Cover Image: Ticket to Paradise

Ticket to Paradise

Ticket to Paradise is an extremely interesting novel which takes place in and around the Montecito/Santa Barbara area. The story begins with descriptions of forest fires and mudslides. Many people are missing from these disasters but when a body is uncovered in the mud with a gunshot wound the story really gets the reader’s attention. The novel depicts police investigative techniques, sibling rivalries, drug dealing and child abductions.

The characters are fascinating and the writing is excellent— except for one error in Chapter 25 when “a pitcher of martinis” is made and 16 lines later “a pitcher of margaritas “ is finished. I would recommend this novel to anyone who enjoys mysteries and thrillers and I thank NetGalley and The Wild Rose Press for the opportunity to read and review this book prior to publication.
I highly disturbing read.  Masterfully written crime story  that was so full of suspense even though the subject matter at times was heart wrenching. I needed to keep reading to find out what happened next. Hoping for just a bit of justice. The characters were either easy to love or hate, no in between. Michael Preston can sure keep you captivated and I can’t wait to read more.

Thank you to NetGalley for providing this book for me to read in exchange for an honest review.

5 stars

This book had me on the edge of my seat the entire time! There were so many plot twists that I could not predict! I'm a sucker for a good crime novel and I would absolutely recommend this book to friends! The ending had me a bit frustrated when things went unsolved, but sometimes good novels don't have such a happy ending!