Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #StirOfShadows #NetGalley
Marigold has never felt like she truly belonged with her family. And neither has Frederick. When a phoenix feather brings the young teens together for the first time, they finally understand why: they are twins, separated as children.
The two soon learn they have other siblings, and that if they successfully reunite with their brother and sister before the feather bursts into flame, they will all fulfill otherworldly destinies. What they don’t know is that their mysterious sister is a villainous witch who has been trapped in the cover of a grimoire to keep the world safe from her murderous scorn.
Meanwhile, Teagan finds herself in a hopeless situation and faces losing her tail forever. Time’s running out, and it’s up to Asher and Ariana to save her... if only they knew she was in danger.
Will Asher and Ariana save Teagan in time?
Will Marigold and Frederick risk releasing the witch to make their dreams come true?
And if they do, will the land of Rhyme ever be the same?
A Note From the Publisher
Praise for the Legend of Rhyme Series:
“I read Elora of Stone without putting it down. The ‘Legend of Rhyme’ depicts a wondrous world populated with fairies and ogres, good witches and bad, and delightful protagonists.”
- Paulette Bourgeois, author of the Franklin the Turtle series, Order of Canada winner
"Blood and Stars will not disappoint readers with a penchant for action-packed, plot-driven novels... The short chapters in this novel allow the storyline to build at an accessible pace both for parents who wish to read aloud and for independent readers at the middle-grade level... Subtlety makes way for deep conversation between parent and child."
- Atlantic Books Today
“[The Legend of Rhyme] is an excellent way to introduce fantasy/adventure to beginning readers and hook reluctant readers.”
- Cat Michaels, author of the Sweet T Tales
“[Jaime Lee Mann] captured a little bit of everything that’s been really popular and intriguing for these readers.”
- Karen Mair, CBC’s Mainstreet PEI radio show
- Book launch at the Dayboat, Cymbria, PEI, September 2018
- Author tour of Atlantic Canada middle schools, book stores, libraries, and related outlets
- Book signings and reading appearances
- Print, radio, and television campaign for major Canadian and genre-specific media
- Online publicity campaign, author guest posts, and blog tour (digital ARCs available via NetGalley)
- Social media campaign including Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
- Literary award submissions across Canada
- Literary festival submissions across Canada