Nellie Mae

Pub Date 26 Jan 2017 | Archive Date 31 May 2017

At sixteen, Nellie already decided she would never marry a farmer. Better marry an oil prospector. Someday you might have a nice house. Not like Nellie’s old farmhouse. That new girl asked, ‘what is that oil rig doing in your backyard?’ Nellie’s family farmed around that dirty rig.

EDITION Ebook

This book confused me a little. Firstly, I have no idea what year this book is meant to be set in. The fact that Nellie and Ernie travel by cart and that a car is a rare sight suggests that the book is set in the past, but there is no mention of a date anywhere in this book. To begin with, I liked Ernie. She seemed like a fun, loving girl. By the end, I hated her as much as I did Sonny. I liked Nellie and Steve, but my absolute favorite character was Oakley, who seemed so kind and caring. I Recommend this book to people wanting something to read, but I would've liked to know what year it was set in.