Fundamentals of Project Management, Sixth Edition
by Joseph Heagney
This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add email@example.com as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 30 Aug 2022 | Archive Date 29 Aug 2022
For close to three decades, Fundamentals of Project Management has helped people tackle the complexities of the job. Succinct and easy to read, the book simplifies concepts, answers questions, and helps tame the chaos that can erupt as projects move from planning to completion.
The Sixth Edition of this trusted bestseller offers the practical guidelines and tools project managers have come to expect, along with new information explaining changes to the PMBOK® Guide, 7th Edition. Updated tools, techniques, examples, and exercises clearly explain how to:
- Clarify project goals and objectives
- Manage stakeholders in the planning process
- Form a project risk plan
- Create a communication plan
- (NEW) Leverage current post-pandemic project trends
- (NEW) Identify challenges leading virtual project teams
- Use a work breakdown structure
- Develop solid estimates
- (NEW) Leverage different technologies to support virtual work
- (NEW) Maximize communication in the absence of visual clues
- Produce a workable schedule
- Improve procurement management
- Manage change requests
- Lead the project team effectively
- Control and evaluate progress at every stage
- Close the project and review lessons learned
- (NEW) Create and sustain trust in a virtual team
- (NEW) Manage project recovery when crises hit
- (NEW) Avoid the faulty fix
- (NEW) Execute the project reset
- (NEW) Manage the risk of project recovery
- And more
Project mishaps are all too common, but often easy to avoid. With its practical, step-by-step approach, this book gets both new and experienced managers up to speed on the fundamentals—the first crucial step for completing projects on time and on budget.
Available on NetGalley
Average rating from 4 members
If you are a project manager, interested in becoming one, or have project management certification that needs to be renewed, I encourage you to get a copy of this most recent edition of Fundamentals of Project Management. There is quite a bit of new information and this book expertly explains the changes to the 7th edition of the PMBOK Guide, as well as provides clear examples and techniques which clarify. It’s worth the investment of time and money.
Readers who liked this book also liked:
Lizzie Damilola Blackburn
We Are Bookish