I Am Thinking My Life

Pub Date 15 Feb 2022 | Archive Date 15 Feb 2022

Talking about this book? Use #IAmThinkingMyLife #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Bursting with imagination, this ode to positive thought demonstrates a young girl’s ability to use the power of her mind to transform her world. (Ages 3-7)

I am thinking my life.
Every day.
I am creating a universe.
I am communicating with the world.
I think stars. I see stars.
I am stars.
I think myself smiling. I see myself smiling.
I am smiling.
I am sculpting my world. I am clay. I am motion. I am light.
I am what I think.

Follow along as a young girl discovers the relationship between her thoughts, actions, and her place in the world. This empowering story is all about dreaming, doing, and becoming, and how the power of positive thinking can transform our lives—and the lives of those around us—forever.

I am thinking my life.
Every day.
I am...

Send to Kindle (PDF)

A young girl contemplates the power of her thoughts to shape her feelings, her actions, and her world. She recognizes that her thoughts can control a lot of what she sees and feels and she realizes the power she has to direct her thoughts. She envisions herself in powerful and positive ways.

Although the message of this story is affirming and uplifting, it's the art that's the real standout. This book is visually stunning! Each page is full of vivid, detailed, absolutely gorgeous illustrations that are just mesmerizing. Kids will love the way they bring the story to life. This is a wonderful book for pre-K and early elementary and would make a great addition to school and classroom libraries.

Many thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review!

An absolutely beautiful picture book about the power of creativity and positive thinking. The words are beautiful, the art is engaging and lovely, and the message is excellent. Highly recommend!

This is a beautifully written story that reads as self affirmations. Our main character talks about what they are and they become it. I highly recommend this story for children struggling with self confidence or looking to find their place in the world.

Breathtaking. This book is a wonderful introduction for children into the power of manifestation and self affirmation. Readers see the character thinking, feeling, and being all the things she imagines. Well written and powerfully illustrated. I would recommend this book for anyone hoping to raise their child with confidence and a strong connection to self.

Medium brown skinned girl celebrates the beauty of her inner life without ignoring the hard places as well. A joyful own voices celebration of a contemplative life the author doesn't get overly optimistic or unnecessarily dark. The illustrations pop off the page and give the story movement. The text is lyrical and not forced. The text was small in comparison to the bright, bold pictures. This story of inward joy and healing is a must have for all libraries.

This book was so cute and the illustrations were beautiful. Best of all, this book is filled with countless examples of positive self- talk! I swear, if you throw mantra’s into the world they will manifest! This little one is thinking her life and all the things she *is* doing and will do. As a teacher, I see many students that have negative self talk and focus so much on the things they can’t do, they forget of all the things they are already doing and what they will be able to do in time.
I plan on purchasing a copy for my classroom library!
Thank you @netgalley for the ARC e-reader

Review posted on my Instagram @lizzies_little_library_

I Am Thinking My Life is a beautifully illustrated book about a little girl who is her own biggest fan. She is so aware she is constantly talking herself up and creating her reality through positive self-talk. My only concern would be teachers' uncomfortable with the sentence structure of 'I am thinking my life.' other than that I loved this book.