Boy Toy

A Romantically Challenged Novel

Pub Date 02 Nov 2017 | Archive Date 26 Nov 2017

Talking about this book? Use #BoyToy #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

For fans of Sophie Kinsella and Jane Green comes a novel of modern love.

Sabrina Mayerson is turning 40, and all she wants for her birthday is one night of hot, sweaty, twenty-something sex.  Twenty-eight-year old Andrew Whelan is happy to oblige.  But when one night becomes a weekend, and a weekend turns into a relationship, Sabrina knows she’s in trouble.  Because Sabrina’s desire for Andrew is rivaled only by her desire for a child.  And the responsibility of fatherhood is something Andrew definitely does not want.

Sure, Andrew’s young, and maybe he’ll change his mind . . . in time.  But time is the one thing Sabrina cannot give him.  Her clock is ticking and forcing her to choose—the love of her life or motherhood.

With colorful characters, pitch-perfect dialogue, razor-sharp observations, and her signature wit, Beth Orsoff crafts a modern love story for every grown-up who’s ever fallen for a Peter Pan.

For fans of Sophie Kinsella and Jane Green comes a novel of modern love.

EDITION Ebook

This is one of those rare five stars for me. There was nothing cheesy or boring about Boy Toy whatsoever. Which, admittedly, is what I thought it was going to be. It's the kind of book that you can read in the span of a few hours and not feel that time go by. It was very light hearted and fun. I really enjoyed it. Sabrina's sister is such a b****!! I mean who does that?! I'm not going to go into specifics since this is a spoiler free review, but what. the. hell. She is the exact opposite of Sabrina, who is kind, smart and thoughtful. Who can do something as bad as that and then pretend like they're the ones who are hurt? Don't even get me started on Sabrina's mother, if we can even call her that! Anyway, everything was very well balanced and well written by Beth. This is the first book that I've read by her and I'm hooked. You'll definitely find more of her work in my blog!