We welcome ARC requests from any and all NetGalley members, but we’re most interested in connecting with regular and enthusiastic reviewers and bloggers, as well as librarians and booksellers. But if you’re an Amazon or GoodReads reviewer, you’re in with a good chance too!
We check each request thoroughly and do often decline. The most common reasons for declining a request might be:
1. Your NetGalley profile doesn’t include a link to your blog or the website you review for, or we are not able to view it. If you have said you review on GoodReads, please include this link.
2. Your blog or website doesn’t seem to be updated all that frequently or doesn’t seem to feature book reviews on a regular basis.
3. If you have only included social media links, you don’t appear to post book reviews regularly or your reach is too small.
4. You’re a bookseller or librarian, but we can’t figure out from your NG profile where your bookshop or library is.
5. Your NG profile indicates that you’re not interested in the genre of the book you’re requesting (please check that your profile information is up-to-date!)
6. If you don’t have a website to link to, it will be because you haven’t given feedback on many titles on the Netgalley site itself.
If you really want to increase the chance of our accepting your ARC requests, please remember to email us with links to any reviews of our books that you post. They don’t have to be complimentary, they just have to exist. Reviewers, blogs, and websites that we come to recognize over the course of a number of posted reviews - folks we know are really interested in taking a look at our books on a regular basis - have a good chance of being auto-approved for all future requests…
Any questions, please send us an email.
Other requirements include:
Bookseller, press member, or have active blog/vlog for reviews. We do check the sites linked in the profile before approval
Fans of the Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre and Pop-Culture
Board, card, or video game enthusiast a plus