F*** You Very Much

The surprising truth about why people are so rude

Pub Date 31 May 2018 | Archive Date 31 Jul 2018

Talking about this book? Use #F***youVeryMuch #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

You're not imagining it. People are getting ruder. And this is a serious problem.

The book that inspired the iTunes Top Ten podcast

Did you know that even one rude comment in a life and death situation can decrease a surgeon’s performance by as much as 50%? That we say we don’t want rude politicians, but we vote for them anyway? Or that rude language can sway a jury in a criminal case?

Bestselling writer and broadcaster Danny Wallace (Yes Man, Awkward Situations For Men), is on a mission to understand where we have gone wrong. He travels the world interviewing neuroscientists, psychologists, NASA scientists, barristers, bin men, and bellboys. He joins a Radical Honesty group in Germany, talks to drivers about road rage in LA, and confronts his own online troll in a pub.

And in doing so, he uncovers the latest thinking about how we behave, how rudeness, once unleashed, can spread like a virus – and how even one flippant remark can snowball into disaster.

As insightful and enthralling as it is highly entertaining, F*** You Very Much* is an eye-opening exploration into the worst side of human behaviour.

"A cry for human decency… deliciously hilarious. I politely encourage you to read this book. Immediately." Adam Grant author of Originals, Give and Take, Option B

*This book was originally published under the title, I Can’t Believe You Just Said That. But we decided it just wasn’t rude enough...

The book that inspired the iTunes Top Ten podcast

Did you know that even one rude comment in a life and death...

ISBN 9780091919092