Six Days: The Incredible Story of D-Day's Lost Chapter
by Robert Venditti; Kevin Maurer
Pub Date 14 May 2019
Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #SixDays #NetGalley
In the worst mis-drop of the D-Day campaign, a group of soldiers are rattled to find themselves even deeper behind enemy lines than anyone had intended. Miraculously, the citizens of Graignes vote to feed and shelter the soldiers, knowing that the decision would bring them terrible punishment if their efforts were discovered by the Germans. That day of reckoning comes faster than anyone could expect.
As a small German militia passes through, the world's war comes to their remote town in the countryside and for the the next six days, the small band of American paratroopers and French citizens must fight for their lives to hold back 2,000 enemy combatants.
Six Days: The Incredible Story of D-Day's Lost Chapter is a true story of survival, loyalty, the brutality of war and a triumph of the human spirit so rarely brought to the comics form. Writers Kevin Maurer (#1 New York Times bestseller No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden) and Robert Venditti (Green Lantern)--whose uncle fought in the Battle of Graignes and is a key character in the tale--completed exhaustive archival research in preparation this unbelievable untold story from World War II.
• Elevate the content of the materials with features/interviews with talent teams with National press, pop culture, comic trade and literary outlets. Including Entertainment Weekly, Washington Post, Inverse, Book Riot among others.
• Make use of talents contacts to press and media--engage for possible coverage
• 3,000 copy ARC print run
• National Advertising: Facebook, in-book advertising, Goodreads, Entertainment Weekly
• Ingram and Baker & Taylor graphic novel supplements
• Promotion on vertigocomics.com; goodreads.com
• Goodreads and Shelf Awareness giveaways
• Promotion through Vertigo Comics social media (Facebook, Twitter, blogs)
• Feature in the Vertigo bimonthly newsletter
• Preview in the DC and Vertigo print and digital comics that are on sale the same month of this graphic novel
• House ad in DC print and digital comics
• Spotlighted in DC All Access Editorial Column
• Feature segment/interview on DC All Access - the video web series
• Featured in Vertigo's Editorial Column
• Online advertising campaign
• Banner advertising on dccomics.com and vertigocomics.com
• E-blasts with links to digital galleys sent to bookstores, libraries and media
• Co-op available
• Digital galleys available November 2018
• Promotional co-op allowance
• Local author appearances