The Lost Sentinel

(Silent Sea Chronicles #1)

Pub Date 16 Jun 2017 | Archive Date 09 Aug 2018

Talking about this book? Use #TheLostSentinel #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

The magical island of Kalaya is dying, along with its Sentinel. With the Kalayan people turning their back on magic, can Tei help the exiles find their new Sentinel before it's too late?

The Assembly controls Kalaya. Originally set up to govern, they now persecute those with magic and exile them to the Turrak Mountains.

Tei, a tailor’s daughter, has always hidden her magic. When her father’s old friend visits and warns them to flee to the mountains she must leave her old life behind.

On the journey, an attack leaves her father mortally wounded. He entrusts her into the care of two exiles, Rike and Garrick, and on his deathbed makes a shocking confession.

Struggling with self-doubt, Tei joins the exiles in the search for their lost Sentinel. But mysterious Masked Riders want the Sentinel too, and time, as well as hope, is running out.

How can Tei help the Kalayan people reunite and save the magic when their ignorance threatens to destroy them all?

The Assembly...

Advance Praise

‘Wow, after reading this book I am emotionally drained… but in a good way.’ MPB – My Peacock Books

‘Surrounded by some wonderful characters who get under your skin almost from the start Tei sets out on a harrowing journey which is heartwarming, moving, and terrifying all at once.
…this story bowled me over, it was an absolutely outstanding epic fantasy and the kind of writing fantasy authors should be aspiring to.’ Claire – Brizzle Lass Books

‘The Lost Sentinel contains plenty of action, intrigue, and challenges throughout, making this a thrilling fantasy adventure indeed. It’s the sort of book I enjoyed reading while reclining in a comfy chair on the sunny front porch of my house. It didn’t overwhelm me with information, itty bitty details, or dull monologues, but rather it whisked me away to someplace magical, alluring, and dangerous.’ Angela – Pooled Ink Reviews

‘The world building is incredible, it’s my favorite aspect of the book and I think it’s the best achieved. The descriptions are exceptional, without doubt.’ Sofia – A Book. A Thought.

EDITION Ebook