Little Eve

Pub Date 11 Oct 2022 | Archive Date 11 Oct 2022

Talking about this book? Use #LittleEve #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

From Catriona Ward, the international bestselling author of The Last House on Needless Street comes Little Eve, a heart-pounding tale of faith and family, with a devastating twist.

Winner of the Shirley Jackson Award for Best Novel.

“A great day is upon us. He is coming. The world will be washed away.”

On the wind-battered isle of Altnaharra, off the wildest coast of Scotland, a clan prepares to bring about the end of the world and its imminent rebirth.

The Adder is coming and one of their number will inherit its powers. They all want the honor, but young Eve is willing to do anything for the distinction.

A reckoning beyond Eve’s imagination begins when Chief Inspector Black arrives to investigate a brutal murder and their sacred ceremony goes terribly wrong.

And soon all the secrets of Altnaharra will be uncovered.

Winner of the...

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

Ive never read a Catriona Ward book before, but I think this one just made me a fan! This was a fun and dark twisty gothic horror. It hit the spot perfectly! I’ll definitely be adding a physical copy to my library, especially since release day is my birthday!

This is the third novel I’ve read from Ward and once again she delivers. As with all her work she has the uncanny ability to sublimely weave a grisly tale that never takes the assumed path and keeps you guessing to the end. The story takes place in the 1920’s on a secluded rocky coast of Scotland with children being raised by Uncle. Catriona creates details so vivid that you can feel the cold of the sea and character depth like very few can accomplish. Highly recommended - Violence, subtle abuse

Eve and Dinah are everything to each other never parted day and night they are raised among the a community of strays and orphans ruled by a mysterious figure they call uncle all they know is the grey isle of altnaharra which sits in the black sea off the wildest coast of Scotland Eve loves the free savage life of the isle and longs to inherit uncle’s power she is untroubled save by her dreams of soft arms and a woman singing Dinah longs for something other but the world is at war and cannot be kept at bay
Totally enjoyable read I couldn’t put it down totally recommend
Thank You NetGalley and Macmillan-Tor/Forge
I just reviewed Little Eve by Catriona Ward. #LittleEve #NetGalley

Extraordinary! Wow really! Great story and also amazing writing! I just blow away! Definitely a must read!

I wasn’t sure what to expect from his book but I ended up really loving it. It’s an apocalyptic book that’s extremely interesting and easy to read. It read extremely fast and I really loved the plot.