A Life Lived Remotely

Pub Date 13 Mar 2018 | Archive Date 28 Feb 2018

Talking about this book? Use #AlifeLivedRemotely #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

What happens when we take our lives online? How are we being changed by immersion in the internet? How do we know the difference between work and life when one seems to blend into the other?

Part memoir, part theory, A Life Lived Remotely tells the story of a transition to the digital age. It follows the author's journey through remote work, framing it within the exponential growth of the internet and the rapid spread of neoliberalism. It examines how we are being changed by the internet, how we experience that change, and the anxieties and issues that arise. A moment's pause in a world of fast-paced communication, it provides a critical reflection on what it means to come of age along with the internet.

Part...