What's in a Dumpling, Grandma?
by Linda Meeker
This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add email@example.com as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 07 Nov 2023 | Archive Date 31 Dec 2023
Thomas Nelson: CHILDREN'S, Tommy Nelson
From the creator of the TikTok sensation Grey and Mama (@greyandmama, 7.5M followers) and author of Thank You, Mama comes a Vietnamese American family story about a boy who loves to eat adventurously, comfort food, family tradition, and a grandmother's love and wisdom.
Join Grey and his cousin Mila as Grandma teaches them to cook bánh loc, Vietnamese dumplings, and passes down her memories of sharing this heritage comfort food with other loved ones.
This warm-and-toasty picture book for 4-to-8-year-olds
- celebrates the relationship between a grandparent and grandchild,
- explores the importance of family history and cultural heritage through the act of passing down a favorite recipe,
- honors the past while expressing joy for today's memories-in-the-making,
- features the bright and imaginative artwork of Sandra Eide,
- offers a recipe for Grey's grandma's famous fish sauce, and
- includes lots and lots of delicious dumplings!
What's in a Dumpling, Grandma? is the perfect story
- for families eager to help young children find meaning in family history and tradition;
- for kids who are interested in cooking; and
- to give as a gift for a grandparent's birthday, the holidays, Grandparent's Day, and Mother's Day.
This delicious story will leave your mouth watering and your heart full.