The Devil's Pact
The Devil's Revolver Series, book 3
by V. S. McGrath
Pub Date 18 Dec 2018
Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #TheDevilsPact #NetGalley
Hold on to your hats — the Devil’s Revolver series is back with an evil twin, deep magic, zombies, menacing grand balls, a train heist, hand-to-hand high-stakes battles, and two sisters who have grown in their power to face and fight the end of the Weird West.
If Hettie Alabama could do what she was told and stand down . . . she might not anyway. Especially when the letters her sister sends from her place of hiding don’t seem quite right, and Hettie’s posse is tying her hands tighter by the day. She’s itching to take the safety off her cursed mage gun, the Devil’s Revolver, and walk through the fire to end the reign of evil that’s choking the magic out of the West—not to mention save her sister once and for all.
The only problem? Hettie’s name is in the headlines and on every wanted poster in the nation—but she’s not the one robbing banks and killing innocents, even if the pictures look just like her. She’s up to her chin in high-necked gowns and beauty glamors, charged with fulfilling her word to the influential Favreau family of New Orleans, even as it becomes increasingly clear that they want only to consolidate the world’s waning magic in the hands of the rich and powerful. The politics get more personal as the most loyal of Hettie’s gang uncover the threat of an immoderate technology that steals magic from the unwitting innocent and transfers it to the nefarious elite.
Hettie has no choice but to go rogue, and when she drops a black hat over her brow, the Devil’s Revolver’s trigger glows hot. The Devil’s Pact stampedes from San Francisco’s Chinatown tongs through the glittering high society of Chicago to the hidden swamps of the Deep South in its search for truth, genuine justice, and an end to a world that refuses to recognize the power and change wrought by girls.
Review copies of The Devil's Revolver (book 1) and The Devil's Standoff (book 2) are available by contacting the publisher via brainmillpress.com.
A Note From the Publisher
9781948559270 (Kindle) 9781948559263 (epub) 9781948559287 (pdf)
“The feminist western you’ve been waiting for: The Devil’s Revolver has heart and grit. A terrific genre-crossing tale with a deft touch of the macabre.” —Donna Thorland, author of The Turncoat, writer on the TV series Salem and The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
“A fantastically readable female-focused story . . . A really terrific riff on the Western, told with huge verve.” —KJ Charles, author of the Charm of Magpies series
“Features vivacious characters with tricks up their sleeves.” —Publishers Weekly
“Immensely readable, gritty, and sharp as a spur rowel, The Devil’s Revolver is a western with a twist.” —Deanna Raybourn, New York Times bestselling author of the Julia Grey novels
“An exhilarating ride through a unique world, The Devil's Revolver pulls you in and doesn't let you go. Hettie casts a spell on you that's sure to keep you turning the pages.” —Christine D'Abo, author of the Bounty series
“The Devil’s Revolver is a riveting ride that mixes the grit of Westerns with the world of magic. McGrath loads this fantastic story with action, suspense, adventure and unforgettable characters. You’ll definitely want to pull the trigger.” —Wynne Channing
"The women of this series are amazing. There are so many of them, they're treated as equals, and they're all such badasses.” —Midwest Book Review
"This book had absolutely everything that I was hoping it would have and more!" --Bookish Nerdy Girl, 5-star review
"I haven't read anything like it and I really enjoyed this installment." --Chapters Through Life, 4.5-star review
"Filled with lots of action and adventure in a truly unique world made of western history and magical realism, you can find yourself getting lost in the world created for these characters." --Adventures in Literature, 4-star review
"After binge reading these first two books, I am now finding myself *desperate* for the next installment! I have big ol’ grabby hands right now, let me tell you!" --Book-Keeping, 5 magical stars
* Print galley submission to industry review outlets and influencers.
* Print and digital galleys available to reviewers and industry professionals via NetGalley, Edelweiss, and promotion to the American Booksellers Association email list.
* Book launch and signings at Bakka Phoenix Bookstore in Toronto (fantasy and science fiction focused bookseller), several Indigo locations, Olds Cool General Store, East York outdoor farmer's market, and other Toronto locations.
* Paid cover reveal and release blitz with web-based book reviewers for The Devil's Revolver, The Devil's Standoff, and The Devil's Pact, with additional paid placements planned for The Legend of Diablo.
* Paid social media marketing on Twitter and Facebook, with ad placement at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books and other review sites.
* $1.99 price reduction promotion on the ebook of The Devil's Revolver ongoing as the series releases, with planned paid influencer promotion (BookBub and others) of price reduction on The Devil's Standoff when The Devil's Pact releases
* Submission to relevant awards for fantasy and Young Adult titles * Press release campaigns to Canadian and U.S.-based media for all author appearances and at launch
* Book series website (http://devilsrevolver.com) featuring book information, excerpts, and book trailers for each book in the series
* Cover art commissioned for each book by award-winning fantasy artist Cassandre Bolan