Silent Is The Magpie

Pub Date 01 May 2012 | Archive Date Not set
VanitaBooks LLC, Newburn Drive

Retired wife and mother goes on a walk-about and finds the self who has haunted

her on the road less traveled. This novel is contemporary fiction with a romance and feminist slant. It is written for women... maybe older women. It is about a woman who finds her sense of identity, power and voice. It might fit the self-help genre but has an adventure/romance element to it. Some have described it as a vision quest.

Retired wife and mother goes on a walk-about and finds the self who has haunted

Advance Praise

"I have been honored to witness Vanita's amazing growth as a writer. Her children's books have won a dedicated nationwide following. Silent Is The Magpie is, by turns, touching and thrilling and, finally, inspiring. To women of a certain age, they will read this and when finished say, ‘I want to meet Jamie Barlow!'

"They will also realize that we truly never stop growing and learning, and then saying to the world with both feet firmly planted on the ground: ‘This is who I am.' Hurrah for Jamie! Hurrah for us!"

Carolyn S. Brodie, PhD