A Common Loss

Pub Date 01 Jan 2012 | Archive Date 01 Sep 2012

They were originally five. Elliot. Brian.Tallis. Cameron. And Dylan -- charismatic Dylan -- the mediator, the leader, the man each one turned to in a time of crisis. Five close friends, bonded in college, still coming together for their annual trip to Las Vegas.

This year they are four. Four friends, sharing a common loss: Dylan's tragic death. A common loss that, upon their arrival in Vegas, will bring with it a common threat: one that will make them question who their departed friend really was, and whether he is even worthy of their grief.

A COMMON LOSS is Kirsten Tranter's follow-up to her critically acclaimed debut, The Legacy. Yet again, Tranter's weave of watertight prose and literary sensibilities show her to be a born writer with a precocious control of storytelling and style.

Advance Praise

Praise for The Legacy

'This is the most satisfying novel I’ve read all year. I can’t wait to see what she does next.'

Praise for The Legacy