Sweep of Stars
by Maurice Broaddus
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 29 Mar 2022 | Archive Date Not set
Macmillan-Tor/Forge, Tor Books
Maurice Broaddus's Sweep of Stars is the first in a trilogy that explores the struggles of an empire. Epic in scope and intimate in voice, it follows members of the Muungano empire – a far-reaching coalition of city-states that stretches from O.E. (original earth) to Titan – as it faces an escalating series of threats.
"The beauty in blackness is its ability to transform. Like energy we are neither created nor destroyed, though many try." - West African Proverb
The Muungano empire strived and struggled to form a utopia when they split away from old earth. Freeing themselves from the endless wars and oppression of their home planet in order to shape their own futures and create a far-reaching coalition of city-states that stretched from Earth and Mars to Titan.
With the wisdom of their ancestors, the leadership of their elders, the power and vision of their scientists and warriors they charted a course to a better future. But the old powers could not allow them to thrive and have now set in motion new plots to destroy all that they've built.
In the fire to come they will face down their greatest struggle yet.
Amachi Adisa and other young leaders will contend with each other for the power to galvanize their people and chart the next course for the empire.
Fela Buhari and her elite unit will take the fight to regions not seen by human eyes, but no training will be enough to bring them all home.
Stacia Chikeke, captain of the starship Cypher, will face down enemies across the stars, and within her own vessel, as she searches for the answers that could save them all.
The only way is forward.
- National author tour
- National print and online publicity campaign
- National consumer advertising including venues such as Black Nerd Problems, Goodreads, Book Riot, The Mary Sue, NPR.org, Fandom, and Den of Geek
- Early-reader trade and consumer review campaign including advertising, major ARC mailings, giveaways via Shelf Awareness, Goodreads and NetGalley
-Social media influencer campaign
- Digital marketing campaign, featuring author posts, worldbuilding and meet the cast features, quizzes, art reveals, newsletter promotions, teaser excerpts and more
- Digital preview
- Extensive Tor.com promotions including excerpts and review
Available on NetGalley
Readers who liked this book also liked:
We Are Bookish
Sean Platt and Johnny B. Truant
C. J. Tudor