Golden State

Pub Date 24 Jan 2019 | Archive Date 03 Jun 2019

Talking about this book? Use #GoldenState #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

___________________

'A prescient, devastating commentary on humanity’s disintegrating attachment to reality and truth... Winters has written a 1984 for the 21st century. Not just a thrilling book, but an important one'
Blake Crouch, author of Dark Matter and TV series Wayward Pines

'A dystopia for our times' Financial Times

‘A wry commentary on our current era’ Guardian
___________________

Welcome to Golden State, where the worst crime you can commit is to lie.

Laz Ratesic is a veteran of the State’s special police. Those in power rely on Laz to discover the full and final truth.

But when a man falls from a roof in suspicious circumstances, it sets in motion a terrifying series of events which will shatter Laz’s world for ever.

Because when those in control of the truth decide to twist it, only those with the power to ask questions can fight back.
___________________

Golden State is an ambitious and frighteningly timely novel set in a world where everything is recorded and no one can be trusted. For anyone who loved The Handmaid's Tale, The Power and Station Eleven.

'Pacy and compelling' SFX

'Golden State is fascinating, cutting and ultimately inspiring' SciFiNow

Advance Praise

Praise for Ben H. Winters:

‘Spellbinding…a thriller not to be missed and one that will not be easily forgotten.’ HUGH HOWEY

‘This one kept me up at night and changed the way I saw the world when I was finished.’ ANN PATCHETT

‘A rich noir in a terrifyingly convincing alternate America. It’s both beautiful and brutal.’ LAUREN BEUKES

‘Makes the word “thrilling” seem inadequate. It changed the way I looked at everything.’ OBSERVER

Praise for Ben H. Winters:

‘This one kept me up at night and changed the way I saw the world when I was...

PRICE £14.99 (GBP)