.

Tully and Rachel Aston look upon Heather as nothing but an interloper. Heather is the same age as Rachel and even younger than Tully. Clearly she's a golddigger and after their father's money. Heather has secrets that she's keeping close, and reasons of her own for wanting to marry Stephen.

With their mother unable to speak for herself, Tully and Rachel are determined to get to the truth about their family's secrets, the new wife closing in, and who their father really is. But will getting to the truth unleash the most dangerous impulses...in all of them?

Stephen Aston is getting married again. The only problem...

Date reviewed/posted: August 25, 2021 Publication date: April 5, 2022 Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read and review an advanced reader's copy of this book. This in no way affects my review, all opinions are my own. Oh, this is a little too B. Smith for me (google that and what her hubby did to her!) but nonetheless an excellent novel by an author whose works I love. Well written, engaging characters and it will make you question ... can you trust your own spouse? (Made you think, didn't I?) Do you trust them to not forget you when you cannot remember them? I will recommend this book to friends, family, patrons, book clubs, and people reading books in the park as we do โ€ฆ I have had some of my best conversations about books down by the Thames! As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I simply adore emojis (outside of their incessant use by "๐Ÿ™-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube Millionaires/snowflakes / literally-like-overusers etc. ") on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it ๐Ÿ‘ฐ๐Ÿ‘ฐ๐Ÿ‘ฐ๐Ÿ‘ฐ๐Ÿ‘ฐ

Couldn't put this novel down and read it in one day. Two sisters have to navigate their father falling in love with a younger woman while their mother languishes in a dementia ward. Drama ensues at the wedding and the deceitfuless and the confusion that permeates the family dynamics comes to an unfortunate tipping point. Loved it!

๐’ฏ๐ป๐ธ ๐’ด๐’ช๐’ฐ๐’ฉ๐’ข๐ธ๐‘… ๐’ฒ๐ผ๐น๐ธ ๐’ท๐“Ž ๐’ฎ๐’œ๐ฟ๐ฟ๐’ด๐ป๐ธ๐’ซ๐’ฒ๐’ช๐‘…๐’ฏ๐ป ๐‘…๐‘’๐“๐‘’๐’ถ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐’น๐’ถ๐’ป๐‘’ 04/05/2022 This book centers around the wedding of Stephen and Heather. Heather is the same age as his children Tully, the shoplifting, fake life till you make it, flat broke and neurotic daughter, and Rachel whoโ€™s never been married, a gifted baker, lonely, and a tiny more stable daughter. Heather โ€œthe younger wifeโ€ comes from nothing but has worked (and weaseled her way) up the interior designing ladder. Life hasnโ€™t been good to her, but it will be once sheโ€™s married. Did I mention Stephen was married to Rachel and Tullyโ€™s mom when they met. she has severe dementia and lives in a private nursing home. He divorces her and sets forth with getting married to heather. The book is told in Tully, Rachelโ€™s, and heathers POV. This book is a come to Jesus moment for a lot of the characters. I love sally Hepworths books, she has a fan for life with me. This may be my favorite so far โ€ฆ. ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ SฬˆฬคTฬˆฬคAฬˆฬคRฬˆฬคSฬˆฬค #booklover #bookworm #bookish #instabook #bibliophile #booknerd #bookstagrammer #bookaddict #booksofinstagram #igreads #instabooks #readersofinstagram #bookblogger #booklovers #bookstagramfeature #bookrecommendations #instareads #bookstagrammers #booknerds #bookblogging #arcbooks #theyoungerwife #sallyhepworth

I loved this story! The characters were really written well and developed wonderfully. This was a hinge tasting premise and I couldnโ€™t put it down. I just had to know how it would all end! Highly recommended. Thanks NetGalley and St. Martinโ€™s Press for access to this ARC.

Fun, fast-paced and filled with rich character development-- Sally Hepworth continues to be one of my favorite authors for a suspenseful read. The Younger Wife is told through multiple viewpoints, and each character is fresh, flawed, and very real. I was pulled into this story and was kept wondering what the outcome would be for the two main mysteries. An amazing page-turner! Sometimes things arenโ€™t quite what they seem...

The Younger Wife, by Sally Hepworth, was an absolute ROMP of a book. I thoroughly enjoyed my time reading it and had trouble putting it aside. A light read, touching on some darker subject matter, The Younger Wife was well written and the characters largely engaging. I recommend this book for an easy, well written read. Thank you to St Martin's Press and Netgalley for an ARC edition of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I received this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. I loved this book, so much different layers of many plot lines tied beautifully together. I thought the book was going to fall down a predictable path of the unreliable narrator, but the author didn't. I flip- flopped many times trying to guess the twist throughout the book, and I was not disappointed. The ending was a bit wild, leaving readers unsure of the final answer- did he or didn't he? I guess we'll never know the truth.

I loved this book. Family ties, old lies, the white elephant in the room no one speaks of. Fearless reaction to a โ€˜gutโ€™ feeling. Women sticking up for each other is a feeling like no other. So many times women are manipulated by their needs: shelter, funds, care, safety, security; these things we have been groomed to believe can only be derived from one source. Lead on ladies.