Typecast

A Novel

Pub Date 13 Sep 2022 | Archive Date 12 Sep 2022
Girl Friday Productions, Girl Friday Books

Talking about this book? Use #Typecast #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Callie Dressler thought she’d put her past where it belonged—behind her. But when her ex-boyfriend brings their breakup to the big screen, she can no longer deny that their history has been looming over her all along.

At thirty-one, Callie Dressler is finally comfortable in her own skin. She loves her job as a preschool teacher, and although living in her vacant childhood home isn’t necessarily what dreams are made of, the space is something she never could have afforded if she’d stayed in New York City. She knows her well-ordered life will be upended when her type A, pregnant sister, Nina; adorable four-year-old niece; and workaholic brother-in-law move in, but how could she say no when they needed a place to crash during their remodel? As Nina pointed out, it’s still their parents’ house, even if their mom and dad have relocated.

As if adjusting to this new living situation isn’t enough, the universe sends Callie another wrinkle: her college boyfriend—who Callie dumped ten years earlier for reasons known only to her—has a film coming out, and the screenplay is based on their real-life breakup. While the movie consumes her thoughts, Callie can’t help wondering if Nina and her friends are right that she hasn’t moved on. When a complication with Nina’s pregnancy brings Callie in close contact with Nina’s smart and funny architect, Callie realizes she’d better figure out whether she wants to open the door to the past—or risk missing out on her future.

Advance Praise

“A smart, endearing heroine; an enjoyable, entertaining story; and a hopeful, satisfying ending. Callie revisits the past with her ex to make sense of her present love life, making Typecast a fun mix of rom-com and women’s fiction. Full of heartfelt charm, humor, and truth, Stein’s debut is exactly the book I’d been craving. Perfect for fans of Marian Keyes and Josie Silver. A very delightful read!”
—Angela Terry, award-winning author of Charming Falls Apart and The Trials of Adeline Turner

“With patience and realism, Andrea J. Stein explores the complexities of first love, family dynamics, and adulting. A relatable journey fraught with growing pains, Typecast reminds us that in order to truly evolve—and find new, lasting love—we must first accept the past and ourselves.” —Nora Zelevansky, author of Competitive Grieving

“Insightful and bighearted and oh-so-deliciously page-turning, Typecast is like a road trip with friends, complete with detours and surprises and wildly satisfying moments. A perfect next read for fans of Camille Pagán and Kristy Woodson Harvey, Stein’s Typecast is a don’t-miss debut!” —Amy Impellizzeri, award-winning author of I Know How This Ends and In Her Defense

“In lively, sparkling prose, Andrea J. Stein’s Typecast offers keenly observed insights about family, friendship, and figuring out who you want to be when you grow up. Alternating between the heroine’s past and her present, Typecast is a portrait of a woman rewriting her own future.” —Jenn Stroud Rossmann, author of The Place You’re Supposed to Laugh

Marketing Plan

Anticipated endorsements from bestselling women’s fiction authors

Extensive blog tour

Prepublication buzz campaign

Digital galley distribution on Edelwiss and NetGalley

GoodReads/Listopia placement

Listing and pricing promotions through GFB's Aerio store

ARC and finished book mailings to trade and select consumer publications

BookBub Featured Deal submission

GoodReads/Listopia placement

...

ISBN 9781954854659

Send to Kindle (PDF)

I really, really enjoyed this book. I was hooked from the very beginning, and really fell in love with the characters and story.
This book didn’t leave me bored for a minute, I was immediately glued and hooked to my Kindle.
A quick, easy and cute read. One that I enjoyed very much.
This is my first novel by Andrea J. Stein and I hope to read more of her work in the future.

“I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”

Girl Friday Books,
Thank You for your generosity and gifting me a copy of this amazing eARC!
I will post my review to my platforms, blog, B&N and Waterstone closer to pub date.

I really enjoyed this book - I appreciated the thorough and more realistic lifestyle that the main character, Callie, has, and i think this helped the novel be more interesting and relatable for readers like me (minus the part about having a movie written about you!)

Some parts in the flashbacks were more confusing, but I really liked the inclusion of this as it provided much more insight into Callie and Ethan’s past. I enjoyed Stein’s writing style and the overall plot and development of Callie’s relationships with Nina and Ben throughout the novel.

Loved this book! I loved the journey the main character went on and really appreciated that it ended the way that it did. Very recommended..

This ARC was provided to me via Kindle, Girl Friday Productions and by #NetGalley. Opinions expressed are completely my own.

Easy, quick, cute read. Read it all in one sitting.

I received this ARC courtesy of Net Galley and the publisher.
Callie and Ethan dated in college, now 10 years later he’s written a movie about their relationship. Callie struggles with if she’s actually moved on or if she’s stuck in the past.
I found myself to be more interested in the flashbacks of Callie and Ethan’s relationship as it developed. To be honest I would love to watch the movie Ethan is making!

Overall a cute, easy, enjoyable read!

An enjoyable, breezy read! Callie is happy in her career as a preschool teacher and feels content overall with her life. That is, until news reaches her that her ex-boyfriend (Ethan) has written a screenplay about their breakup and that screenplay is about to be a major motion picture. Callie starts thinking about the past and wonders whether she has truly moved on in the decade since the breakup.

The novel alternates from the present (“after” in third person) to the past (“before” in Callie’s POV). I found the “after” sections to be more compelling but also appreciated getting some backstory and insight into Callie’s relationship with Ethan. Callie was very likable and I was satisfied with how her story evolved and concluded. 3.5 stars.

Many thanks to Girl Friday Productions and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this ARC.

I received a copy of this book through NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

A very fresh and cute read, i loved that it was a very realistic read and with good representations, the romance is great and so is the 2 protagonists Callie and Ethan. I also loved the 2 time lines (before and after).
I recommend it!
Thanks Netgalley

Typecast has a light, breezy feel to the writing style, while providing an undercurrent of thought-provoking content. It’s the kind of read that sneaks up and might have you asking “what if” about some of your own life decisions.

Callie is a character that many readers will relate to. She’s a thirty-something woman caught between moving on to a future different than she’d planned, and holding on to a past she’s not sure she’s ready to let go of.

The timeline alternates between Callie’s college years, the “Before,” and her current situation, the “After.” Both are handled well, with a clear difference in Callie’s maturity.

I loved the resolution, which felt genuine.

First off i would like to that NetGalley and Girl Friday Productions for providing me with this ARC. If i could describe this book in one word it would be - relatable. I felt like the main character, Callie, could be me because of her relationships (unfortunate for me lol) and just being herself. She is very conflicted about her feelings when she finds out her ex-boyfriend is making a movie about the break up. But this makes her question if she wants to face her past or make the mistake of messing up the future. I enjoyed the author’s style of writing because it made all of Callie’s relationships, whether they were with Ethan, Nina or Ben, more realistic. Also the back and forth of the novel’s POV made the novel more insightful.

TYPECAST is a sweet, endearing read about a girl who is wondering if her college love should be back in her life. I’m sure we have all wondered if we made the right decision back in the day, and this book explores those feelings so well.
Our heroine Callie is 31 and unattached. Her family and friends are encouraging her to get out in the world and explore new relationships, however, Callie is reluctant to let go of the feelings she has for her college love, Ethan. It is noted early in the book that she broke up with him abruptly, and the author kept me interested by not explaining Callie’s reasons for doing so. The book switches points of view from “before”, which is told in first person perspective during Callie and Ethan’s college years, then “after”, which takes place many years after graduation and is told in third person perspective. I enjoyed reading Callie’s inner thoughts, which adds depth to the “after” narrative. I was unsure as to root for Callie and Ethan to get back together, or to hope that she hits it off with Ben, an architect that she meets later in the book.
All the characters feel real: Callie’s Type-A pregnant sister, her overbearing mother, and Callie’s many girlfriends. The dialogue between Callie and her girlfriends are spot-on – the gossip, encouragement, and bonding are all written well and made me smile.
Callie is a preschool teacher, who shows her nurturing side and makes her more appealing to the reader. She has a wonderful relationship with her young niece throughout the book, and some of the things that came out of her 4-year-old mouth were hilarious!
As the story progresses, the reader can see how Callie is maturing from the “before” days when she was joined at the hip with Ethan. The plot progresses with a will-she-or-won’t-she story arc about plans to meet up with her ex, which should hold the reader’s interest and keep those pages turning quickly. As I eagerly tore through the book, I had no idea who Callie would choose to be with, nor was I sure who would be the best match for her – old, sweet memories with Ethan or the chance to make new ones with Ben. This, to me, is the appeal of TYPECAST. The author did her best to encourage the reader to make their own opinion about the men in Callie’s life, while looking forward to see what choice she made.
TYPECAST is an excellent first novel! I could totally see this in movie form now that I am writing this review. It would surely be a standout rom-com that everyone would love.

3.5/5 Stars.

Everyone around Callie has an opinion about how she lives her life. She is a preschool teacher who still lives, rent free, in the house where she grew up. Now her Type A pregnant sister and her entire family is moving in while their home is renovated. On top of that, Callie’s ex college flame is a screenwriter who has written a movie that seems to be about their breakup after she dumped him ten years ago. Callie knows she will have to face him before she can move on with her life instead of coasting along as she has been.

Ugh, family! I related to Callie’s reaction to the well-meaning concern of her family and friends. Also, to her choice to end her relationship with Ethan so many years before. I enjoyed seeing her finally grow and face her demons. And I loved where she ended up.

Thanks to NetGalley and Girl Friday Productions for the opportunity to read and review this ARC.

Typecast is definitely about taking chances and living your life. It is a light read and well written. I love that it was relatable and showed being in your 30's in not a curse and that all stages of life you have to learn something new. It is a coming of age book for sure.

The world is so full of angst right now. Every time you look at the computer or on your phone, there is more bad news. Hence, it is sometimes wonderful to be able to escape into a kinder and gentler place; reading “Typecast” by debut author, Andrew Stein, was like that for me.

Callie, like many of us, wonders if she has lost her one true love. In college, Callie fell in love with Ethan and after graduation, they had planned to spend their lives together until Callie breaks up with Ethan via a phone call. Flash forward a decade and Callie discovers Ethan has written a script that is about to become a major motion picture. The storyline hits a little too close to home and Callie starts to question the choices she has made. Those choices include moving into her childhood home (while her parents retire to Florida) and working at a pre-school in suburban New Jersey versus trying to make it in New York City. But just as Callie thinks about contacting Ethan, someone new comes into her life and teaches her that there is plenty of potential when one looks ahead to her future.

The story is told through Callie’s perspective but the flashbacks to her college days are told via first person while her current life is told in third. Not only is Callie a likable and endearing character, but the author does an awesome job developing the supporting cast, including Callie’s bossy older sister, Nina, precocious niece, Zoe, and best friend/work colleague, Tess. I thought the male characters, including brother-in-law, Michael, and new love interest, Ben, could have been a bit more colorful, but clearly this is a novel where the women are in charge. Because most of my thirties involved me staying stagnant, I could relate to Callie’s inertia, though the reasons for it (and her break-up with Ethan) might have been developed more deeply. Yet, as a light-hearted story of a young woman finding her way, the narrative works. While this is an easy read, Callie does not always take the predictable path. Moreover, though dates are not referred to, because of some of the novel’s references (Michael uses a Blackberry), I sense the present portion of the story takes place either in the late aughts or early twenty-tens (and before our country went to hell in a hand basket).

If you are looking for a new author and great story, I highly recommend “Typecast.”

Thanks go to Andrea Stein, Girl Friday Productions and Netgalley for the opportunity to give “Typecast” an early read.

Loved this book! This was a fun read that I thoroughly enjoyed. I finished the book in two days I enjoyed it that much. Can't wait to read more by this author!

Typecast centres thirty-one-year-old Callie Dressler who is finally comfortable in her own skin. Callie loves her job as a preschool teacher and is settled back into her vacant childhood home to save money. But her well ordered life is upended when her pregnant sister Nina and her family move in whilst their house is being remodelled. As if adjusting to the new living situation isn’t enough, Callie’s college boyfriend – who she dumped ten years earlier for reasons only known to her – has a film coming out based on their real life breakup. Callie starts to think about the past and if she has truly moved on. When a complication in her sisters pregnancy brings Callie in close contact with Nina’s funny architect, Callie realises she had better confront her past – or risk missing out on her future.

I adored this book! It is a well written contemporary story that follows the highs and lows of Callie’s life, relationships, friendships, and family. Naturally, Callie looks back and wonders what her life would be like had she made different choices. The chapters alternate between present and past which keeps the story well-paced and gripping.

The book was easy to read despite that it focuses on some difficult realities, I loved that it was genuine and realistic. Callie was a fantastically written character who I grew to love as each chapter went on. I also really enjoyed that this book wasn’t predictable or typical In any way.

I highly recommend! A wonderful debut - thank you so much for giving me a chance to read it on netgalley.

This book is unique, I don't think I've ever read anything like this before.

Rating: 3/5

Synopsis:

Thank you, NetGalley for giving me this eARC!

Overall, this was a light, easy read. I think I just wanted more from it. I did enjoy how realistic Callie was! She is easy to relate to!

The synopsis caught my eye as I love when film is used in novels and it seemed a fascinating premise… your boyfriend writes a film about your breakup? Yikes!

This novel did not disappoint! Callie was a lovely yet realistic character, and I loved that throughout the novel you were both unravelling what happened all those years ago as well as working out what would happen. I was on the edge of my seat for the last third of the novel. I also loved how it wasn’t focused solely on romantic relationships (although there was some GORGEOUS FLIRTING), but really dealt with Callie’s identity and her relationship with her sister. As one of 3 sisters, I loved seeing the realistic love/hate portrayal. I definitely recommend this book, and I’m secretly hoping for a film adaptation…

My only note would be that the first/third person switches for present and past were a little disjointing, but I also see that it was used as a memory/storytelling technique.

Thanks Andrea for the opportunity to read this ARC!

This is a good book. The main character is Callie. This book goes back and forth in a timeframe of ten years. It tells about her ex boyfriend from college to present day of her being a school teacher and how she can’t get over how she broke up with her ex boyfriend. It tells how she is trying to go on with her life and something is holding her back, but eventually she meets a guy who she falls in love with.

Ten years ago now preschool teacher, Callie, broke up with her college boyfriend , Ethan. She has just found out that Ethan has a film coming out, and the screenplay is based on their real-life breakup.

While the movie consumes her thoughts, Callie is also having her well-ordered life will upended when her type A, pregnant sister, Nina; adorable four-year-old niece; and workaholic brother-in-law move in while their house is being renovated. How can she say no when as Nina pointed out, it’s still their parents’ house, even if their mom and dad have relocated. Callie also has to wonder if she is truly over Ethan.

This was a cute read. It flashed back and forth between the past and present. It was a cute book. A definite fun summer read.

I really enjoyed this book. I have already recommended it to my book group, and we will read it as soon as it is publicly available.

Typecast has it all: engaging characters, a compelling story, smart writing. I was hooked immediately and kept coming back for more. For book group purposes, it touches on some great subjects that will make for interesting discussion. There is the family dynamic, with a little sibling rivalry and "why are you still single" thrown in; there is the relationship angle, including the road not taken. And who doesn’t have someone in their life that they wonder about, “what would have happened if…?”

This is an awesome debut novel; can’t wait to see what comes next!

Callie has a nice, quiet life in her hometown in New Jersey. She is living in her parents’ old house, she has great friends, and loves her job. She’s been wanting to start dating, but just can’t seem to let go of her past. When she finds out that her ex-boyfriend, Ethan, has written a movie about her, it brings up all kinds of feelings. Was she right to break up with him ten years ago? Should she have moved to California with him after all? Should she get back together with him? She is confused why he would write a movie about her after all this time. Her friends and family and wary for her and think she should let it go, but she just wants answers.

This book was really cute and surprisingly deep. I didn’t expect that back story at all for Callie, but I really loved it. There were times when I didn’t like Nina, but overall the characters were pretty likable. I absolutely loved Ben. He was such a sweetheart all the way through. I really didn’t like Ethan, even in the “before” chapters. I thought he was super controlling. I loved how dedicated Callie was to her job. She seems like such a great teacher. Her relationship with her niece, Zoe, was really sweet. I thought the book was well written and loved how it all came together in the end.

I received an advanced reader copy courtesy of NetGalley and Girl Friday in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed Andrea Stein's debut novel, Typecast. Even though the protagonist is a woman in her early thirties, in many ways, this is a coming-of-age novel. As the story progresses, we learn how and why events from the past stunted Callie. She's chosen a career that she loves, but in all other aspects of her life, Callie lives in a delayed adolescence.

She wasn't always the most likable character. Her journey was messy, and her fears and immaturity caused her to make some pretty big mistakes, but the more we learn about her past, the more I could empathize and root for her to find herself—and not continue to "play the role" others have cast for her.

And I think that's the book's biggest strength. All the characters are pretty flawed people—Callie's sister, mother, the ex—but they feel very believable and very human.

The author deftly handles the threads of Callie's past and present and her connections with friends and family to weave a rich story. I cared about the characters and was very satisfied with how everything came together in the end.

Well, look at me, actually reading a Netgalley book before the Publication date. I was so excited to read this one, that I put it almost at the top of my TBR. And I will tell you; I was NOT wrong. This book was so much fun. I felt an instant connection with Callie. Maybe because she was a teacher, but also because she was just so kind! I felt like this book could end in a hundred different ways, and I was very happy with the way it did.

Pros
Main character: Callie is going right to the top of my favorite main characters this year after finishing this book. She feels super real to me. She's loving, kind and caring, but has bad character traits as well. She does tend to let people walk all over her and doesn't always speak her mind. I loved that she's a teacher, I felt an instant connection because of that. There were real teacher things in this book, like staff meetings, hard times with certain children and/or parents and doing actual work in your weekends.
Timeline: The timeline in this book was fun! I loved the switches between past and present. It really changes up the story, keeps it paced and makes me wonder what happened. This timeline made it feel like the book also had a bit of mystery.
Humor: Oh yes! The humor, banter, sarcasm and flirting in this book was so amazing. It was a light breeze of fresh air and I needed it so much! Really fun and definitely my kind of humor.
Character development: Callie really takes the time to reflect on her choices. She has feelings of doubt, of guilt and she wonders about what could have been in life. In this book she really finds her voice and the last 10% of the book were SO good. It definitely was what I had hoped for and what I wanted for Callie.

Cons

Overall
One of my favorite women's fiction books this year. Not like I read them every day, but I have read a few and this one is at the top of my list. I'm curious what Stein does next and will definitely keep following her. Amazing writing, great characters and fun plot!

This was a cute read. It was light and easy to read. The alternating time line aspect was not particularly my favorite. However, Callie is a highly relatable character.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for this arc in exchange for my honest review.

This book was absolutely amazing. While it did hit a bit close to home for me in some areas, I am still glad that I read it. In some ways reading a book that hits a bit closer than you would like it to is better because it allows you to look at your life in a different way.

Callie, our main character, is at a bit of a crossroads. One that she has been at for a while now. She is still questioning decisions she made after graduating from college while living in her parents house since they moved to Florida. As her family moves back in for many different reasons and she reads an article in her alumni magazine about her ex-boyfriend, she begins to question everything. We follow her as she re-evaluates her decisions and how she got to where she is and what she really wants out of her life.

I would recommend this book for anyone in their 30s who feels a bit stuck.

Thank you to Andrea J. Stein, the author, for reaching out to me to review this masterpiece.

How would you feel if your ex wrote a movie about your break-up? A movie that's about to released across the nation with coverage in every single magazine and newspaper that you pick up? Well....exactly

It's been ten years since Callie broke up with Ethan, her college sweetheart. For four years they were inseparable and, just before they were planning to move across the country together to California, Callie ended it over the phone. Callie had good reasons, but wasn't able to be honest with Ethan and the guilt has been gnawing away at her ever since. The last ten years of her life have been spent in a kind of limbo. Professionally successful as a teacher, Callie is back living in her parents house (a bone of contention with her sister Nina) and has not been able to engage fully in another relationship since Ethan. And then this movie comes along and starts to stir things up....Callie is in danger of sabotaging her future happiness unless she's able to somehow close the book on this chapter of her life

The story of Callie and Ethan is told through dual timelines with chapters based in the present and flashing back to their college years. I particularly liked seeing Callie in all of her life role; as teacher, sister, aunt and friend. It was lovely to see how well she related to her young class at school and also her niece. She's a born teacher! Life is full of "what ifs" and seeing how this impacted on Callie and her romantic life was an interesting and different take on a book that was, in part, about relationships and romance, but mainly around Callie's relationship with herself.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for my eARC.

Callie was supposed to move across the country with her boyfriend, Ethan, after college, once she’d spent the summer with her parents, but instead she shocks him by breaking up with him and never seeing him again. Fast forward 10 years, Callie is still living in her parents house (minus the parents, who have moved to Florida), working as a teacher and has just discovered her ex boyfriend has made a feature movie….starring their breakup.

Her sister keeps telling her she’s stuck in a rut, not growing up, and now it’s time for Callie to figure out whether she’s still stuck on Ethan.

I really enjoyed this one! A relaxing and fun read with plenty of drama and a build up to finding out what really happened between Callie and Ethan.  Each and every character was so well written in Typecast. They all had such distinct personalities and their own difficulties navigating their way through life.

I loved watching Callie piece together her doubts about whether she’d made the right decisions in life, and the exploration of how those decisions can haunt us, and affect life in the present, if we let them.

This was such an interesting and unique premise in what could have been a run of the mill romance book.  I’d highly recommend picking this one up if you get the chance!

Callie is a 31 year old single woman, working as a pre school teacher in New Jersey. She is confronted by her past when her college boyfriend writes a movie that is eerily similar to their relationship.

I enjoyed the past and present timeline of this story. The “before” chapters really helped the reader understand the college relationship between Callie and Ethan, and I really enjoyed seeing them as a couple, despite knowing they no longer were together. I was pleasantly surprised that this is a book of growth for Callie, and not about trying to get her old boyfriend back. Callie grew throughout the story, and the reader gained insight into her relationships with family and friends through the “after” chapters.

This is a quick read and good for those who like books with strong female characters, character growth and development, and a little bit of family/romantic drama.

Thank you NetGalley and the author for my eARC.

Thank you Netgalley for this ARC for an exchange for an honest review.

Really worth a read. Excellent book.

The author reached out to me and sent me a copy of her new book! After reading the synopsis I couldn’t say no! Typecast is a novel about Callie who is in her thirties and working as a teacher when she finds out that her ex boyfriend from college wrote a movie about their breakup! Overall I enjoyed this book. It’s a women’s fiction coming of age story told in dual timelines. I liked watching Callie find herself and let the struggles of her past go. Not my usual genre I go for but this was enjoyable.

Typecast was an excellent debut novel by a fellow bookstagrammer! I always enjoy a story with dual timelines and I liked that it switched back and forth between the past and present. Callie was an incredibly relatable character and I enjoyed going on the journey with her to figure out what she wanted out of life. I truly enjoyed the ending and how things came together the way they were supposed to.

How would you feel if your ex wrote a film about your relationship?

I was hooked by the premise of this book, and my questions about both the past and how things would turn out definitely kept me going. Pacing slowed down for me quite a bit in the middle, but I couldn’t stop reading once I hit the last quarter.

Chapters alternate (somewhat) between “Before” and “After”. The writing was compelling and I enjoyed the character development and seeing family relationships shift. Loved the messages about the paths life takes us on and how we can think about the choices we’ve made.

Personally, I feel like the original title “Rerouting” would have better fit for this book and its reoccurring themes. I get that the author probably wanted to draw more attention to the idea of a movie being made by an ex, and hooking potential readers that way.

Overall, a solid 4 star read for me.

Thank you to Netgalley and Girl Friday Productions for sending me this arc in exchange for an honest review.
After reading the synopsis I thought I would dive in and devour it in one go but unfortunately it didn’t go as well as I thought it would.
It was a good debut for the author, her writing style is really light & enjoyable.
Rating 3.45 stars

I loved this one! Thank you to Netgalley and Andrea Stein for allowing me to read an advanced copy of Typecast!
It's the story of Callie, a preschool teacher, who's past love life/breakup life is about to hit the big screen.
I really like Callie as the main character and her voice throughout the story. She feels real. Her job as a preschool teacher is very well written. Her relationships with family and love interests are relatable. I love that she is an over 30 character and I also loved all the book references! Without spoiling, the ending is perfect, definitely the direction I hoped it was going.
I definitely recommend this one for readers of domestic fiction and romance when it's released in September!

Before/After time line
CoHo vibes
Epic Twist

We open with college sweetheart Callie and Ethan as they are embarking on life after school. Unexpectedly the Sumer break leads to the end of the relationship and we follow Callie on her journey 10 year later when old feelings are brought back up. Andrea Stein does a great Job allowing her characters to process on the page. I did get some CoHo vibes and the twist was unexpected. Callie finds her HEA in the most unexpected place after dealing with her innermost feelings about the past.

𝔸ℝℂ 𝔹𝕠𝕠𝕜 ℝ𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕖𝕨
ℙ𝕌𝔹 𝔻𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝟡/𝟙𝟛/𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟚
𝙏𝙮𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙩
by Andrea J. Stein

Trigger Warning 🚨🚨

Miscarriage and cheating on a partner

I really enjoyed this dual-timeline plot of Callie coming to terms with the break up of her college love and the new movie he has written about their relationship. I found the snippets of their relationship to be relatable and helped to understand everything that led to the break up. I really connected with and identified with Callie. I think it can be so easy to lose ourselves in a relationship and not even know it happened. The book really surprised me with just how close it was to "regular life" and situations that we would/could encounter but yet I was so drawn into Callie's life. From her family life, to her job, friends, dating, and dealing with her own guilt and self discovery. It was relatable but easy to escape into the book. The plot and the characters felt unique, but felt so familiar, which I loved. I found that I couldnt put it down and was so excited to pick it back up!