My Best Friend Runs Venus

Pub Date 01 Jun 2019 | Archive Date 31 Jul 2019

Talking about this book? Use #MyBestFriendRunsVenus #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

At 12.9 years old, number-obsessed Kade Walker has never heard of death. Literally. But neither has anyone else he knows. Kade is one of hundreds of kids "living" across the solar system through robotic avatars while their real bodies sleep in pods on Earth.

Unfortunately, robot bodies can be hacked.

One day during an (innocent!) experiment, Kade unwittingly breaks a major security wall and releases an infamous hacker. The madwoman targets all the royal avatars, including Kade’s best friend, Princess Tamika of Venus.

If Kade and Tamika don’t want to become the hacker’s puppets, they’ve got to stop her fast--even if it means waking up on Earth to fight with bodies they never realized could be hurt.

A Note From the Publisher

Author Bio: Katrina S. Forest is a teacher by day, author by any-other-time-she-can-get. Her work has sold to a variety of magazines, ranging from Flash Fiction Online to Highlights to Children. She loves nerdy conventions and believes video games can be a force of creative good instead of evil.

Kindle Edition ASIN: B07SGNPWPS ($3.99)

Illustrations by Crystal Rose and Cover Design by Natasha Snow

Advance Praise

Reviews thus far are available on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/44549693-my-best-friend-runs-venus

Marketing Plan

I recently completed a tour with Lola's Blog Tours. The book is available in one local bookstore and will be available at a second after I complete a signing event there in two weeks.

EDITION Paperback