Remarkable

Living a Faith Worth Talking About

Pub Date 03 Sep 2019 | Archive Date 25 Oct 2019

Senior pastor Brady Boyd draws parallels between the early church at Corinth and today’s culture to illustrate how Christians can stay true to their beliefs and live a loving and faith-filled life—demonstrating a new way to interact with the modern world.

Lead pastor of New Life Church Brady Boyd encourages us to look beyond the archetypical pitfalls Christians historically have fallen victim to: Instigators hold an “us-against-you” outlook towards anyone whose beliefs differ from theirs; Isolators go into holy hiding and choose to associate exclusively with those who think like them; and Integrators slide so seamlessly into the surrounding culture that they become ingrained in it.

Instead, as Boyd illuminates here in Remarkable, Paul the Apostle proposes a new approach, one centered on God’s wisdom rather than societal temptations and popular culture. Through Paul’s teachings, Boyd shows us how we can not only learn to hear the Word, but also live it, reclaiming the peace, the freedom, and the joy that we lost by imitating the modern world. Remarkable reminds us that by embracing the vision Paul held for followers of God, we can begin leading truly remarkable lives by letting love guide us every step of the way.

ISBN 9781982101374