IMMORTAL

Book 2 in the Trelawneys of Williamsburg Series

Pub Date 15 Nov 2016 | Archive Date 08 Jul 2018

This is book two in this Historical Time Travel Romance Series.

This series is intended to be read in order. All 3 books are on NetGalley for review.

Rachel remembered nothing of the past. Her sister Merrilea remembers too much.

IMMORTAL continues the saga of the Trelawneys of Williamsburg, which began in 1746 with the love story of Rachel and slave-trader Grey Trelawney. IMMORTAL is the story of Merrilea Miller, the younger sister of Rachel, who has been raised in hiding by her grandmother, Hannah Hastings ("Nan"), an English woman with a stormy, sorrowful past and many secrets.

(Please note this is the second in a series and is more enjoyable when read following TENDER, Book 1.)

When Merrilea was still a toddler, Nan changed her name to Marley Hastings for her own protection - and for Nan's.

Join Marley, an archaeologist and Williamsburg historian as she discovers the "Lost Sea Captain" in the dig of an 18th-century ship found in a construction site in Norfolk. When she goes on a Caribbean vacation with Nan, Marley herself nearly drowns in a tropical storm until she's rescued by a handsome sea captain.

Marley soon learns she's traveled in time and that Hawk and his best friend, Raven, support the burgeoning American revolution on their ship, the Adventurer, as privateers in the year 1775. The crew wages valiant fights against Royal Navy warships on the high seas, British Army gunners at the Battle of Great Bridge, and the villainous Lucian Caine, who has returned from the past to settle an old score he had with the Trelawneys.

As shy Marley falls in love with the charming Hawk, he brings her out of her shell and teaches her to have courage. Hawk himself is pleasantly surprised at the passion revealed in the fiery young woman. Marley soon comes to believe that Hawk is indeed the Lost Sea Captain - but how can she intervene in his fate without upsetting history?

This is book two in this Historical Time Travel Romance Series.

Rachel remembered nothing of the past. Her sister...

EDITION Paperback

Great book! Super interesting! I cannot wait to tell friends about it as I am sure they will enjoy as much as I did.

I received an arc from NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review. This is one of my favorite reads of 2016. It had so much mystery that I found myself thinking about it, and trying to figure out things before they were revealed. I enjoyed the time travel to the revolutionary war period. I would say it's the best time travel novel I've ever read. The main character Marley was a lovable and strong woman, and her romance with Bronson (aka Hawk) is swoon worthy. I look forward to more by this author!

This book had me from the first page! Thoroughly enjoyed the story and characters. The time travel aspect only adds to the big picture. Hawk and Marley are a completely lovable couple and I truly appreciated the development of their relationship. I am looking forward to the next book in this series and I am going to go back and read the first. Even though this is part of a series, the book stands on it's own! I can't thank NetGalley enough for this title.